Value of original Nintendo, Atari, etc

Found 3rd Dec 2016
Clearing out our attic and coming across toys and games from when our boys where kids circa 30 years ago... have Space Invaders Hand held thing, Nintendo and Atari all with games.... should we bin them or are they worth anything? Also compact 4" TV's with radio! All retro and in great condition!

38 Comments

I think the old consoles will be worth a bit, check what the going rate is on ebay

Just check ebay completed listings will give you a good idea

what Nintendo? could be interested

Original Poster

bloooo

I think the old consoles will be worth a bit, check what the going rate … I think the old consoles will be worth a bit, check what the going rate is on ebay

Good idea, wasn't sure if worth while!

Original Poster

Daniboy

Thanks, shall do!

Put them all on eBay as separate items. You'll be very surprised how much some of these old games and systems go for. Don't bulk sell them otherwise traders will buy and resell them as individual items.

Can`t believe with the power of the internet that you wouldnt first look on Ebay to see what things are worth????

jason21monkey

Can`t believe with the power of the internet that you wouldnt first look … Can`t believe with the power of the internet that you wouldnt first look on Ebay to see what things are worth????

If their kids were teenagers 30yrs ago how old do you think they are?

Compact tv's aren't worth much now since analogue signal was switched off.

Original Poster

jason21monkey

Can`t believe with the power of the internet that you wouldnt first look … Can`t believe with the power of the internet that you wouldnt first look on Ebay to see what things are worth????

Well, I can answer you very easily, I've never used ebay and I trust HUKD family to give me proper advice/feedback and point me in the right direction, it's all about trust!

Original Poster

Teezgaff

Perhaps a case of a younger women marrying an older widow with kids

Retro prices have jumped alot in the last year have a look around online for price guides. Depending on condition and of they are complete will cause the prices to vary. Deffo eBay um. Prices are high right now for such things. You maybe surprised on what you get for them

Original Poster

nitelighter

Retro prices have jumped alot in the last year have a look around online … Retro prices have jumped alot in the last year have a look around online for price guides. Depending on condition and of they are complete will cause the prices to vary. Deffo eBay um. Prices are high right now for such things. You maybe surprised on what you get for them

Many thanks, just wondering if they are of any value, would not sell them as they belong to the kids, we just wanted to know wether to bin them or keep them. Might check items out on their behalf and if they want to rid, pass them on the money!
Edited by: "mousey" 3rd Dec 2016

nitelighter

Retro prices have jumped alot in the last year have a look around online … Retro prices have jumped alot in the last year have a look around online for price guides. Depending on condition and of they are complete will cause the prices to vary. Deffo eBay um. Prices are high right now for such things. You maybe surprised on what you get for them

Not just in the last year, more like the last 10 years.

Original Poster

Teezgaff

Anyway, what has age got to do with it, .... how immature!!

Original Poster

bloooo

I think the old consoles will be worth a bit, check what the going rate … I think the old consoles will be worth a bit, check what the going rate is on ebay

Thanks

Original Poster

Daniboy

Thanks

Original Poster

tubbs321

Compact tv's aren't worth much now since analogue signal was switched off.

Thanks

Original Poster

richardthompson79

what Nintendo? could be interested

Original box says Nintendo Entertainment System, Action Set
Includes, Control deck, two controllers, Zapper light gun, Double game pak : Duck Hunt/Super Mario Bros
All packed in original packaging complete in the box, hardly used!

mousey

Original box says Nintendo Entertainment System, Action SetIncludes, … Original box says Nintendo Entertainment System, Action SetIncludes, Control deck, two controllers, Zapper light gun, Double game pak : Duck Hunt/Super Mario BrosAll packed in original packaging complete in the box, hardly used!

Definitely don't bin it. Retro 8/16 bit games (a la Minecraft, Terraria, etc) are all the rage with kids these days - if you've got young ones in the family I'm sure they would love it. Our girls love playing the SNES just as much as the Xbox One!

Anyway, the Action Set if all pieces are there is worth a very minimum of £100, some even fetch £200-£300 depending on condition. It's a funny ol' world, some of the games sell for more - despite being used, passed down from your granny to your aunt and cousins dog - than the latest & greatest new releases for the modern consoles.

if the console is not yellowed that is a big plus to the value, collectors will pay premium price for this,
I know because I did for my snes!

and a tidy box of course

Original Poster

GrantG182

Definitely don't bin it. Retro 8/16 bit games (a la Minecraft, Terraria, … Definitely don't bin it. Retro 8/16 bit games (a la Minecraft, Terraria, etc) are all the rage with kids these days - if you've got young ones in the family I'm sure they would love it. Our girls love playing the SNES just as much as the Xbox One! Anyway, the Action Set if all pieces are there is worth a very minimum of £100, some even fetch £200-£300 depending on condition. It's a funny ol' world, some of the games sell for more - despite being used, passed down from your granny to your aunt and cousins dog - than the latest & greatest new releases for the modern consoles.

Thanks for this, yes all pieces are there and it is immaculate condition, good news!

Original Poster

richardthompson79

if the console is not yellowed that is a big plus to the value, … if the console is not yellowed that is a big plus to the value, collectors will pay premium price for this,I know because I did for my snes!

It's like the same day it was opened on xmas morning

Original Poster

richardthompson79

and a tidy box of course

Box is in "perfect" condition

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NES-Nintendo-Console-Action-Set-Complete-Collectors-Condition-PAL-ZAPPER-/192040929300?hash=item2cb6880814%3Ag%3A41oAAOSwImRYPBkB&_trkparms=pageci%253A9f7469fc-b9b3-11e6-824e-74dbd1805e83%257Cparentrq%253Ac71aedfc1580a60ce5b87cdeffe58956%257Ciid%253A1
Above is probably upper price and is buy it now.

Original Poster

richardthompson79

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NES-Nintendo-Console-Action-Set-Complete-Collectors-Condition-PAL-ZAPPER-/192040929300?hash=item2cb6880814%3Ag%3A41oAAOSwImRYPBkB&_trkparms=pageci%253A9f7469fc-b9b3-11e6-824e-74dbd1805e83%257Cparentrq%253Ac71aedfc1580a60ce5b87cdeffe58956%257Ciid%253A1Above is probably upper price and is buy it now.

Wow, thanks for this, great news
Our son never really used it passed Xmas day, it is in mint condition, good to know the resale price, thanks for all your efforts! Season Greetings, I have just had an idea, perhaps he now would like it as a Xmas present at the age of 37!

No problem.
This thread has got me browsing on eBay for additions to my collection.....

mousey

Wow, thanks for this, great newsOur son never really used it passed Xmas … Wow, thanks for this, great newsOur son never really used it passed Xmas day, it is in mint condition, good to know the resale price, thanks for all your efforts! Season Greetings, I have just had an idea, perhaps he now would like it as a Xmas present at the age of 37!

Most definitely. Been a while since I last pulled the NES out, but kids are now in awe of the NES, particularly Mario Golf!

Original Poster

GrantG182

Most definitely. Been a while since I last pulled the NES out, but kids … Most definitely. Been a while since I last pulled the NES out, but kids are now in awe of the NES, particularly Mario Golf!

Thanks for your reply!

Glad I saw this thread, got an original SNES, Mega Drive & PS1 in the attic! Going to have to check them - wonder if my adult kids will get nostalgic

Original Poster

coolcat21

Glad I saw this thread, got an original SNES, Mega Drive & PS1 in the … Glad I saw this thread, got an original SNES, Mega Drive & PS1 in the attic! Going to have to check them - wonder if my adult kids will get nostalgic

Glad I'm not the only one in the attic!! Only there due to getting the Xmas decors!!

Original Poster

coolcat21

Glad I saw this thread, got an original SNES, Mega Drive & PS1 in the … Glad I saw this thread, got an original SNES, Mega Drive & PS1 in the attic! Going to have to check them - wonder if my adult kids will get nostalgic

It's funny what you come across when getting out the Christmas decorations from the attic/roofspace!

Ha ha if you find a Megaman SNES game, Kerching!
looking at £50-£300 just for these games

mousey

It's funny what you come across when getting out the Christmas … It's funny what you come across when getting out the Christmas decorations from the attic/roofspace!

Totally agree!! Don't like going up there, but have to Christmas time Least this time it might be profitable, although not as good a find as yours!
I've also got an original Binatone TV console (with a gun!) that my youngest took to Primary school when they were doing "History of entertainment"; it worked but they weren't allowed to play it at school as it hadn't had a safety check!! She was disappointed, so her friends came round to play at home! They weren't very impressed, but I was nostalgic X)

GrantG182

Most definitely. Been a while since I last pulled the NES out, but kids … Most definitely. Been a while since I last pulled the NES out, but kids are now in awe of the NES, particularly Mario Golf!

​NES Open?

I sold one of my old ipod nano 1st gen for over 100£
There was actually a bidding war from Germany God knows why

mhance1

​NES Open?

​NES Open was absolutely superb
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244870
    2. Add one, leave one game54315392