Expired

Van-Damme Pro Speaker Cable Polarity For Home Cinema 7.1 system.

Found 6th JunEdited by:"lettherebedeals"
Hi There, I am presently upgrading my Home Cinema System and have decided to invest in some NEW speaker cables to replace my ageing 15+ yrs cables, I do not know a great deal about speaker polarity and so forth, but do expect to get the BEST from my home cinema system... I know Red = + and Black = - my Question is I have been been looking on Amazon and noticed there are some great deals on the Van Damme Range of Speaker Cables. Twin-Axial Speaker Cables to be specific.

From reading the review It seems a lot of people are using these cables for their home cinema systems, are these cables designed for Home Cinema Systems? and secondly why is one of the cables BLUE and not Black, does this mean if I was to buy these cables the BLUE cable would go into the minus polarity? and the red into the POSITIVE polarity? I am not sure what all this means to be honest and I need some help. I could buy a generic red & black cable to make it easier for me, but while these seems to be on offer I may as well take advantage.

My final questions are: what thickness should I opt for? I was thinking 2.5mm. I have short cable runs, my front 5 speakers are less than 1 meter away from my AV Receiver and my Rear Surrounds are just less of 3m from my AV receiver.

Also in light of Speaker Gauge it seems the higher the better for short cable runs and lower the better for long cable runs? do you think 16AWG would be sufficient for ALL 7 speakers?

I would so appreciate any help on this as I am so confused why its blue & red and not black & red? and what speaker gauge I should opt for? and thickness of wire? Thanks so much.

Also if any of you have any recommendations for HQ speakers cables without pushing the boat out to much I would be grateful, thanks.
Community Updates
6 Comments
The colour doesn't matter as long as it's oxygen free copper you will be fine. Studio grade just means it's good for a studio environment, i.e. disconnected daily, walked over, in a damp area and rolled up and chucked in the back of a van.

In a nutshell you don't need it. Save your money and just buy the cheaper stuff.
kester7612 m ago

The colour doesn't matter as long as it's oxygen free copper you will be …The colour doesn't matter as long as it's oxygen free copper you will be fine. Studio grade just means it's good for a studio environment, i.e. disconnected daily, walked over, in a damp area and rolled up and chucked in the back of a van. In a nutshell you don't need it. Save your money and just buy the cheaper stuff.

Thanks, but does decent speaker cable make a difference?, according to some reviews bass and sonic levels are better with studio grade speaker cable, some speaker cables costs £100s personally I must admit I think much of its a con or your paying for the brand such as Chord Company but does it matter? anyone since I posted this I noticed even though the van damme cables seems to be on offer on amazon I can get the same cables cheaper on ebay lol.
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 6th Jun
lettherebedeals2 h, 5 m ago

Thanks, but does decent speaker cable make a difference?, according to …Thanks, but does decent speaker cable make a difference?, according to some reviews bass and sonic levels are better with studio grade speaker cable, some speaker cables costs £100s personally I must admit I think much of its a con or your paying for the brand such as Chord Company but does it matter? anyone since I posted this I noticed even though the van damme cables seems to be on offer on amazon I can get the same cables cheaper on ebay lol.

Maybe to an oscilloscope but the average home user won't hear any difference. Studio cables are designed for electrically noisy environments. The average home doesn't suffer the same issues.

These cables are over engineered the average home cinema buff. You're better off investing the extra money in a good subwoofer.
I can see four listing on Amazon and none of them have any reviews, could you post a link to the exact item. I bought several cables listed as pure copper from no name brands like that and every single one was copper coated aluminium. Ended up buying some more Qed micro cable for dirt cheap second hand from ebay. Richersounds sell it for £2.50 a metre, but I got about 30-40 metres for about £20.
I doubt you would be able to notice much of a difference between a damn expensive cable in your home compared to a medium priced cable, a cheap one you probably would.
Thanks for all your comments, I have gone ahead and purchased a 15m (2.5mm) OFC Copper Roll of High-Quality Speaker Pro Series Cable with Polarity Markings from a company called KabelDireckt cost £16.14 arriving tomorrow, I use KabelDireck HDMI cables and never had any issues even with 4K, the speaker cables have great reviews to.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants