Van for courier

Posted 4th Mar
Hi, i need swb/lwb van low roof to deliver parcels(self employed). I'm thinking about transit custom 15-16 plate on HP finance. Will do 10-15k miles anually .Never had car on finance/leasing. What's best option? Better go with new car on leasing or buy used on finance?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Probably best to check on the transit forums regards the suitability and reliability of the custom
Edited by: "Flynn.Jack" 4th Mar
Flynn.Jack04/03/2020 20:23

Probably best to check on the transit forums regards the suitability and …Probably best to check on the transit forums regards the suitability and reliability of the custom

I will. Thank you for reply
General observation: leasing may be less flexible (or more costly) if you wish to upgrade/downgrade during lease term.
Have you got business car insurance quotes for parcel deliveries? The rates are astronomical.
Is it a new job you’re trying or is it your definite career? There are some companies that do new customs for circa £300 a month on a month by month basis if you’re starting out as a subby for amazon or similar it might be better to get one of those then look to get a long term vehicle.
Also if going into London you’ll need a euro 6 vehicle which I believe is 16 plate or newer
General observation #2: Sorry We Missed You imdb.com/tit…16/
7ommy.7804/03/2020 20:28

Is it a new job you’re trying or is it your definite career? There are s …Is it a new job you’re trying or is it your definite career? There are some companies that do new customs for circa £300 a month on a month by month basis if you’re starting out as a subby for amazon or similar it might be better to get one of those then look to get a long term vehicle. Also if going into London you’ll need a euro 6 vehicle which I believe is 16 plate or newer

No it's not new job for me, i'm working for amazon 2,5 yrs. First i was renting then i bought old van(vivaro 2004), but is now in bad condition and to fixed i will have to spend same amount or more to buy another one...thats why i'm thinking to buy something few years old(hopefully more reliable) and aswell as i can see so far on hp finance i could give back a car when half will be paid( just in case something go wrong...life).
chocci04/03/2020 20:28

Have you got business car insurance quotes for parcel deliveries? The …Have you got business car insurance quotes for parcel deliveries? The rates are astronomical.

I did but i don't pay that much
7ommy.7804/03/2020 20:36

Used these beforehttps://www.apexrental.co.uk

I used to rent(for much moooore) but the worst thing like was in my situation and other guys renting from same company(blue motion) they try to charge for eveything, even damage which was allready on a car. I used to take pictures and record videos every time i pick up or drop off a van. Was really that bad, thats why i went for old car to not deal anymore with that and thats why i don't know if i want it rent ever again... But thanks for help
Needs to be white I think
Didn’t think there was any money in the courier line of work. A friend works for Yodel and he gets paid around £1.10 per parcel, he regularly works 14 hour days 6 days a week.
At amazon they pay per route, usually 6-8hr till im done 5-6 days a week
BadMF05/03/2020 07:29

Didn’t think there was any money in the courier line of work. A friend w …Didn’t think there was any money in the courier line of work. A friend works for Yodel and he gets paid around £1.10 per parcel, he regularly works 14 hour days 6 days a week.

Jesus i was offered a job at tnt 10 years ago for £950 per week, after paying for van and insurances and tax etc you were left with over £500. What happened ?
I text him earlier as it happens, and it’s £1.13 per parcel. He’s not directly employed by Yodel though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants