Posted 30th Nov
I have a new work van on factory order since July of this year. It's been delayed twice now moving delivery times from October to end of November and now week 2 in Jan next year. Now if the van turns up in Jan when they say it will be only 6 weeks away until the new reg will come out. Currently I've been told the van will be registered upon arrival so MY69 but I'm not sure I want it 6 weeks before a the newer reg is available. Looking at the t's & c's I'll have to pay £500 to cancel as broker isn't liable for production delays. Is the fact that the reg will change so close to delivery a viable escuse to cancel without penalty? If I'd known this to begin a with I would have either delayed ordering even longer. The reason and sticking point is I've ordered the van in red rather than the traditional white. I've asked the the registration to be delayed until 1st March or even I'll start the agreement when it arrives at the dealer but not take deliver until March but dealers having none of it. Just getting the we understand your concerns but it is what it is!!