Van leasing advice

Posted 30th Nov
I have a new work van on factory order since July of this year. It's been delayed twice now moving delivery times from October to end of November and now week 2 in Jan next year. Now if the van turns up in Jan when they say it will be only 6 weeks away until the new reg will come out. Currently I've been told the van will be registered upon arrival so MY69 but I'm not sure I want it 6 weeks before a the newer reg is available. Looking at the t's & c's I'll have to pay £500 to cancel as broker isn't liable for production delays. Is the fact that the reg will change so close to delivery a viable escuse to cancel without penalty? If I'd known this to begin a with I would have either delayed ordering even longer. The reason and sticking point is I've ordered the van in red rather than the traditional white. I've asked the the registration to be delayed until 1st March or even I'll start the agreement when it arrives at the dealer but not take deliver until March but dealers having none of it. Just getting the we understand your concerns but it is what it is!!
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
You ordered a vehicle. The reg year is irrelevant.
The reg year is relevant as I ordered the vehicle on the basis it will be on the newest latest reg for at least 3 months
f3rritt30/11/2019 15:50

The reg year is relevant as I ordered the vehicle on the basis it will be …The reg year is relevant as I ordered the vehicle on the basis it will be on the newest latest reg for at least 3 months

Was that in writing?
cmdr_elito30/11/2019 18:14

Was that in writing?

IF I had this in writing I wouldn't be asking for advice
f3rritt30/11/2019 18:15

IF I had this in writing I wouldn't be asking for advice

Well then it’s irrelevant then as you haven’t signed a contract with that included. You’ve bought/leased a vehicle and they will supply it.
cmdr_elito30/11/2019 18:18

Well then it’s irrelevant then as you haven’t signed a contract with that i …Well then it’s irrelevant then as you haven’t signed a contract with that included. You’ve bought/leased a vehicle and they will supply it.

Well I've finally spoke to the person I did the deal with and there's a good chance the registration will be delayed until March 1st. So hopefully this will happen. If not then like you mentioned I'm stuck.
f3rritt02/12/2019 14:04

Well I've finally spoke to the person I did the deal with and there's a …Well I've finally spoke to the person I did the deal with and there's a good chance the registration will be delayed until March 1st. So hopefully this will happen. If not then like you mentioned I'm stuck.

Hopefully it goes well and you get it reg on 1st March but next time make sure you get it on the paperwork if it’s important to you.
39235149-Hbht4.jpg
39235149-4IuVG.jpg
Advice: Don't bother with the TV Series.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants