Vape with no flavor.

Found 5th May
good day folks. I've recently given up smoking. was using the cheap disposable pens then upgraded to the smok alien 220 w.
in the last few weeks I've tried about 20 different flavors and all of them taste meh. I've put in brand new Q2 coils, even had the X4 coils too. all are primed and fresh and still i get no flavor? I got vaper's tongue once before so I'm 99.9% sure it's not that either. its getting so frustrating now, I don't want to go back to cigarettes. has anyone had this? I'd honestly appreciate any help advice, or links to any devices that packs a flavor punch lol.
Community Updates
AskVape
39 Comments
I always find when I get a new flavour I can taste it well but then when I’m used to it the flavour goes. I only vape so I don’t smoke I’m not into having 30 different flavours like some of my mates. I just use creme egg from rejuiced and it does me fine. Doesn’t have a massive flavour any more but has a little there and tastes better than smoke.
marshy519 m ago

I always find when I get a new flavour I can taste it well but then when …I always find when I get a new flavour I can taste it well but then when I’m used to it the flavour goes. I only vape so I don’t smoke I’m not into having 30 different flavours like some of my mates. I just use creme egg from rejuiced and it does me fine. Doesn’t have a massive flavour any more but has a little there and tastes better than smoke.

Yeah that's my end goal to find a few flavors that I can stick to. I'm only trying new flavors in 10ml bottles so I don't waste much. But even at that I'm finding it hard to finish a 10 ml bottle lol. Only ones that give me flavors is the ones I don't like, cake type juices, but I find them sicky.
They all smell great to me in the bottle, but when vaped, it's like " where did the flavor go"
get a few flavours you like and change it every few top ups of your tank. otherwise you get used to the flavour and it isn't the same. I get a few different concentrates and make up a batch of about 4 flavours that last about 2 months. have you tried menthol fruity flavours? It's the only ones I use now. buy concentrates from vampire vapes. Heisenberg, bloodsucka are my go to flavours for the past 2 years not got bored of them.
discozohan8 m ago

get a few flavours you like and change it every few top ups of your tank. …get a few flavours you like and change it every few top ups of your tank. otherwise you get used to the flavour and it isn't the same. I get a few different concentrates and make up a batch of about 4 flavours that last about 2 months. have you tried menthol fruity flavours? It's the only ones I use now. buy concentrates from vampire vapes. Heisenberg, bloodsucka are my go to flavours for the past 2 years not got bored of them.

Cheers for the advice mate, I've heard great things about this Heisenberg. I'll pick it up today when I'm out. that's 3 flavors in 3 days I've tried and still nothing. Literally just sterilized my tank primed a new coil. Thought I'd try a strong lemon flavor and still nothing. I'm beginning to think my mod/tank is kaput or its me my mate had a strawberry menthol in his vape pen and the flavor stuck out, was great.
Is the smok alien 220 more for vapor/cloud production than flavor? I know the more VG the less taste it has. Should i try something that uses wattage so it doesn't fry the juice and impact the flavor? I'm currently using juices that are 70/30, 80/20.
I gave up smoking over 2 years ago after years on 30 a day . I didn't want to make huge clouds just have a substitute for a cig . I use an Aspire Nautilus on minimum air setting with the MOD set at 9 -10 watts . I use either LiQUId British Tobacco 18mg or Poundland Virginia tobacco -both £1 a bottle . I add a couple of drops of a sweet liquid (caramel) to each fill as those liquids are a bit "rough" and the sweet liquid added just takes the edge off them nicely and gives off a nice smell . I get through a coil every 5 - 6 weeks and can still taste my vape.

As previously said maybe you have a too powerful set up which blanks the flavour . I can't see the point in being surrounded by a huge cloud of antisocial vapour and those who do look and are regarded as " antisocial posey plonkers" round our way .

Sometimes a "little is better" and has helped me be fag free for over 2 years . Down our pub normal vapers (such as myself )are allowed to vape inside while the "posey plonkers " are banished to the outside smoking area with their ridiculous clouds - and generally viewed with disdain by smokers and non smokers alike
Yeah clouds have never been my thing, I just chose it over the cheap pens. Must of lost and broke around 5 of them. It's definitely flavor for me that I'm looking for. The only good thing is its kept me of the ciggies.
Mines is currently at 60/65 watts, I don't know everything about these tank/mod things, but it feels overkill for myself.
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 5th May
STRICKIBHOY11 m ago

Yeah clouds have never been my thing, I just chose it over the cheap pens. …Yeah clouds have never been my thing, I just chose it over the cheap pens. Must of lost and broke around 5 of them. It's definitely flavor for me that I'm looking for. The only good thing is its kept me of the ciggies.Mines is currently at 60/65 watts, I don't know everything about these tank/mod things, but it feels overkill for myself.

Depends on your tank I suppose but 9-10 Watt plenty for mine for a cigarette size (and taste ) puff, and that's from an ex 30 a day man . Not up with the current equipment but you certainly don't need enough watts to light a small village
STRICKIBHOY3 h, 43 m ago

Cheers for the advice mate, I've heard great things about this Heisenberg. …Cheers for the advice mate, I've heard great things about this Heisenberg. I'll pick it up today when I'm out. that's 3 flavors in 3 days I've tried and still nothing. Literally just sterilized my tank primed a new coil. Thought I'd try a strong lemon flavor and still nothing. I'm beginning to think my mod/tank is kaput or its me my mate had a strawberry menthol in his vape pen and the flavor stuck out, was great.

I got my smok on 100 watts (coil rated 90-130) soft settings on the mod. make sure when you use a new flavour let it soak into the coil for a good while...at least 10 minutes I prefer. hope you find one that your looking for
discozohan26 m ago

I got my smok on 100 watts (coil rated 90-130) soft settings on the mod. …I got my smok on 100 watts (coil rated 90-130) soft settings on the mod. make sure when you use a new flavour let it soak into the coil for a good while...at least 10 minutes I prefer. hope you find one that your looking for

Yeah I'm just going with the settings my coil says it should. I bought that Heisenberg, hopefully its the right one lol. The guy tried to sell me another tank, I've no heard anything bad about the tfv8 baby beast that I'm using just now. I'm looking at the jac vapour series pen thingy. Good reviews and it's more discreet than this tank engine I'm using just now
Always suggest trying to find a 'try before you buy' vape shop. They can help in so many ways letting you try flavors before you purchase, they can also help with what settings your coil should be. I've got a smok alien and use the Q4 Coils, my flavours are Cutwood - Tobacco Trail 6mg - Big Juice - Virginia 6mg & Just Jam 'Raspberry Doughnut' my coil setting vary between 40 - 60 watt and find that my coils last a few weeks.
goldkipper24 m ago

Always suggest trying to find a 'try before you buy' vape shop. They can …Always suggest trying to find a 'try before you buy' vape shop. They can help in so many ways letting you try flavors before you purchase, they can also help with what settings your coil should be. I've got a smok alien and use the Q4 Coils, my flavours are Cutwood - Tobacco Trail 6mg - Big Juice - Virginia 6mg & Just Jam 'Raspberry Doughnut' my coil setting vary between 40 - 60 watt and find that my coils last a few weeks.

How do you find the flavors with your setup? I find they are muted, or underwhelming. I'm honestly thinking its me now lol. Might give it a rest for a few days see if my taste comes back. It may be the dreaded vapors tongue, it's been too many different flavors for a few days now that I'm struggling with. I had that vapors tongue and that was disgusting, but this is just a lack of flavor.
STRICKIBHOY43 m ago

Yeah I'm just going with the settings my coil says it should. I bought …Yeah I'm just going with the settings my coil says it should. I bought that Heisenberg, hopefully its the right one lol. The guy tried to sell me another tank, I've no heard anything bad about the tfv8 baby beast that I'm using just now. I'm looking at the jac vapour series pen thingy. Good reviews and it's more discreet than this tank engine I'm using just now

I'm using the tfv12 ....very similar tank. it's a good one don't waste money on anything else unless you really want to try it
STRICKIBHOY23 m ago

How do you find the flavors with your setup? I find they are muted, or …How do you find the flavors with your setup? I find they are muted, or underwhelming. I'm honestly thinking its me now lol. Might give it a rest for a few days see if my taste comes back. It may be the dreaded vapors tongue, it's been too many different flavors for a few days now that I'm struggling with. I had that vapors tongue and that was disgusting, but this is just a lack of flavor.

Obviously I don't know the area you are in, but if possible try to find a vape shop that let you try flavors. I'm using the baby beast tank and at those settings I mentioned 40 - 60 watt.The settings that you are using seem to be way too high, the settings on the coils are only recommendations and not hard and fast rules if it's just taste your looking for? It could also be all the different flavors you are trying that's messing you up, obviously the cheaper the juice is not always the best, just something to keep in mind.
Edited by: "goldkipper" 5th May
Vape it at around 45-50w.
Try the Nasty juice range they have low menthol and a good amount of flavour.
different coils have different wattage rating. no point in saying vape at 15 watts or 40 watts if his coil is rated 60-90watts. stick to the rating on the coil that's what they're there for. I vape 40 watts in my kangertech tank and around 100 on my smok tank. anything different then burnt taste or it's not heating the juice up and you get spitting
I'll defo try before I buy in future, to be fair they all smell great at the time. Honestly guys i really appreciate all the help and advice. Just let the wife try it, she can taste every flavor lol. She doesn't smoke tho, so I'm thinking it's gotta be my end lol
Will say no more - but those who are looking for a cigarette substitute - I am the living proof - certainly don't need more than 10 watts . Anything more than that ,sadly you are being conned or just or maybe you just think the bigger the better .

There is a clearly a difference here - those who vape (like myself) to give up cigarettes - and those who think its clever to create unfeasibily large antisocial clouds to "impress their mates "

If your only wish is a cigarette replacement I respectfully suggest that you ignore any recommendations from the 50watt + brigade .

If you want to be a social outcast and produce large clouds with little taste then follow the advice of the misguided on this post - Your choice - but I know what works for me .
1. Wattage can have an impact on flavour and taste the higher the worse it is
2. Are you leaving your juices for couple of weeks before you vale tgem?
3. What's your juice ratio more pg or VG? That affects flavour
4. Change your tank to dual coil with shot mouthpiece
rogparki1 h, 42 m ago

Will say no more - but those who are looking for a cigarette substitute - …Will say no more - but those who are looking for a cigarette substitute - I am the living proof - certainly don't need more than 10 watts . Anything more than that ,sadly you are being conned or just or maybe you just think the bigger the better .There is a clearly a difference here - those who vape (like myself) to give up cigarettes - and those who think its clever to create unfeasibily large antisocial clouds to "impress their mates " If your only wish is a cigarette replacement I respectfully suggest that you ignore any recommendations from the 50watt + brigade .If you want to be a social outcast and produce large clouds with little taste then follow the advice of the misguided on this post - Your choice - but I know what works for me .

I agree with you, what I did like about the tank from the smoke side of things was the fact it was producing smoke and giving me the illusion of a cigarette. The cheap pens were giving out next to no smoke and puffing hard to get anything. The tank did its job as far as helping me quit cigarettes. I'm certainly looking into something smaller or discreet. What I will say positive about tanks is, a large number of people take reactions to PG, so need higher VG which the tanks burn and the pens don't. I'm interested in what's helped yourself, do you have a link for it so I can do my nosey, cheers
mattsk1 h, 26 m ago

1. Wattage can have an impact on flavour and taste the higher the worse it …1. Wattage can have an impact on flavour and taste the higher the worse it is 2. Are you leaving your juices for couple of weeks before you vale tgem?3. What's your juice ratio more pg or VG? That affects flavour4. Change your tank to dual coil with shot mouthpiece

I'm vaping around 60 watts, because of the coil. I find if I lower it so far it struggles to burn and I get a build up of oil in the drip tip.
I haven't let them steep long to be fair, I assume they must sit for weeks in the shop, surely that would do the same?
The ratio is always around 70/30 or 80/20.
What juice have you been vaping? Have you been letting it steep?

Juice was always what I struggled with most when I vaped. Couple of lines to check if you've not already.

AceofVapez yoda range

AVB

Good ejuice

spectrum vaping (their custard cream taste exactly as it says on the bottle, like custard cream)

If you want something strong, I would suggest this in medium
joosejuice.com/col…uid

Don't let the cheap price put you off, they're a respected vendor and their softmint is strong once steeped.
Edited by: "Wotan" 6th May
STRICKIBHOY8 m ago

I'm vaping around 60 watts, because of the coil. I find if I lower it so …I'm vaping around 60 watts, because of the coil. I find if I lower it so far it struggles to burn and I get a build up of oil in the drip tip.I haven't let them steep long to be fair, I assume they must sit for weeks in the shop, surely that would do the same?The ratio is always around 70/30 or 80/20.

Non necessarily, could be fresh stock. If you buy online it's pretty much always made to order unless it's a big company like t-juice.

Steeping is essential, without it juice won't taste of anything no matter what tank you put it in.
Wotan19 m ago

What juice have you been vaping? Have you been letting it steep?Juice was …What juice have you been vaping? Have you been letting it steep?Juice was always what I struggled with most when I vaped. Couple of lines to check if you've not already.AceofVapez yoda rangeAVBGood ejuicespectrum vaping (their custard cream taste exactly as it says on the bottle, like custard cream)If you want something strong, I would suggest this in mediumhttps://joosejuice.com/collections/mint-menthol-flavoured-e-liquids/products/softmint-e-liquidDon't let the cheap price put you off, they're a respected vendor and their softmint is strong once steeped.

Thanks for that, was looking for something like that the other night and couldn't find it. Even the dearest juices in 10 ml's aren't gonna break the bank so the cost doesn't bother me. I've tried ruthless grape soda, and pound liquids, Ironically it was a cheaper juice that gave some decent flavor, I just didn't like it lol
As I've built up a somewhat ragtag collection now of half finished little bottles I'll let them steep and go back to them at a later date.
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 6th May
STRICKIBHOY19 m ago

Thanks for that, was looking for something like that the other night and …Thanks for that, was looking for something like that the other night and couldn't find it. Even the dearest juices in 10 ml's aren't gonna break the bank so the cost doesn't bother me. I've tried ruthless grape soda, and pound liquids, Ironically it was a cheaper juice that gave some decent flavor, I just didn't like it lolAs I've built up a somewhat ragtag collection now of half finished little bottles I'll let them steep and go back to them at a later date.

You can speed up steeping with heat. In the summer stick them on the window that gets the most sun. In the winter put them on a radiator. It can degrade the nicotine but I’m not talking about leaving them for ages. Just to kickstart the steeping process. Can also stick the bottle in a jug of hot water etc. Some even throw them in the washing machine or use an ultrasonic cleaner.

I always used the the soft mint in the link when my taste buds were wonky or juice wasn’t tasting of anything. Make sure you get medium or strong (I found the strong TOO strong but know some who loved it because of that) if you decide to give it a go.

If tou you fancy a blue slush type for summer AVB Smurf’s blood (I believe he’s changed it to ‘Murfs blood now) was THE best I found in 6 years of vaping.

The Ace of vapez stuff is like sweets from when you were a kid. Yoda babies is like jelly babies. Etc etc

Wattage won’t have much effect on the flavour either. Okay if you’re running 60w through a nautilus you’re going to burn the crap out of the coil but assuming you got the kit then the tank can take A LOT of power.

As long as the coil is wicking properly then it’s fine. And you’d know if it wasn’t. A dry hit at 10w is bad enough. At 50+ you’d need a day to recover.
@ wotan, I've picked up the Heisenberg that was recommended by disco. I'll order the mint and I do like the sound of the slush one too.
Yeah the coil/wick is being well primed, I usually leave it for a couple of hours before I vape it, to let the batteries charge. I really am starting too think its me, it's gotten me paranoid now but I've always drank water when vaping if I can, or try and stimulate my taste buds before I do.

If I haven't already, I wanna say thanks to everyone for taking the time to post/help/advice, it's all tremendously appreciated. Thankyou
STRICKIBHOY36 m ago

@ wotan, I've picked up the Heisenberg that was recommended by disco. I'll …@ wotan, I've picked up the Heisenberg that was recommended by disco. I'll order the mint and I do like the sound of the slush one too. Yeah the coil/wick is being well primed, I usually leave it for a couple of hours before I vape it, to let the batteries charge. I really am starting too think its me, it's gotten me paranoid now but I've always drank water when vaping if I can, or try and stimulate my taste buds before I do.If I haven't already, I wanna say thanks to everyone for taking the time to post/help/advice, it's all tremendously appreciated. Thankyou

I always struggled with juice. For the whole 6 years I vaped. Either juice not tastsing as it was supposed to, too harsh, described as raspberry taste like sawdust. Heisenberg taste like germoline to me. Plus every company has a version of Heisenberg now. The original is from vampire vape. Anything else is a clone of that. Not sure if you know that.

The AVB I can honestly say all his flavours tasted as described. And if you like custard types I genuinely can’t recommend spectrums custard cream enough.

At the the end of the 6 years I had tried hundreds of not thousands of liquids and had about 5/6 I actually liked.

Something totally different too is T-Max snake oil. That was totally different to any juice I’d ever had. I can’t even explain it. It was like a cool citrus slush, left a cool sensation in your mouth but it’s VERY thick so best suited to drippers. That said the beast should handle it. I think he does samples if you email.
Wotan26 m ago

I always struggled with juice. For the whole 6 years I vaped. Either juice …I always struggled with juice. For the whole 6 years I vaped. Either juice not tastsing as it was supposed to, too harsh, described as raspberry taste like sawdust. Heisenberg taste like germoline to me. Plus every company has a version of Heisenberg now. The original is from vampire vape. Anything else is a clone of that. Not sure if you know that. The AVB I can honestly say all his flavours tasted as described. And if you like custard types I genuinely can’t recommend spectrums custard cream enough. At the the end of the 6 years I had tried hundreds of not thousands of liquids and had about 5/6 I actually liked. Something totally different too is T-Max snake oil. That was totally different to any juice I’d ever had. I can’t even explain it. It was like a cool citrus slush, left a cool sensation in your mouth but it’s VERY thick so best suited to drippers. That said the beast should handle it. I think he does samples if you email.

Honestly did not know that about the Vampire vape, I've bought an imitation. I'll buy that tomorrow. I can eat a custard cream by the packet lol. I'm no a fan of vanilla or cake like liquids tho. If it's nothing like that then I'll order a 10 ml bottle. I'm gonna google AVB just now, cheers so much

If it's worth mentioning, I've went through plenty of liquids, you should see my cupboard lol but they've all been from vaporized shops, went in on Thursday to buy 2 juices, walked out with 5 for some reason. I'll defo get the mint, Vampire vape, and that custard cream if it doesn't taste like vanilla lol
Just give up vaping and smoking. There’s no need to do either.
rogparki9 h, 22 m ago

Will say no more - but those who are looking for a cigarette substitute - …Will say no more - but those who are looking for a cigarette substitute - I am the living proof - certainly don't need more than 10 watts . Anything more than that ,sadly you are being conned or just or maybe you just think the bigger the better .There is a clearly a difference here - those who vape (like myself) to give up cigarettes - and those who think its clever to create unfeasibily large antisocial clouds to "impress their mates " If your only wish is a cigarette replacement I respectfully suggest that you ignore any recommendations from the 50watt + brigade .If you want to be a social outcast and produce large clouds with little taste then follow the advice of the misguided on this post - Your choice - but I know what works for me .

Great bait
tondek013 h, 4 m ago

Just give up vaping and smoking. There’s no need to do either.

I wish I had that will power lol. The end goal is to lower my nicotine gradually to 0, then quit, hopefully lol
Anyone got any advice on which vape 'machine' I should go for? You got the cheap pens to super expensive things that look like a tank

Want to buy one which ain't carp but not expensive.

Thanks
EN1GMA6th May

Anyone got any advice on which vape 'machine' I should go for? You got the …Anyone got any advice on which vape 'machine' I should go for? You got the cheap pens to super expensive things that look like a tank Want to buy one which ain't carp but not expensive.Thanks

jacvapour.com/s17…kit
Heard they are good and watched video reviews on YouTube, good reviews too. Also the jacvapor s22 looks good
STRICKIBHOY9 h, 12 m ago

Honestly did not know that about the Vampire vape, I've bought an …Honestly did not know that about the Vampire vape, I've bought an imitation. I'll buy that tomorrow. I can eat a custard cream by the packet lol. I'm no a fan of vanilla or cake like liquids tho. If it's nothing like that then I'll order a 10 ml bottle. I'm gonna google AVB just now, cheers so much If it's worth mentioning, I've went through plenty of liquids, you should see my cupboard lol but they've all been from vaporized shops, went in on Thursday to buy 2 juices, walked out with 5 for some reason. I'll defo get the mint, Vampire vape, and that custard cream if it doesn't taste like vanilla lol

Everyones taste buds are different but to me it just tastes exactly like custard cream biscuits. Not a fan of vanilla liquids either.
EN1GMA1 h, 17 m ago

Anyone got any advice on which vape 'machine' I should go for? You got the …Anyone got any advice on which vape 'machine' I should go for? You got the cheap pens to super expensive things that look like a tank Want to buy one which ain't carp but not expensive.Thanks

Aspire Pockex Starter Kit, Pocket AIO All in One (Stainless Steel) amazon.co.uk/dp/…WJG
EN1GMA1 h, 34 m ago

Here's another, this one my mate has that started me wondering about the stupid thing I'm using lol. His gave great flavor, mines didn't 😄
Ps he never smoked a cigarette or vaped and bought it. He loves it, it was a great little mod
m.gearbest.com/mod…752
Wotan20 m ago

Everyones taste buds are different but to me it just tastes exactly like …Everyones taste buds are different but to me it just tastes exactly like custard cream biscuits. Not a fan of vanilla liquids either.

I'm sold lol. Got the sample pack from AVB, looking forward to the smurfs blood, sound yummy
STRICKIBHOY41 m ago

Here's another, this one my mate has that started me wondering about the …Here's another, this one my mate has that started me wondering about the stupid thing I'm using lol. His gave great flavor, mines didn't 😄Ps he never smoked a cigarette or vaped and bought it. He loves it, it was a great little modhttps://m.gearbest.com/mod-kits/pp_458886.html?wid=21&utm_source=tt_de&aid=171752

I've not smoked for years

But I fancy nicotine and tar free smoking. My mates have one and after a nice meal it's refreshing.

Thanks for the links
EN1GMA6 m ago

I've not smoked for years But I fancy nicotine and tar …I've not smoked for years But I fancy nicotine and tar free smoking. My mates have one and after a nice meal it's refreshing.Thanks for the links

So happy to help
Just remember batteries don't come with these mods. Aren't expensive, but there are fakes out there unfortunately. Same with everything else, just trust who you buy it from lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants