Vapes/E Cigs help

Found 3rd Jan
Hi, I am looking to stop smoking. I have managed to quit in the past but it never lasts and I currently smoke around 10 a day.

I’ve tried the likes of gum and inhalators but I don’t like the burn, so I’m looking for advice on the best vapes etc out there.

I’ve been researching it but it’s so confusing, I didn’t realise there was so much out there. A box, mod, pen, mouth to lung, what does that all even mean? lol. Also do you have to buy certain liquids etc for specific brands or are they universal?

Sorry to sound so dumb I just don’t know where to start and I don’t want to go to one of those stands in the shopping centres and be ripped off or given bad advice.
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
I did the same and bought a vape pen thingy. Seemed to help. I found it more addictive, no sure if it was down to the flavour or maybe wasn't setting enough in the nicotine? So I'd suggest just getting a cheap vape and see how you get on? I'm gonna try one of these tank things next, the pens don't give the feeling of having just smoked a cigarette. You can pick these pens up for around a tenner the oils only a couple a quid, you shouldn't get ripped off.
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 3rd Jan
STRICKIBHOY12 m ago

I did the same and bought a vape pen thingy. Seemed to help. I found it …I did the same and bought a vape pen thingy. Seemed to help. I found it more addictive, no sure if it was down to the flavour or maybe wasn't setting enough in the nicotine? So I'd suggest just getting a cheap vape and see how you get on? I'm gonna try one of these tank things next, the pens don't give the feeling of having just smoked a cigarette. You can pick these pens up for around a tenner the oils only a couple a quid, you shouldn't get ripped off.

Thanks for your reply. What tank thing are you looking at? I guess I need to feel like I’ve had a cigarette so the pen thing you suggest may not work? Suppose it’s worth trying though as a starting point as they’re much cheaper. I’m a silly smoker really, I can go out all day and not smoke, I don’t smoke in public (I used to) but as soon as I’m back at home I am straight outside for a cigarette so I would say it’s probably more of a habit I need to break than a strong addiction. Cold turkey worked for me once but it didn’t the last time I tried and failed.
start with a pen type. see how you get on. dont buy stuff that provides cartridges with juice get something you can refill your self (more juice choices and PG/VG ratios)
I suggest you go to any decen vape shop they will explain everything for you.
aim for something in range of 30-40quid
juice wise get something 60/40 VG/PG or 70/30 VG/PG (more VG = more smoke less throat hit/bite but makes liquid thicker and not suitable for some pen type kits)

check this stuff from smok, kanger, aspire or innokin
try this ukecigstore.com/smo…o-1
or this
ukecigstore.com/smo…ct1

just to give you an idea
Edited by: "mattsk" 3rd Jan
It's a piece of kit called SMOK by alien? It's a tank supposed to be great for the cash, but wouldn't surprise me if there's better out there. I wasn't a big smoker too, i smoke at work but not in the house, the wife has me trained lol. Plus with the tank there's extras and other parts that need replacing over time too. Personally im reluctant just now to get it, cos the pens doing its job just now
mattsk33 m ago

start with a pen type. see how you get on. dont buy stuff that provides …start with a pen type. see how you get on. dont buy stuff that provides cartridges with juice get something you can refill your self (more juice choices and PG/VG ratios)I suggest you go to any decen vape shop they will explain everything for you.aim for something in range of 30-40quidjuice wise get something 60/40 VG/PG or 70/30 VG/PG (more VG = more smoke less throat hit/bite but makes liquid thicker and not suitable for some pen type kits)check this stuff from smok, kanger, aspire or innokintry this https://www.ukecigstore.com/smok-priv-v8-vape-kit.html?___store=default&nosto=nosto-page-category1-fallback-nosto-1or thishttps://www.ukecigstore.com/smok-stick-one-basic-kit.html?___store=default&nosto=nosto-page-product1just to give you an idea

Thanks so much for your advice and the links. I’ll start of with a pen then and see how I get on. I know someone who got some kind of vape thing a couple of year ago and it caused a small fire when charging and he ended up getting compensation to cover the costs of the damage. That’s what has put me off until now. It was probably largely down to his carelessness though.
STRICKIBHOY35 m ago

It's a piece of kit called SMOK by alien? It's a tank supposed to be great …It's a piece of kit called SMOK by alien? It's a tank supposed to be great for the cash, but wouldn't surprise me if there's better out there. I wasn't a big smoker too, i smoke at work but not in the house, the wife has me trained lol. Plus with the tank there's extras and other parts that need replacing over time too. Personally im reluctant just now to get it, cos the pens doing its job just now

Thanks again. I actually came across that name when I googled. My husband doesn’t smoke and would love for me to stop too. I’ve had a massive kick up the backside because my mum has asthma and has been in an out of hospital for weeks with breathing difficulties and pneumonia and here I am by choice wrecking my lungs. I know the damage is already done but enough is enough. All the best.
My tank of choice is the Aspire Nautilus or Nautilus mini . The adjustable collar on these allow you to regulate the amount of air you get on the draw so it feels like smoking a cigarette ,not just sucking through an open tube as many do . About £20 on Amazon . Don't be tempted to buy one off EBay unless the box has the scratch off verification code on it - Kissvape and Sphinx on EBay do sell Genuine Aspire tanks and coils . A 20 Watt 2500 mah Box mod (battery) will be sufficient and the screw connector is common to most batteries and tanks .

You may see stupidly large batteries advertised (the power would run a small village !) not necessary as I presume you do not intend to join the ranks of the idiots who think its clever to produce ridiculously large clouds . Equally you do not need the stupidly named and expensive liquids (Demon juice , devils brew and other such juvenile names ) . I find the Poundland ones (888 Vape) and LiQuid are perfectly adequate and are £1 a bottle . I still use the 18mg nicotine content ,tobacco flavour after 3 years without a cigarette (previously a 30 a day man for may years ).

Be prepared to experiment ,I spent over £100 on various tanks and batteries before I found the right one , but that was less than a weeks worth of cigs ,so didn't really cost me anything .

Now its £2 or £3 a month on liquid and maybe a couple of coils at £1 apiece . £5 a month total spend tops .

And we can still vape reasonably inside our Local Pub - Self policing we banish the Teeny Idiots outside where they can do their impression of the Flying Scotsman without bringing us reasonable vapers into disrepute .
Edited by: "rogparki" 3rd Jan
Have a look at the igo D22 or new model CuAIO. Plenty of reviews on youtube

It's an 'all in one' no changing tanks so is a really great for begginers. Both under £16 on AliExpress or about £25-£30 from UK.
MiniMissyMoo1 h, 29 m ago

Thanks so much for your advice and the links. I’ll start of with a pen t …Thanks so much for your advice and the links. I’ll start of with a pen then and see how I get on. I know someone who got some kind of vape thing a couple of year ago and it caused a small fire when charging and he ended up getting compensation to cover the costs of the damage. That’s what has put me off until now. It was probably largely down to his carelessness though.

no problem. I would say just dont go in the beginning with proper tanks where you have to build stuff. its too complex for the beginner
best way is to go to the vape shop and try some stuff out
just remember pen will produce less smoke compared to mod (the big stuff)
i found that the pens weren't strong enough and didn't give me the satisfaction like smoking does so have a look at the tecc arc it's pretty good for a starter kit and not expensive, also I use the menthol liquids as it's the closest thing to giving you that hit at the back of your throat you get from cigs. The Poundland ones are just as good as any although I mainly order from onepoundeliquid but agree with comments above don't waste money on expensive ones as there really isn't much difference
rogparki6 h, 9 m ago

My tank of choice is the Aspire Nautilus or Nautilus mini . The adjustable …My tank of choice is the Aspire Nautilus or Nautilus mini . The adjustable collar on these allow you to regulate the amount of air you get on the draw so it feels like smoking a cigarette ,not just sucking through an open tube as many do . About £20 on Amazon . Don't be tempted to buy one off EBay unless the box has the scratch off verification code on it - Kissvape and Sphinx on EBay do sell Genuine Aspire tanks and coils . A 20 Watt 2500 mah Box mod (battery) will be sufficient and the screw connector is common to most batteries and tanks .You may see stupidly large batteries advertised (the power would run a small village !) not necessary as I presume you do not intend to join the ranks of the idiots who think its clever to produce ridiculously large clouds . Equally you do not need the stupidly named and expensive liquids (Demon juice , devils brew and other such juvenile names ) . I find the Poundland ones (888 Vape) and LiQuid are perfectly adequate and are £1 a bottle . I still use the 18mg nicotine content ,tobacco flavour after 3 years without a cigarette (previously a 30 a day man for may years ).Be prepared to experiment ,I spent over £100 on various tanks and batteries before I found the right one , but that was less than a weeks worth of cigs ,so didn't really cost me anything .Now its £2 or £3 a month on liquid and maybe a couple of coils at £1 apiece . £5 a month total spend tops .And we can still vape reasonably inside our Local Pub - Self policing we banish the Teeny Idiots outside where they can do their impression of the Flying Scotsman without bringing us reasonable vapers into disrepute .

Thank you rogparki. I can’t even blow a smoke ring with a regular cigarette so can’t see myself creating spectacular vape clouds lol
Thank you all for your advice and suggestions. You have all been really helpful and I appreciate it. I’ll look at all of the ones you have mentioned and go from there. Until today I didn’t realise there was so much choice
hotukdeals.com/dea…709 for £1.99 on the deal of the day (today) that's got to be worth trying I'm going to give it a listen myself as a vaper
xmikebx1 h, 20 m ago

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/easy-way-to-stop-smoking-allen-carr-199-audible-uk-2870709 for £1.99 on the deal of the day (today) that's got to be worth trying I'm going to give it a listen myself as a vaper

Ooh, thanks for that
discozohan17 m ago

vampirevape.co.uk/e-cig-kits/intermediate-vapers/innokin-kroma-slipstream-kit.htmlDecent kit for a beginner. enough power to feel like you're smoking, easy to maintain

Cheers for the link
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants