Vaping

Found 29th Aug 2017
hi. I'm looking to buy a vaping set up.
my question is... if I currently smoke roll ups with a filter, usually gold leaf, what strength of e liquid is roughly equivalent?
thanks in advance

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments

davewave11 m ago

why bother vaping unregulated chemicals which may or may not contain more …why bother vaping unregulated chemicals which may or may not contain more hazardous ingredients than cigarettes?

why bother posting irrelavent dribble, nothing to do with the question?
12 Comments

Start off with the max available (I believe its gone down to 21 mgs now) then you can gradually reduce it as you progress . Start off with the highest strength tobacco flavour liquid you can get , you can play about with fruit flavours etc after a few months .

Be prepared to try different clearomisers to get the right draw resistance (I tried about 6 before finding one I liked - Aspire mini Nautilus ) . Got me off smoking in about 2 weeks , over 2 years ago - although I still vape .

why bother vaping unregulated chemicals which may or may not contain more hazardous ingredients than cigarettes?

davewave8 m ago

why bother vaping unregulated chemicals which may or may not contain more …why bother vaping unregulated chemicals which may or may not contain more hazardous ingredients than cigarettes?

Because it looks really cool bro

davewave10 m ago

Exactly, you said it "may or may not"...... op is currently smoking where he knows it contains hazardous ingredients and wants to try vaping in the view of it being less hazardous maybe..... and lets not forget nicotine is addictive.

davewave11 m ago

why bother posting irrelavent dribble, nothing to do with the question?

I smoked around 20 cigarettes per day before vaping, I have the Smok Alien and started with 18 mg vape juice, then i dropped down every few months, now I'm on 3mg.

I've saved a fortune and don't miss the cigarettes at all, recently i ran out of juice and smoked some of the wife's cigarettes, didn't enjoy it at all.

If you're going to vape, get a decent kit from the start, you'll pay around £50 but them silly little pens the local shops all sell are crap, so don't even bother.

Good luck, try multiple flavours until you find the one you like, I started with a nicotine flavour before trying others, now i only use Blue Crystal but you'll find your own preference.

steve.t41 m ago

Exactly, you said it "may or may not"...... op is currently smoking where …Exactly, you said it "may or may not"...... op is currently smoking where he knows it contains hazardous ingredients and wants to try vaping in the view of it being less hazardous maybe..... and lets not forget nicotine is addictive.

not to mention the huge cost savings

Park drive and Golden virginia 30 a day smoker for 40 years............ was
If you want to go down that route unclejim..... persevere.
As said above don't get the cheapy ones. You will get frustrated with them and go back to tobacco.

For a while you will still have a few Gold leaf but I'm sure you will get to the stage when you won't want to..... and they taste horrible.
Expect certain things to happen if you succeed:
You become wealthier
You don't stink of tobacco
No more smelly ashtrays about.
The paintwork in the house stays white.
Good Luck.
Edited by: "steve.t" 29th Aug 2017

Original Poster

PKRichie59 m ago

I smoked around 20 cigarettes per day before vaping, I have the Smok Alien …I smoked around 20 cigarettes per day before vaping, I have the Smok Alien and started with 18 mg vape juice, then i dropped down every few months, now I'm on 3mg.I've saved a fortune and don't miss the cigarettes at all, recently i ran out of juice and smoked some of the wife's cigarettes, didn't enjoy it at all.If you're going to vape, get a decent kit from the start, you'll pay around £50 but them silly little pens the local shops all sell are crap, so don't even bother.Good luck, try multiple flavours until you find the one you like, I started with a nicotine flavour before trying others, now i only use Blue Crystal but you'll find your own preference.

Thanks for all the advice, however I don't want to carry one of those massive tanks so I have been looking at what I think you call pens for around £25.

Original Poster

rogparki1 h, 17 m ago

Start off with the max available (I believe its gone down to 21 mgs now) …Start off with the max available (I believe its gone down to 21 mgs now) then you can gradually reduce it as you progress . Start off with the highest strength tobacco flavour liquid you can get , you can play about with fruit flavours etc after a few months .Be prepared to try different clearomisers to get the right draw resistance (I tried about 6 before finding one I liked - Aspire mini Nautilus ) . Got me off smoking in about 2 weeks , over 2 years ago - although I still vape .

Thanks. That's exactly the advice I needed.

unclejim271 h, 17 m ago

Thanks for all the advice, however I don't want to carry one of those …Thanks for all the advice, however I don't want to carry one of those massive tanks so I have been looking at what I think you call pens for around £25.

The clearomiser (tank + coil) is about half an inch in diameter and 2 inches long (that's the nautilus mini I use) it can be fitted to any battery via the "501" screw thread which is more or less universal for all vaping stuff .

The battery (MOD) can be smaller that a match box and a 2000 mah one is plenty for over a days vaping (I have 2 batteries and charge overnight) . you can also get tubular batteries also as small as a "vape pen .

I don't want to make huge anti social clouds and look like a plonker as many youngsters do so a max voltage of 10-15 is plenty for me.

I probably spent nearly £100 in the first month buying various fluids and clearomisers to get the right taste and draw -not a lot considering I was spending that a week on cigs (and had been for the last 30 years ! ). Now coils and liquid cost me the princely sum of about £4 per month and have done for the last 2 years - you can do a lot with the £350 a month saved !

I know many folks who have tried vaping and gone back to cigs as they didn't like the first clearomiser/ liquid they tried , Worth experimenting IMO - its certainly worth it in health and financial terms .

pens are a good start and they feel more like you're smoking a cigarette but you'll want to buy a proper one after a few months
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants