Var

Found 15th Jul
I got grief on here when I challenged VAR. The France penalty has proved my point.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Ref didn't see it in the first place, then had to watch the replay many times. Decision should have been a corner.
25 Comments
VAR was used correctly it was the idiot of a ref who somehow thought that was deliberate.
Such a bad decision...where should perisic move his arm/hand ? The ball came from behind the France players head how can any react to it??
Ref didn't see it in the first place, then had to watch the replay many times. Decision should have been a corner.
Yeh embarrassing, and the goal from the free kick was a dive! Why didn't they use VAR for that?

France don't deserve this at all, I really hope they lose.
andy18618617 m ago

VAR was used correctly it was the idiot of a ref who somehow thought that …VAR was used correctly it was the idiot of a ref who somehow thought that was deliberate.

If the ref missed it in the first place and VAR then told him to look at it again isn't it more or less saying the people who operate VAR thought it was a penalty? either way France have been gifted two undeserved goals..
andy18618619 m ago

VAR was used correctly it was the idiot of a ref who somehow thought that …VAR was used correctly it was the idiot of a ref who somehow thought that was deliberate.

As far as I understand the ref didn't see the incident. It then goes to the VAR refs who decide whether the ref should have another look. The VAR refs in their wisdom decided he should. Which was wrong. The ref had an extra look and he came up with a wrong decision.
Edited by: "RedLozzer" 15th Jul
Two very bad decisions against Croatia has ruined such a great World Cup Whatever the final result there will be only one winner to me!
RedLozzer23 m ago

As far as I understand the ref didn't see the incident. It then goes to …As far as I understand the ref didn't see the incident. It then goes to the VAR refs who decide whether the ref should have another look. The VAR refs in their wisdom decided he should. Which was wrong. The ref had an extra look and he came up with a wrong decision.

So the ref was wrong not VAR. It was right for the VAR refs to let the ref have another look. Just unfortunate for Croatia the ref is a tard.
malnuman25 m ago

If the ref missed it in the first place and VAR then told him to look at …If the ref missed it in the first place and VAR then told him to look at it again isn't it more or less saying the people who operate VAR thought it was a penalty? either way France have been gifted two undeserved goals..

No the VAR refs are saying we need to take another look at this. And the ref then made a stupid call saying it was a penalty.
GlentoranMark39 m ago

Ref didn't see it in the first place, then had to watch the replay many …Ref didn't see it in the first place, then had to watch the replay many times. Decision should have been a corner.

Agreed. The fact he had to watch it over and over again shows it wasn’t clear. Terrible call
Well with the VAR penalty call and the dive for the free kick, this world cup final has left a sour taste in my mouth, was looking forward to it as well..
malnuman2 m ago

Well with the VAR penalty call and the dive for the free kick, this world …Well with the VAR penalty call and the dive for the free kick, this world cup final has left a sour taste in my mouth, was looking forward to it as well..

Get over it. It’s all entertainment. There always will be controversy. Been more right decisions than wrong ones with VAR.
Snakeyes6461 h, 12 m ago

Such a bad decision...where should perisic move his arm/hand ? The ball …Such a bad decision...where should perisic move his arm/hand ? The ball came from behind the France players head how can any react to it??

Perišić is a sly dog who has always been fond of cheating and has got away with far more than what he's been pulled for.

His luck ran out today and perhaps it's just karma it happened on the most destiny changing decision of his career.

Just play back the build up to the fourth goal and there he is tugging at the shorts of Bernie Hernández who could have gone down but roasted him instead, absolutely no sympathy from me.

I made many pals in Serbia having spent so much time over there in the late 90's and early 2000's, they'll be having a right party with having seen their man win Wimbledon and then watched their dear neighbours lose the world cup final so I'll raise a drink or four for them tonight.
Edited by: "Chasloyal" 15th Jul
The poor Russian ladies at the back without umbrellas
Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army1 m ago

And those bodyguards haha!! Soaked!
Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army10 m ago

I honestly don't mean this to sound sexist but I thought they should have held the umbrella's lol. It would have stopped all those 6 foot thugs getting in the way
Chris Waddle said on BBC Radio 5 live: "I think it is a penalty. I would have giving it."
splender3 m ago

Chris Waddle said on BBC Radio 5 live: "I think it is a penalty. I would …Chris Waddle said on BBC Radio 5 live: "I think it is a penalty. I would have giving it."

"I would have giving it"?

I think the correct decisions far outnumbered the wrong ones.

It can stay.
deeky11 m ago

I'm not clicking the link in case you've set a trap and it links to a …I'm not clicking the link in case you've set a trap and it links to a 'you're a tw*t' gif

Would I do that to you, deeky, very safe to click on.
The player moved his hand into the way of the ball. To me it was purposefully done. I know nothing about football rules so don't know if it should have been a penalty or not.
I did laugh when the Croatian team scored their 2nd goal though
kingdugg155 m ago

The player moved his hand into the way of the ball. To me it was …The player moved his hand into the way of the ball. To me it was purposefully done. I know nothing about football rules so don't know if it should have been a penalty or not.I did laugh when the Croatian team scored their 2nd goal though

He must have superhuman reflexes then.
Chasloyal14 h, 39 m ago

Perišić is a sly dog who has always been fond of cheating and h … Perišić is a sly dog who has always been fond of cheating and has got away with far more than what he's been pulled for.His luck ran out today and perhaps it's just karma it happened on the most destiny changing decision of his career.Just play back the build up to the fourth goal and there he is tugging at the shorts of Bernie Hernández who could have gone down but roasted him instead, absolutely no sympathy from me.I made many pals in Serbia having spent so much time over there in the late 90's and early 2000's, they'll be having a right party with having seen their man win Wimbledon and then watched their dear neighbours lose the world cup final so I'll raise a drink or four for them tonight.

Always nice to get a balanced view on matters.
If they're going to have VAR, it needs to be used to stop the blatant holding, shirt pulling and all the other "professional" fouling that goes on. A red card or penalty for accidental handball seems idiotic when you can have a player deliberately stud an opponent in front of the referee and nothing happens. Maybe they need to look at the video referee system used in rugby.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants