VAR is working well.

Found 6th Jul
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Sure Brazil should have had a penalty but thankfully they didn't get one because Neymar is a dirty diving liability who seems to be immune from yellow cards for simulation.
15 Comments
deleted396333
Cameras.
Instead of one persons opinion, you now have video replays and multiple opinions. It's never going to get every decision right simply because whether a foul was committed can often be inconclusive.

Unfortunately VAR also makes the ref on the pitch a bit lazy as he will rely on the var team to advise rather than go with his instinct. They will tell the ref to take a look himself when they think he's got it wrong or if they are unsure.

Using the game just now as an example they would have informed the ref it wasn't a penalty (when Kompany tackled Jesus), even though it looked like it was and maybe if he was going by instinct he would have given it.
Edited by: "delusion" 6th Jul
They use the psychic skills of a dead octopus, an albino goat and Uri Geller to determine the outcome.

7895699311530908984.jpg
Here's Uri after bending his mind with 5 grams of Charlie.
It checks when ref is unable to make decision otherwise it’s on standby.
Edited by: "MR1123" 6th Jul
Sure Brazil should have had a penalty but thankfully they didn't get one because Neymar is a dirty diving liability who seems to be immune from yellow cards for simulation.
OK for black and white decisions , especially where the ref is a numpty . But given a decent ref much is a matter of opinion which should be left well alone . Very few natural pauses in football (unlike cricket ,rugby and American football) so leave well alone and choose refs better - there have been clearly poor refs in this World Cup .
Thought Jesus should of had a stonewall penalty tonight an it didn’t even go to VAR so I must of missed summit!
ASongOfFireAndIce6th Jul

Thought Jesus should of had a stonewall penalty tonight an it didn’t even g …Thought Jesus should of had a stonewall penalty tonight an it didn’t even go to VAR so I must of missed summit!

It was a penalty, I reckon the ref lost his rag because of the blatant dive Neymar did right in front of him & assumed it was another dive so didn't go to VAR. KARMA.
How Neymar hasn't been booked I don't know.
VAR = Video always recording

it means each city traders, policeman, prison guard, child carer, school teacher, doctor, nurse, politician, market trader, cleaner, food preparer, school dinner ladies, priest, pop star etc. will be video monitored from all sides at all times. Any abuse, fradulent atc and any lies etc. can be revealed by playing back video files. Any perpetrator would be severely punished a la style : Middle Ages at the Tower of London.

It is expected that the VAR system will prevent another financial meltdown and prevent crime. The annual UK productivitity is expected to be £5 trillion per year as aforementioned people would behave themselves.
Dunno
But it killed the radio star....
They should have stamped down on the diving on the first match and handed out yellow cards.
Then again every single match would be abandoned with a lot of players on every single side falling over with the slightest touch, It's absolutely pathetic.
No need to guess where England's preparation for the World Cup was, Pinewood Studios.
ASongOfFireAndIce6th Jul

Thought Jesus should of had a stonewall penalty tonight an it didn’t even g …Thought Jesus should of had a stonewall penalty tonight an it didn’t even go to VAR so I must of missed summit!

It did go to var hence the ref delaying the goal kick until they had adjudicated it wasn't a penalty. I didnt think it was either as the contact was very slight yet Jesus reacted as though he had been shot and he was never going to get the ball anyway.
Kevin De Bruyne, the best player in the world right now!
delboye304 h, 8 m ago

Kevin De Bruyne, the best player in the world right now!

So humble too. His post match interview delivery was as if he had just lost a loved one..
I really don't have a clue how this works
however DRS in test cricket is far from perfect but a huge huge improvement on how things were before

they don't use it in T20 because it interrupts the 'flow' of the game(I see it is coming in)
Edited by: "Wongy110" 7th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants