VAT Number?

Found 17th Jun
Hi guys, I backed some earphones on indiegogo and now that they are coming to the end of the campaign they are confirming shipping details, they are also asking for me to "Please state your tax number from your respective countries. E.U (VAT number)". But not sure as to what number they need, can anyone help?
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Are you (personally, or is your Company if you are buying the earphones as a business expense) registered for VAT?

If not, then just leave the field blank, or write "not applicable" in the space.
fanpages3 m ago

Are you (personally, or is your Company if you are buying the earphones as …Are you (personally, or is your Company if you are buying the earphones as a business expense) registered for VAT?If not, then just leave the field blank, or write "not applicable" in the space.

Thanks, thought I didn't need one if I was buy as an individual.
owenevans0811 m ago

Thanks, thought I didn't need one if I was buy as an individual.

Even if not purchasing as an individual you may not be registered for VAT but, if you were registered, the reason for the information now would probably be so that the VAT applied to the order would be removed at source & an invoice/charge for the goods excluding the tax would be raised upon despatch.
And, by stating a VAT number, they can automatically put you beyond any Consumer protection. Some sites demand a Business name and by inventing one, they can do the same. As stated above, Not Applicable is the right answer
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants