VAT REDUCTION 2.5% OFF ALL PRODUCTS @ POUNDSTRETCHER INSTORE

Found 25th Nov 2008
Hi all,

This is my first hot deal so please be gentle... have been a regular visitor but never posted!

Poundstretcher and Instore plc are reducing all marked prices by 2.5% off from tommorow ahead of the deadline. It is on every single product in store!

They advertising this in store at present and will be in press.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
18 Comments

meaning a saving of 2.5p

they should call it a 97p store

Is everything normally a pound?

monkeybrains;3565348

meaning a saving of 2.5pthey should call it a 97p store

It's only about 2p off though.

Original Poster

Poundstretcher and Instore do not sell everything for a pound! They are a multi price retailer that focuses on cheap discount products... similar to wilkinsons.

Should have kept all those 1/2p's from years ago. Wonder if they will bring them back! lol

JD

Welcome to hukd, this should be in the misc section rather than the deals section though.

Benjimoron;3565368

It's only about 2p off though.

Yup cut equates to a price drop of 2.13% or on say a laptop of £400 just £8.52 - hardly going to jump start consumer spending? Especially given cost to those on higher income.

Like anyone is going to keep a record of things getting cheaper in there

I like poundstrecher. The one on queens road in sheffield had 24 bog rolls for £3.50 yesterday. But annoyingly, the 110 litre storage boxes I went in for had gone up £2 to £12. Pretty damn annoying as its the same large stock they've been selling off since June.

So I wonder what other prices they've put up by 20% to cut off 2.5%

I'm not voting either way on this thread cus I don't trust the way they've worked this - I just can't say for other items so I'll reserve judgment.

seancampbell;3565406

Yup cut equates to a price drop of 2.13% or on say a laptop of £400 just … Yup cut equates to a price drop of 2.13% or on say a laptop of £400 just £8.52 - hardly going to jump start consumer spending? Especially given cost to those on higher income.

Doesn't matter if it does make people spend more or not. The result they want to achieve is companies getting a bit more income. Therefore if they pocket the extra cash it's done what they want it to do.

i think the government wanted to cut more than 2.5%

but having seen the news- its the euro union laws that do not let us cut more than 2.5%, as the max is 15% vat

no disrespect to the OP but the fact that this has got any heat is a joke. Is everyone going to start posting 2.5% reductions on anything and everything. What makes it more of a joke is that the saving amounts to 2.5p. per item.

stiffnuts;3565523

no disrespect to the OP but the fact that this has got any heat is a … no disrespect to the OP but the fact that this has got any heat is a joke. Is everyone going to start posting 2.5% reductions on anything and everything. What makes it more of a joke is that the saving amounts to 2.5p. per item.

2.13% because it's on the ex vat price not the incl vat price.

supermod

Moved to MISC.

After a previous discussion we are putting the Company Notifications of VAT reduction to 15% there rather than in Deals, thanks :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks sigma,

sorry for putting into deals... as I said it was my first post and am not 100% sure on HUKD postings yet... but wil not do again.

For those who keep saying is every company going to be publicised then yes I think they should to help show consumers retailers who are trying to help instead of just increasing their profit margins. Poundstretcher is the first retailer to jump onto this bandwagon at present...! Thats my personal opinion anyway

Banned

lol, can't wait to see if £1 shop reduces there prices !! x

TT29;3565616

Thanks sigma,sorry for putting into deals... as I said it was my first … Thanks sigma,sorry for putting into deals... as I said it was my first post and am not 100% sure on HUKD postings yet... but wil not do again.For those who keep saying is every company going to be publicised then yes I think they should to help show consumers retailers who are trying to help instead of just increasing their profit margins. Poundstretcher is the first retailer to jump onto this bandwagon at present...! Thats my personal opinion anyway

You'll never know (apart from a pound shop). Every retailer is going to be dropping prices before xmas anyway so they'll just drop them by 2% less than they were going to if they don't want to pass the rate on.

In practice everyone will be passing it on as they'll drop prices as low as they can in order to get people through the door.

People seem to be getting muddled between poundstretcher and poundland. Poundland sell everything for £1, Poundstretchers have different prices as in any other shop.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Renewing sportsmania.rocks610
    2. What's this on my neighbours roof?1011
    3. Whey protien46
    4. Is this junction box wired properly??610

See more discussions