Groups
    EXPIRED

Vauxhall Air conditioning- How long will it last?

Just taken my 12 month old V Corsa for its first service only to be told that the Air conditioning isn't blowing cold and needs re-gassing.
    Shouldn't it last more than 12 months before needing attention. I admit I don't use it every week but surely on a brand new car you would expect better.
    Not sure if its covered by warranty yet but wondered if anyone had any similar problems?

10 Comments

Its covered but i expect them to say its not but keep on at them if they say its not.

Should be replaced/filled up every 2 years.
    Also you should use air com every week for ten mins or so as in the gas is an oil to lube rubber joints in system if not used they dry out an leak the gas hence need regas.

The Handbook usually says to use the AC for half an hour every month to keep the seals well lubed...
    i guess they will say you have not done this and that is why the gas needs topping up...

Also if they will not do it free wait a week or two and kwikfit will be offering a regas fo £30.00 ish pound
    cos its getting cold and still need to sell regas

should be serviced every 2 years

run for a few minutes each week

bigwheels;6777644

Should be replaced/filled up every 2 years.Also you should use air com … Should be replaced/filled up every 2 years.Also you should use air com every week for ten mins or so as in the gas is an oil to lube rubber joints in system if not used they dry out an leak the gas hence need regas.

Top advice, also the compressor could seize and therefore have to be replaced.

bigwheels;6777644

Should be replaced/filled up every 2 years.Also you should use air com … Should be replaced/filled up every 2 years.Also you should use air com every week for ten mins or so as in the gas is an oil to lube rubber joints in system if not used they dry out an leak the gas hence need regas.

glad i read this im gona make sure i put mine on now once a week,only used it twice in about 3 months.

Why you should use a/c in the winter:-

Q. Why should the air conditioning system be used even during the winter … Q. Why should the air conditioning system be used even during the winter months?A. Using the air conditioning system during winter months will prevent the windows from misting inside the vehicle as the air is dehumidified, and regular use will help prevent oil seals drying out thus preventing refrigerant loss or compressor failure.

thefilbertfox;6779233

Why you should use a/c in the winter:-

AC is dry air will clear the screen quicker .
    You can use air con with heat to dry out the car

18m old Audi went in 'cos A/C wasn't working, they fitted a complete new system all under warranty, so I would have thought that getting a re-gas on 12m old car would be FOC too?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. 5am gym crew20132
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767382
    3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2469
    4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1319

See more discussions