Expired

VAUXHALL ZAFIRA STEREO IN SAFE MODE AFTER FLAT BATTERY

Found 8th Apr 2012
Hi, during last very cold spell the battery went flat on our Vauxhall Zafira. Hubby jump-started it and all was well but stereo went into safe mode. He's follwed the destructions in manual to no effect, it remains in safe mode. He's disconnected battery again today but still not playing.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
MiscZafiraVauxhallBattery
33 Comments
sounds like you may need to enter a PIN? You could call vauxhall garage and ask them?
Thought I got away with that, mis read it X)
jonny619447

Thought I got away with that, mis read it X)

a battery can never go into safe mode. it's not clever enough. X)
Check to see if your stereo manual has a 4 digit code written somewhere by dealer or ex- owner
When you lose power to the stereo it asks for your code, so that if someone nicked it they couldn't use it. Trouble is now it doesn't help you. The code will be in the audio handbook that came with the car. If you don't have it you're sort of buggered as they are unique codes. (no point a code being available on google to a radio thief)

You will need to get it unlocked by a dealership which isn't going to be cheap.

Edited by: "jonny619447" 8th Apr 2012
The pin is on a credit card sized card that's in a pocket on the inner front cover of the user pack that comes with a Vauxhall.

Although if that's lost, then a Vauxhall dealer can get the pin from the vehicle VIN
jonny619447

When you lose power to the stereo it asks for your code, so that if … When you lose power to the stereo it asks for your code, so that if someone nicked it they couldn't use it. Trouble is now it doesn't help you. The code will be in the audio handbook that came with the car. If you don't have it your sory of buggered as they are unique codes.

the vauxhall garage can unlock it. i think they did for ours. can't remember if we had to pay for this but i may have had it done with the annual service so they did not charge extra for it.
Original Poster
We've got the code but it doesn't ask for it as it's in safe mode

Looks like it's going to be an expensive trip to the dealership....Grrrrr!
Edited by: "luvvlychocolate" 8th Apr 2012
luvvlychocolate

We've got the code but it doesn't ask for it as it's in safe mode We've got the code but it doesn't ask for it as it's in safe mode Looks like it's going to be an expensive trip to the dealership....Grrrrr!

is it still under manufacturer's warranty?
mutley1

the vauxhall garage can unlock it. i think they did for ours. can't … the vauxhall garage can unlock it. i think they did for ours. can't remember if we had to pay for this but i may have had it done with the annual service so they did not charge extra for it.

Look at my post, edited before you posted that
whatsThePoint

turn on ignitionturn radio offpress and hold a/s buttonturn on radio … turn on ignitionturn radio offpress and hold a/s buttonturn on radio (still holding down a/s)enter codehold a/s button until you hear bleep

I think thats the problem
whatsThePoint

turn on ignitionturn radio offpress and hold a/s buttonturn on radio … turn on ignitionturn radio offpress and hold a/s buttonturn on radio (still holding down a/s)enter codehold a/s button until you hear bleep

luvvlychocolate this is right my husband thinks this is what we had to do same ,go on the zafira forum
Original Poster
Will get the husband to go and see if that works and will report back
Original Poster

turn on ignition turn radio off press and hold a/s button turn on radio … turn on ignition turn radio off press and hold a/s button turn on radio (still holding down a/s) enter code hold a/s button until you hear bleep

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH WHATSTHEPOINT - it worked! Thank you
i love a happy ending.
good to hear OP. well done WTP.
Great stuff WTP , and congrats to choc - (i lived without a radio in the car for 2yrs !! - didn't realise what i was missing till i bothered to find a fix, and voila!)

I too love a happy ending
Thanks it works
Can sum1 help? I did all the above. Manual and radio says 10 attempts. Stupidly entered code incorrectly 3 times now stuck on 7 safe. Waited 60mins and went to 7 0833. Cant overide this and every time i switch radio off it goes to 7 safe!
im the same put codes in after changed battery n wont except radio or other code niw been withou misic for a fortnight lol now keep thinking things wrong with car bcause i keep hearing aww thease noises help
I've just had the same problem with my wife leaving the bloody car lights on over night. But she did hear the dinging the car makes. Women lol
So I got the car jumped and had nothing on the stereo, only had the standard display time and date.
I connected to the car with op com and reset the date and time but I could not pick up the radio saying connection error when attempting to read the head unit. ........ O also by pressing the power on nothing not even an error code, checked the radio fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet and was ok then removed the stereo and found a fuse behind the main connection socket, check and ok had power going to the stereo but the bloody thing won't work.
So what I did.....
With the car ignition on, disconnected the main leads again from the stereo and then plugged then back in and **** me it worked

Hope this helps you all as I don't agree with how much the dealer charges,
Just bought a Meriva 04 plate. The display says 'safe'. Paid for the new code via a dealer. Just tried the AS hold and switch on method but nothing changes. Stereo face plate is a bit scratched, could the stereo behind be missing, or is there something else I can try?
"turn on ignition turn radio off press and hold a/s button turn on radio (still holding down a/s) enter code hold a/s button until you hear bleep"
Thank you so much, that worked for me :-)
Just had my stereo go into safe mode after battery went dead. Tried suggestion from "whats the point" it worked. Fantastic.
Thanks guys had the same problem & now it's fixed yippee, was lost without my radio!!
How can I get my 2002 Vauxhall zafira code as I didn't get it with the car , any ideas
I'd rather my damn radio was 'ordinary' and could be simply nicked, than go through all this code and safe nonsense.
What a palava! My radio hasn't worked for months because of this stupid concept, and who goes to the trouble of stealing car radios today anyway?
My radio only stay in 7 safe mode. I tried to keep the engine running For more than 2 hours it has been advised by Vauxhall but with no luck. I do not know whatelse to do, any suggestion
Could u please tell me where u find the code , I have had my power steering pump changed and now radio is in safe mode thank u x
vauxhall zafira radio problem - tried what luvvlychoc had said DID work and it DID NOT !! What is the secret -which button puts the code in? Nowt seems to be working. !!!! Re-set dates/time no problem , but radio, noooooooo...........
******** THANK YOU SO MUCH ********** Been without my radio for over a month because of 'SAFE MODE'. Fantastic easy step by step advice! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Would anyone possibly happen to know the code for GM0500552559919 pretty please?
Thanks luvvly choc. Worked well after you put the code in from the manual you have to push the on button to accept the code. Was waiting for two minutes and started pushing buttons

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants