Groups
    EXPIRED

Vauxhall Zafira Trip Computer Activation

I purchased a 58 Plate zafira exclusiv at the weekend and have realised it has no fuel reading via the bc button. On further looking into it, it appears if you have a device called a tech2 the function can be activated within a couple of minutes.

Anyone have any first hand experience of doing this? I tried speaking with my local vauxhall dealer at lakeside that had no knowledge and just seemed like he wanted to chuck the computer on it and charge me for that.

I know someone with a tech2 so a step by step guide would be good. But if your local to lakeside and you know what your doing, even better.

Thanks

5 Comments

Tech2 is a mobile version of the main dealers computer. There are several options available, here is a good one. the software can be downloaded from the web onto your phone. Your phone takes the place of the computer.

ebay.co.uk/itm…03b

Torque, the software (Can be downloaded from Android Market)

mrty

Tech2 is a mobile version of the main dealers computer. There are … Tech2 is a mobile version of the main dealers computer. There are several options available, here is a good one. the software can be downloaded from the web onto your phone. Your phone takes the place of the computer. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diagnosis-Scanner-Auto-Fault-Code-Reader-OBD2-Adapter-Bluetooth-Device-Torque-/160942227515?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2578e7803bTorque, the software (Can be downloaded from Android Market)

I have a 57 plate zafira, will this work for mine too? and do you have an iOS compatible app?
    thanks

Original Poster

The list of compatibility doesnt mention vauxhalls

How about this?

Not sure if you can reset anything with this though. I know the other one can. In your shoes I would message the first seller and ask about compatibility. Or look for a mobile mechanic to come out and sort it.

Original Poster

If you read the original post you'll see i know a mechanic with a tech2 and i asked if anyone had done it themselves and could offer step by step instructions.

Apparently requires changing codes.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767534
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047202
      3. Cheer me up please?1440
      4. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.69

See more discussions