Groups

VB Code or ASP

I want to show a map of the uk with points on the map with the branches at work, i then want to run a PING command against each branch and if sucessful show green and if failed show red.

I'm trying to find a script example on google but cannot find one at the min, anybody know of one or use one?

2 Comments

try virtual earth or google maps API's - javascriptyou can then do the pinging in you server-side (asp.net) code using the HTTP object, set a (hidden field value on the page, and then plot the results on the map client-side from that hidden field

It should be easy.

Getting an image into a VB project is no problem, nor is making pinpoints into objects that run code. The ping bit is easy enough. Just get each button to run "ping 12.34.56.8 > bleh.txt" and, after five seconds, load the contents of bleh.txt into a textbox or label. You'll probably not find a code sample for the entire thing, but for each of the three functions, certainly.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764117
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?2073
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661376
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846142

See more discussions