Groups

VB1: Did someone just try to scam the amazing VB1? [ A VB1 THREAD ]

Banned
    Just wanted some info on this....

Got a call from someone who explictly stated they were from Sky. They were indian sounding, and I was immediately on guard since I’ve never had a call off Sky that wasn’t from Livingston!

Anyway, I asked again to confirm they worked directly for sky, and he confirmed he was from “Sky Dispatches” (what?!) and wanted to send me a viewing card.

I’m a bit of a geek, use the forums on digitalspy etc, and generally know months in advance when they are issuing new cards, so I assume this was a scam.

What did they want from me? Luckily I didn't even confirm I had sky, so it must have been a big fat Fail.

inb4 comedy replies, followed by some poor soul who somehow doesn't know about me.

20 Comments

Banned

Not sure but theres been more and more bogus calls on go recently

Edited by: "dj_urban" 28th Sep 2010

sounds dodgy, cool story though bro!

maybe phishing for your viewing card number, so they can clone it, just a guess

Original Poster Banned

Charlie Scene

sounds dodgy, cool story though bro!

safe fam.

I got nasty with the brah and slammed the phone down (then picked it up again to press End Call)

Banned

Someone called you from sky?

Yup... amazing!

Did you not think to ask them what they wanted?

Original Poster Banned

fwibble

maybe phishing for your viewing card number, so they can clone it, just a … maybe phishing for your viewing card number, so they can clone it, just a guess

Massive fail then - even if sky did call I couldn't be arsed to walk over and faff at getting the card out.

Losers!

until this morning I thought all sky calls were handled at livingston,but this morning I had to call them and since the 3 different people I spoke to were Indian,I guess they must have a call centre there too?

Original Poster Banned

guv

Someone called you from sky?Yup... amazing!Did you not think to ask them … Someone called you from sky?Yup... amazing!Did you not think to ask them what they wanted?

I did - he said he wanted to send me a new viewing card. At which point my online persona because reality, I turned into a massive bell end and told him to **** orf

Original Poster Banned

barky

until this morning I thought all sky calls were handled at livingston,but … until this morning I thought all sky calls were handled at livingston,but this morning I had to call them and since the 3 different people I spoke to were Indian,I guess they must have a call centre there too?

Maybe they are stealing viewing cards to use to strengthen the commonwealth games buildings?!

(lil bit racist?!)

Banned

Maybe they wanted to give you multi-room for free because you are popular and now you've blown it!

Sky have 7 Customer Service locations in the UK.

Bingo83

Sky have 7 Customer Service locations in the UK.

is one in Birmingham or Bradford then?

You have committed fraud brah, whenever important calls come through remember its your parents who deal with it!

u sound well geeky

Banned

You could do an essay on it for your English language exams.

is this definitely an official VB1 thread?!

Today a guy touched me in my special place in the street and said he was VB1. I shrugged it off cos I thought WOW VB1 but I'm being ultra cautious now, do you think I was scammed earlier?

Banned

numptyj

is this definitely an official VB1 thread?! Today a guy touched me in my … is this definitely an official VB1 thread?! Today a guy touched me in my special place in the street and said he was VB1. I shrugged it off cos I thought WOW VB1 but I'm being ultra cautious now, do you think I was scammed earlier?

Was you wearing your I luv VB1 t-shirt again? Did he charge you BTW? (Or vice versa!)

By doing this you've ruined the next series of fonejacker

Original Poster Banned

aircanman

You have committed fraud brah, whenever important calls come through … You have committed fraud brah, whenever important calls come through remember its your parents who deal with it!

still not funny brah.

Original Poster Banned

numptyj

is this definitely an official VB1 thread?! Today a guy touched me in my … is this definitely an official VB1 thread?! Today a guy touched me in my special place in the street and said he was VB1. I shrugged it off cos I thought WOW VB1 but I'm being ultra cautious now, do you think I was scammed earlier?

Might have been VB0.5?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710946
      2. TechInTheBasket?11
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543737
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767113

See more discussions