Groups

VB1: The Gadget Thread / "How can I best waste my money" Thread

Banned
    Yo dawgs.

I've found out I have more money than I thought, but I'm all out of options on the gadget front.

Gimme some ideas for pointless crap to buy. Also feel free to discuss tech related gubbins.

Tempted with a PS3... but I have an xbox and a bluray player

45 Comments

get a small horse.

Banned

is it pocket money time again blimey it comes roung quickly doesn't it

Get an Ipad, oh no wait, that pointless gadgets been checked (Jealous much)

Get an overpriced accessory.

Original Poster Banned

Great ideas. Cost wise... dunno. Just cheap gadgets really... say £300 max per item.

Original Poster Banned

Adam2050;8398927

Get an Ipad, oh no wait, that pointless gadgets been checked (Jealous … Get an Ipad, oh no wait, that pointless gadgets been checked (Jealous much)Get an overpriced accessory.

I'm getting the official ipad case nice and overpriced, but annoyingly it looks nice!

vibeone;8398935

I'm getting the official ipad case nice and overpriced, but annoyingly … I'm getting the official ipad case nice and overpriced, but annoyingly it looks nice!

Geek

Banned

New phone?

Original Poster Banned

What does it do besides write stuff?

Eye fi card?

eye.fi/

Banned

vibeone;8398959

What does it do besides write stuff?

+1 its a pen.

Original Poster Banned

Not sure about the shower :P

Eye fi thing looks weird... how do you control it?

Pen's aren't gadgety enough for me :P

Original Poster Banned

MarzBarz;8398971

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/658238/so-im-getting-my-new-gadget-tomorrothis^^ (priceless)Wait for the HP Slate.

Is that what you were banging on about yesterday? A hackintosh?

Hey, howd that happen? whyd you remove my comment? I was serious. Thats the best way I could think of to waste money.....and waste it with style...I mean if you were to buy something, thats not realy wasting the money is it? your still benefiting from it...arent you?

a monkey to impress ladies.

I concentrate on your upcoming GCSE exams son!!
    Buy some study guides or tutors.

Banned

vibeone;8399144

Is that what you were banging on about yesterday? A hackintosh?

My eyes, my eyes!

Original Poster Banned

ants97;8399303

a monkey to impress ladies.

Do monkeys impress ladies?

Kermit2004;8399305

I concentrate on your upcoming GCSE exams son!!Buy some study guides or … I concentrate on your upcoming GCSE exams son!!Buy some study guides or tutors.

Yawn.

vibeone;8399317

Do monkeys impress ladies?

mine does:?

Banned

vibeone;8399317

Do monkeys impress ladies?]

Hung ones do!

Banned

Hold up breddas and gyals! Thread hi-jackhttp://www.dan-jackson.com/smilies/terror.gif

Has anyone here got an LED TV? We're looking at getting one and just wondered if anyone had any experience of them and/or recommendations.

Banned

DJ1;8399506

Hold up breddas and gyals! Thread hi-jack Has anyone here got an LED TV? … Hold up breddas and gyals! Thread hi-jack Has anyone here got an LED TV? We're looking at getting one and just wondered if anyone had any experience of them and/or recommendations.

Physically they look nice but I'd always go Plasma myself.

Original Poster Banned

DJ1;8399506

Hold up breddas and gyals! Thread hi-jack Has anyone here got an LED TV? … Hold up breddas and gyals! Thread hi-jack Has anyone here got an LED TV? We're looking at getting one and just wondered if anyone had any experience of them and/or recommendations.

I've been impressed with my LED laptop (Y)

vibeone;8399135

Eye fi thing looks weird... how do you control it?

You download software onto your PC/Mac, this allows you to control where the photos are stored on your PC and also where they are uploaded to on the web e.g Evernote, Flickr, Facebook, Photobucket, picasa web albums. I do it to photobucket normally so when I sell stuff on here I just take the pics then go to my PC and they are already uploaded to the photobucket site.

Set it up on your wireless network with the USB stick they provide. Your card then holds all of the wireless network details (can store 30 different networks simeltaneously)

Put card in your camera start snapping away, as soon as you return home or are in range of the wireless network the photos then automatically upload to your PC and to your chosen web service.

Easy!!

Original Poster Banned

mr.potato_head;8399658

You download software onto your PC/Mac, this allows you to control where … You download software onto your PC/Mac, this allows you to control where the photos are stored on your PC and also where they are uploaded to on the web e.g Evernote, Flickr, Facebook, Photobucket, picasa web albums. I do it to photobucket normally so when I sell stuff on here I just take the pics then go to my PC and they are already uploaded to the photobucket site.Set it up on your wireless network with the USB stick they provide. Your card then holds all of the wireless network details (can store 30 different networks simeltaneously)Put card in your camera start snapping away, as soon as you return home or are in range of the wireless network the photos then automatically upload to your PC and to your chosen web service.Easy!!

That sounds quite cool really.

I remember the terrible double length wifi sd cards for PDAs ages ago. Nice to see they've got it actually into the card now!

Banned

mr.potato_head;8399658

You download software onto your PC/Mac, this allows you to control where … You download software onto your PC/Mac, this allows you to control where the photos are stored on your PC and also where they are uploaded to on the web e.g Evernote, Flickr, Facebook, Photobucket, picasa web albums. I do it to photobucket normally so when I sell stuff on here I just take the pics then go to my PC and they are already uploaded to the photobucket site.Set it up on your wireless network with the USB stick they provide. Your card then holds all of the wireless network details (can store 30 different networks simeltaneously)Put card in your camera start snapping away, as soon as you return home or are in range of the wireless network the photos then automatically upload to your PC and to your chosen web service.Easy!!

Looks pretty cool actually. No CF card for us proper camera owners?

Banned

master_chief;8399545

Physically they look nice but I'd always go Plasma myself.

Why? I was looking at them at the weekend in shops and the picture quality was FAR better than on our Plasma (although our plasma is 4 years old)

Banned

DJ1;8399772

Why? I was looking at them at the weekend in shops and the picture … Why? I was looking at them at the weekend in shops and the picture quality was FAR better than on our Plasma (although our plasma is 4 years old)

Really? I've never seen a shop demo unit look better than my old black and white portable.

vibeone;8399739

That sounds quite cool really.I remember the terrible double length wifi … That sounds quite cool really.I remember the terrible double length wifi sd cards for PDAs ages ago. Nice to see they've got it actually into the card now!

Yeah they are pretty awesome. Have mine configured on my PC to be put straight into my dropbox folder. Only problem I find with it is that you can't upload to multiple web services at any one time but they seem to be adding this an upcoming software update.

master_chief;8399759

No CF card for us proper camera owners?

Nope afaraid not and doesn't look like CF to SD adapters work either.

master_chief;8399783

Really? I've never seen a shop demo unit look better than my old black … Really? I've never seen a shop demo unit look better than my old black and white portable.

Agreed, Plasma FTW!

Banned

mr.potato_head;8399940

Yeah they are pretty awesome. Have mine configured on my PC to be put … Yeah they are pretty awesome. Have mine configured on my PC to be put straight into my dropbox folder. Only problem I find with it is that you can't upload to multiple web services at any one time but they seem to be adding this an upcoming software update.Nope afaraid not and doesn't look like CF to SD adapters work either.

I like the technology though, if I buy a smaller camera to supplement the DSLR I may just invest in one then. Cheers for the link and I take it all back about you not been one of us!

Banned

master_chief;8399783

Really? I've never seen a shop demo unit look better than my old black … Really? I've never seen a shop demo unit look better than my old black and white portable.

We are looking at ]this one. The quality of the Blu Ray they were playing was incredible.

I've had Blu-Ray for 3 years now so am used to it but the picture clarity on this screen blew me away. It was head and shoulders above any plasma they had in the shop. The only things that looked better were the bigger/more expensive LEDs

Banned

DJ1;8400132

We are looking at ]this one. The quality of the Blu Ray they were … We are looking at ]this one. The quality of the Blu Ray they were playing was incredible. I've had Blu-Ray for 3 years now so am used to it but the picture clarity on this screen blew me away. It was head and shoulders above any plasma they had in the shop. The only things that looked better were the bigger/more expensive LEDs

Give this a read. hdtvtest.co.uk/new…htm

master_chief;8400042

I like the technology though, if I buy a smaller camera to supplement the … I like the technology though, if I buy a smaller camera to supplement the DSLR I may just invest in one then. Cheers for the link and I take it all back about you not been one of us!

Yeah definitely worth it if you are into your photography. Y..y..you mean I've been accepted

Original Poster Banned

Hey spud seems like you're making friends en-masse now?

Banned

vibeone;8402074

Well the guy is better looking than Zoolander yet expects to be taken seriously as an internet geek who likes technology and downloading something. As everyone knows we're all fat and ugly so he must be an imposter. Saying that though, his posts have suggested he may be the rare exception to the rule.

vibeone;8402074

I'm making enemies en-masse too!.

vibeone;8402074

Why the change to bold italic rather than the usual bold?

Excellent decision.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917265

See more discussions