Expired

VDSL modem router to replace Home Hub 5

Found 5th Aug 2014
Does anyone have experience of a solution to replace the BT Home Hub 5 for use on BT Infinity? It would need to connect via DSL, not phone line and we are looking for a router which allows XBox One gaming for multiple consoles without NAT restrictions which is what we're finding with the HH. Really would appreciate any help :-)
Community Updates
AskRouter
6 Comments
You should be able to replace the home hub with any decent wifi router, Asus rt ac56u or rt ac68u etc
enigmatik33

You should be able to replace the home hub with any decent wifi router, … You should be able to replace the home hub with any decent wifi router, Asus rt ac56u or rt ac68u etc

Not sure that they are vdsl ?

HH5 has a built in vdsl modem so replacements need to also.

There are a couple of technomates, draytec, fritzbox, etc.

Be aware though that many people find that things sync more slowly using third party dsl stuff. (I certainly did)

Might look at picking up a BT vdsl modem and running any cable router with it.
Original Poster
Thanks for responses. We do indeed need a VDSL modem and can't use 99.9% of what's available as they don't support this, but I guess it's new tech?!!! Anyway, have looked at getting BT VDSL modem but they wouldn't sell me one (suggested I buy a third party unit but couldn't recommend one) so am off to fleabay I think.
Ah ok, didn't realise home hub has modem built in. Plusnet supply separate modem and router. Learn something new. Could you not ask BT for a modem only then buy a router of your choice?
Buy openreach modem off eBay go for peanuts
So if you by the openreach modem you can run any router such as Cisco linksy ea3500 n 60?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants