Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!

Found 6th Sep 2017
It's finally here!!

2783161.jpg
You dared us to go dairyless — and we did! Ben & Jerry’s Non-Dairy flavour creations are made with almonds & so boldly loaded with chunks & swirls that you’ll get Ben & Jerry’s euphoria in every bite.

2783161.jpg
2783161.jpg2783161.jpg
Vegan friends, whether you've been waiting three decades or three days for certified vegan non-dairy decadence, it's time to rejoice! We've partnered with Vegan Action over in the US to certify that our non-dairy doesn't include animal products of any kind - including eggs, dairy or honey. We admire you for your commitment and we hope you love the magnificent vegan chunks & swirls we've loaded into these bad boys.

Why Almonds? After experimenting with all sorts of different formulas, our Flavour Gurus decided that almonds provided the best 'blank canvas' for the delicious brownies, nuts, and chocolate we sourced. And it's so rich & scrumptious that while digging into a pint you will constantly have to remind yourself that it's non-dairy.

Why Non-Dairy?

We asked you. Lots of you. Some of you are committed to a vegan lifestyle, while others can't or would rather not eat dairy. And all of you are missing the indulgent frozen delights you wish you could enjoy. We knew that with some hard work and experimentation we could deliver the taste and creamy texture you've been craving. So we did.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
thebox19 m ago

Surely the priority is a coeliac-friendly range? Even the flavours without …Surely the priority is a coeliac-friendly range? Even the flavours without cookie dough etc contain gluten. Vegans _choose_ not to eat animal products: they don't get seriously ill from eating them.

More people suffer from lactose intolerance than are coeliacs, so why should their priorities lay with providing coeliacs with an alternative? Or is lactose intolerance also a dietary choice?

By making it dairy free they have effectively killed two birds with one stone.

I appreciate that coeliacs struggle for choice, although it has improved somewhat recently, but that shouldn't be a reason to attack a company for not providing an alternative for coeliacs when they are providing alternatives for others. And who knows, maybe they are working on something.
Edited by: "RossD89" 7th Sep 2017
27 Comments
Screw Ben and jerrys virtue signalling losers.
They're gonna have their own LGBT flavour next.
I listened to an interesting podcast with someone from Ben and Jerry's and the International Rescue Committee as part of a new campaign to push for European Legislative change.

benjerry.co.uk/wha…ees
TeaMonster14 m ago

I listened to an interesting podcast with someone from Ben and Jerry's and …I listened to an interesting podcast with someone from Ben and Jerry's and the International Rescue Committee as part of a new campaign to push for European Legislative change.http://www.benjerry.co.uk/whats-new/2017/08/why-ben--jerrys-are-together-for-refugees

31911833-qVBLh.jpg31911833-jdTdT.jpg
chimp14uk2 h, 58 m ago

They've already got fat pride covered.
chimp14uk3 h, 3 m ago

Is that not out already? Phish Food.
31912529-GVe6y.jpg

Monkey ice-cream? Doesn’t sound very Vegan.
Biddy217 m ago

[Image] Monkey ice-cream? Doesn’t sound very Vegan.

Not only does it not sound very Vegan the problem is it does sound both fat-shaming and racist.

At least they're not disablist and homophobic like Jus-Rol:

31912593-7ugW0.jpg
What happened to Cherry Garcia it was really the only flavour I liked..
This is fab. My daughter has a serious lactose intolerance and struggles to get ice creams that taste good. She will love this. Thanks Ben and Jerrys xx
Surely the priority is a coeliac-friendly range? Even the flavours without cookie dough etc contain gluten. Vegans _choose_ not to eat animal products: they don't get seriously ill from eating them.
good god, it really does not take much to trigger the bro-flakes on misc.

It's not for you, no-one is making you buy it, move on.
thebox19 m ago

Surely the priority is a coeliac-friendly range? Even the flavours without …Surely the priority is a coeliac-friendly range? Even the flavours without cookie dough etc contain gluten. Vegans _choose_ not to eat animal products: they don't get seriously ill from eating them.

More people suffer from lactose intolerance than are coeliacs, so why should their priorities lay with providing coeliacs with an alternative? Or is lactose intolerance also a dietary choice?

By making it dairy free they have effectively killed two birds with one stone.

I appreciate that coeliacs struggle for choice, although it has improved somewhat recently, but that shouldn't be a reason to attack a company for not providing an alternative for coeliacs when they are providing alternatives for others. And who knows, maybe they are working on something.
Edited by: "RossD89" 7th Sep 2017
RossD8931 m ago

More people suffer from lactose intolerance than are coeliacs, so why …More people suffer from lactose intolerance than are coeliacs, so why should their priorities lay with providing coeliacs with an alternative? Or is lactose intolerance also a dietary choice?By making it dairy free they have effectively killed two birds with one stone.I appreciate that coeliacs struggle for choice, although it has improved somewhat recently, but that shouldn't be a reason to attack a company for not providing an alternative for coeliacs when they are providing alternatives for others. And who knows, maybe they are working on something.

But it's marketed towards vegans, not lactose intolerant people - they're just the happy side effect. This range is all about jumping on the vegan bandwagon, not catering for people with serious allergies.

I'm happy that people with lactose intolerance finally have B&J ice cream they can eat but they're at the bottom of the priority list along with coeliac and gluten-intolerant people (there are many undiagnosed cases of gluten and wheat intolerance, not full on coeliac disease). That's what I'm taking issue with.
thebox10 m ago

But it's marketed towards vegans, not lactose intolerant people

If it is marketed towards vegans, lactose intolerant people know it is suitable for them.
If it is marketed towards lactose intolerant people, vegans do not necessarily know it is suitable for them.

Your argument doesn't make a lot of sense.
It is funny how offended some people get by the idea of veganism.
Josh.Rogan7th Sep 2017

If it is marketed towards vegans, lactose intolerant people know it is …If it is marketed towards vegans, lactose intolerant people know it is suitable for them.If it is marketed towards lactose intolerant people, vegans do not necessarily know it is suitable for them.Your argument doesn't make a lot of sense.

You misunderstand. I'm saying that they wouldn't bring out a range aimed at dairy-intolerance, coeliac etc because they're lower down the priority list, even though having food allergies isn't a choice like going vegan. I still can't eat many B&J flavours because they contain gluten, but my suggestions to their customer service about making a gluten-free range seem to fall on deaf ears.
thebox8 m ago

You misunderstand. I'm saying that they wouldn't bring out a range aimed …You misunderstand. I'm saying that they wouldn't bring out a range aimed at dairy-intolerance, coeliac etc because they're lower down the priority list, even though having food allergies isn't a choice like going vegan. I still can't eat many B&J flavours because they contain gluten, but my suggestions to their customer service about making a gluten-free range seem to fall on deaf ears.

One person asking will fall on deaf ears. Thousands may get a response.
By marking it vegan we know it's animal products free. Things can be lactose free and still contain dairy.
My son is badly allergic to all animal milk protein so can only have plant based proteins in foods like icecream etc.
thebox8 h, 29 m ago

You're joking right? The UK has some of the highest prevalence rates of allergic conditions in the world, with over 20% of the population affected by one or more allergic disorder. Not everyone 'chooses' not to eat dairy to be trendy!
thebox9 h, 0 m ago

I still can't eat many B&J flavours because they contain gluten, but my …I still can't eat many B&J flavours because they contain gluten, but my suggestions to their customer service about making a gluten-free range seem to fall on deaf ears.

I can guess how that went...

"Hello, you're through to Ben & Jerry's customer service helpline, how may I check your privilege?"

"Hi there, I am gluten intolerant and as such cannot eat many B&J flavours..."

"Hello?"

"Hello there, I was just wondering whether you have plans to increase your range of gluten free varieties in future?"

"Hello? Is someone speaking?"

"Yes, I'm speaking, can't you hear me?"

*click* THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE. OUR SYSTEMS HAVE DETECTED AN ANTI-DEAF MICROAGGRESSION. YOU HAVE BEEN DEPLATFORMED. HERE AT BEN AND JERRYS WE PRIDE OURSELVES IN FIGHTING DISCRIMINATION SO ONLY EMPLOY PEOPLE OF HEARING-LOSS (POHL) IN OUR CALL CENTRES. YOUR CALL HAS BEEN RECORDED FOR TRAINING AND TWITTER-SHAMING PURPOSES. PLEASE REPORT TO YOUR LOCAL ANTIFA DEMONSTRATION TO BE PUNCHED.
thebox10 h, 41 m ago

Do you speak for all Vegans there?

vanyajt10 h, 47 m ago

This is fab. My daughter has a serious lactose intolerance and struggles …This is fab. My daughter has a serious lactose intolerance and struggles to get ice creams that taste good. She will love this. Thanks Ben and Jerrys xx

Has you daughter tried this range?

[ wallsswedishglace.co.uk ]

I can recommend them (as somebody that avoids dairy/lactose & gluten).

I'm also a Pescetarian (but don't let that put you off!)
Edited by: "fanpages" 7th Sep 2017
oh good, something for the little snowflakes to eat and be proud of
benjammin3161 h, 15 m ago

oh good, something for the little snowflakes to eat and be proud of

Oh good, something that isn't aimed squarely at the bro-flakes, now we'll have a thread of their witless bantz.

Its not for you, move on.
Just bought some for my lactose intolerant girlfriend from Tesco.

32032209-wA5Ak.jpg
It's safe to say that at £5.50 a tub it will only be bought as a rare treat.
Rubisco7th Sep 2017

Not only does it not sound very Vegan the problem is it does sound both …Not only does it not sound very Vegan the problem is it does sound both fat-shaming and racist.At least they're not disablist and homophobic like Jus-Rol:[Image]

Rubisco7th Sep 2017

Not only does it not sound very Vegan the problem is it does sound both …Not only does it not sound very Vegan the problem is it does sound both fat-shaming and racist.At least they're not disablist and homophobic like Jus-Rol:[Image]

Some people take this too far. Yes it says monkey. Us vegans dont care. And saying that about just roll is positively ridiculous. Some people like to moan about literally anything.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants