Vegans rejoice! Heinz launches vegan alternatives to Cream of Tomato Soup, Beanz & Sausages + New vegan options at McDonald's & Burger King

Posted 29th Dec 2022
Hello hotukdealers vegans! Time for some great news on new vegan options available in the coming weeks...

Heinz (credit: Vegan Food & Living)

12221618031672317965.jpg
Heinz vegan Creamy Tomato Soup and Beanz with Sausages have been a long time coming according to the brand - which apologised for the wait

Now Heinz lovers can pick up the products from Ocado from today, and in Sainsbury’s stores from January 8.

Read full article

McDonald's (credit: McDonald's Newsroom)

9553989951672318192.jpg
YOU ASKED. WE LISTENED. WE DOUBLED

McDONALD’S UK&I BOOSTS PLANT-BASED OFFERING WITH NEW DOUBLE MCPLANT

• After a successful launch last year, McDonald’s is rolling out the NEW Double McPlant in all restaurants across the UK & Ireland from Wednesday 4th Jan 2023

• This twice-as-nice burger is the answer to fans’ pleas, featuring not one, but two of the much-loved, juicy Beyond Meat® patties

• Double McPlant is here, joining the menu for all to enjoy – veggies, vegans, flexitarians and meat-eaters alike

Read full article

Burger King (credit: Vegan Food & Living)

15100422861672318301.jpg
Burger King is launching a new plant-based range in its UK outlets – with its Vegan Royale Bakon King burger part of the menu.

The fast-food giant, which is working towards becoming 50 per cent plant-based by 2030, will be adding the new items to its menu from January 4.

Other sandwiches on offer include the Plant-Based Bakon King (Single or Double).

While the Vegan Royale Bakon King is fully certified, the eatery notes that its Plant-Based Bakon King is free of animal ingredients, but features a patty which is cooked on the same grill as meat, meaning there is a risk of cross-contamination.

In addition, plant-based diners can tweak the Chicken Royale Bacon King and Bacon King (Single or Double) by replacing the meaty patties with animal-free alternatives, and swapping the cheese and bacon for vegan versions from Violife and La Vie.

Read full article

Which new vegan / plant based items are you looking forward to trying most? Is there more vegan goodness coming that I've missed? Comment below!
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Far cheaper and healthier to make your own soup.
    While the Vegan Royale Bakon King is fully certified, the eatery notes that its Plant-Based Bakon King is free of animal ingredients, but features a patty which is cooked on the same grill as meat, meaning there is a risk of cross-contamination. (edited)
    Might have some taste.
    My fear is that vegetarian stuff might get replaced by vegan stuff due to consolidations or whatever money saving excuse.
    I love my dairy stuff too much to give up.
    I think it has been happening for a while.

However, I dont really see the relevance to these products as they seem to be intending to increase their plant based range where there wasnt that much choice for even vegetarians to begin with.

Even if they do replace any current option, it's not exactly any authentic dairy original version that you'll be missing out on. Though a bit naff that there's no way of ordering a non-veganising a McPlant patty.

I appreciate it doesn't quite seem fair when there is only one vegetarian option to begin with and they replace that with some mock-meat vegan one.

And I do understand that some may complain with regard to the health impact of these vegan products.
    Heinz Creamy Tomato Soup (RRP £1.70) and Heinz Beanz and Vegan Sausages (RRP £2) are available to buy from Ocado from today and Sainsbury’s from January 8.

Rip off prices
    Author
    Yeah I don't like the vegan tax they put on vegan versions of foods either. Just hoping there will be reasonable "offer" prices on these which really is what they should be at RRP
    So the BK one is still not actually suitable for Vegans!
    Indeed, as it's cooked on the same grill as the meat, so only a plastic would eat it. (edited)
    £2 for a tin of baked beans with a few small sausages
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants