Groups

Vegetarian meal ideas, please HELP

We are having some friends round on friday for dinner, We are all having stew as i have got some steak to use up, just found out our friend is bringing his wife and she is vegetarian. I have no idea where to start so was hoping that some kind hukd's could help me with a tasty recipy. Rep waiting

16 Comments

Wafer thin ham?

You can buy some quorn mince and make the same - just quorn instead of steak in the vegetarian one. Make sure any stock you put in the veg one isn't meat derived as well.

Make up a stew but before you add the meat keep some aside and put Quorn peices in.

I agree with pp. Just use quorn its really quite nice. We eat it quite a lot.

Original Poster

good idea, good thinking everyone

We can't use Quorn as my daughters allergic to eggs so she can't eat it. But its just as easy to keep the mix without the meat and add some precooked kidney beans, butter beans or lentils (from a can or box from Sainsburys etc) and make a bean casserole.

jam sandwich for the veggie and steaks for the rest

If we are what we eat, then surely that goes for cows too, therefore when I eat beef am I not really eating grass, thus making me a vegitarian?

whatsThePoint;8646884

doesn't the grass eat/absorb the cowpats :whistling:

I'll never be able to look at another steak again:w00t:

and what about all the vegitables growing in soil that is fertilized that way!

a vege lasagne is always nice just swap the mince for corgettes, mushrooms, peppers etc

You could make a quiche or tartlet or something that can go with the veggies and potatoes you will be doing anyway - make it somehting that can fit in with the extras so the veggie doesn't feel too awkward.

http://speacialfeaturez.com/images/funny-pictures-vegetarian-cat-brings-in-a-kill.jpg

Or go on ebay and get a vege curry kit lol. Does the trick when i have to entertain vege guests. Will only be a couple of quid

:thumbsup:holland and barrett do beef style chunks make stew as normal then just add these, also morrisons do there own meat style chunks

Banned

what a pain, just give her the rest of the dinner minus the steak

Original Poster

Some good idea's , i new you lot were the ones to ask
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions