Found 2nd Nov 2009
Am getting a lil short on ideas for the "vegetarian option" for my girls...

The younger wont eat any meat or fish

The elder will only eat fish ( not meat )

My boys are carnivores!! Help!!

I need simple meal ideas that I can easily adjust for both the boys and girls....

40 Comments

I eat this ALL the time and love it.
Sweet potato mash with broccoli, sweetcorn, peas and carrots mixed into it. You could add/take away more vegetables and maybe add some Quorn for the girls if they eat that and meat for the boys? I used to have a lot of Grassington's products too but apparently they're no longer being stocked in any supermarket :-(

pesto pasta is a quick meal just cook pasta then add a jar of pesto, red or green very tasty and both my kids love it. You can fry bacon to add in for the boys.

I'm veggie i do a lot of meals for the family (who are not veggie) with the meat free mince shops own brands i find are nicer. Spag bowl, chilli and into the mexican kits at the mo!

lol why did they turn vegetarian ???

Original Poster

baffledsalmon;6761089

I eat this ALL the time and love it.Sweet potato mash with broccoli, … I eat this ALL the time and love it.Sweet potato mash with broccoli, sweetcorn, peas and carrots mixed into it. You could add/take away more vegetables and maybe add some Quorn for the girls if they eat that and meat for the boys? I used to have a lot of Grassington's products too but apparently they're no longer being stocked in any supermarket :-(

Sweet potato mash is lovely, I make hot cinammon butter to go with it, thanks for that, haven't made that for a while should go down well-- and they'll ALL eat it, whooppiiiee!

The girls wont eat Quorn.... I find it's not good with anything spicy, or maybe i'm just not good at cooking with it!

Original Poster

leilahfun;6761099

pesto pasta is a quick meal just cook pasta then add a jar of pesto, red … pesto pasta is a quick meal just cook pasta then add a jar of pesto, red or green very tasty and both my kids love it. You can fry bacon to add in for the boys.

Oh I love pesto and flat noodles but the girls don't like the taste. ( arghhh I know!! )

I may make it just for me and the boys though sometime xxx

I do make them pasta and tomato-based sauces.

Original Poster

aah96;6761105

Cos they're dreadfully fussy and idealistic and feel sorry for the " poor lil lambs"

DONT get any ideas you or your mum will tell me off :oops:

ClarityofMind;6761148

Cos they're dreadfully fussy and idealistic and feel sorry for the " poor … Cos they're dreadfully fussy and idealistic and feel sorry for the " poor lil lambs"DONT get any ideas you or your mum will tell me off :oops:

hahahaha i have thought about it before but then i actually thought about it and theres no point there there for eating lol or there wud be too many x x

Original Poster

aah96;6761192

hahahaha i have thought about it before but then i actually thought about … hahahaha i have thought about it before but then i actually thought about it and theres no point there there for eating lol or there wud be too many x x

Yeah!! Come tell my naughty ones that xx

aah96;6761105

Forget it mate!!! ;-)

ClarityofMind;6761148

Cos they're dreadfully fussy and idealistic and feel sorry for the " poor … Cos they're dreadfully fussy and idealistic and feel sorry for the " poor lil lambs"DONT get any ideas you or your mum will tell me off :oops:

:thumbsup:

dmh77;6761260

Forget it mate!!! ;-):thumbsup:

YEAAHHHH.......but look wt i put after that !!!! :x

Original Poster

dmh77;6761260

Forget it mate!!! ;-):thumbsup:

Hey hun, hope you're doing good ;-)

[COLOR="White"]( least she's back to school tomorrow lol )[/COLOR]

aah96;6761105

Her cooking's crap :-D

Had to say it sorry :oops:

waterloo;6761286

Her cooking's crap :-D

hahaha + rep !!:-D

Original Poster

waterloo;6761286

Her cooking's crap :-D Had to say it sorry :oops:

Ha! ..............prolly true................lol

Well I didnt kill 'em yet :-D

It's cool hun xxx

ClarityofMind;6761308

Ha! ..............prolly true................lolWell I didnt kill 'em yet … Ha! ..............prolly true................lolWell I didnt kill 'em yet :-D

Got a nice beef stew for my 2 but they are moaning about eating it already whats wrong with these kids:x

you could do some Quesadilla with cheese, peppers, onions ect boys could have ham or something added would be nice with rice and salad.

Linda Mcartney meals are half price @ Morrison's. Have got myself lasagne for work tonight

I make a meal using chicken condensed soup. I chop up a chicken breast, fry with onions, shrooms and a chicken stock cube, meanwhile I cook up a load of veggies (carrots, broc, baby sweetcorn etc) and a handful of pasta, once cooked I add them to the chicken with the tin of soup, with added milk as per can instructions, and simmer it for a while

This could easily be adapted, shroom soup, veggie stock cube and of course no chicken. You could even cook some chicken pieces separately and add them for those that want

ClarityofMind;6761274

Hey hun, hope you're doing good ;-)[COLOR="White"]( least she's back to … Hey hun, hope you're doing good ;-)[COLOR="White"]( least she's back to school tomorrow lol )[/COLOR]

Hiya com! :-D

I'm good thanks, you?

[COLOR="White"]Yeeeeeey!!![/COLOR]

Original Poster

waterloo;6761327

Got a nice beef stew for my 2 but they are moaning about eating it … Got a nice beef stew for my 2 but they are moaning about eating it already whats wrong with these kids:x

Argh!! Crazy isnt it!!

Original Poster

leilahfun;6761334

you could do some Quesadilla with cheese, peppers, onions ect boys could … you could do some Quesadilla with cheese, peppers, onions ect boys could have ham or something added would be nice with rice and salad.

That sounds delicious!! Ohhh loads of sour cream with it too x

Original Poster

ChipSticks;6761340

I make a meal using chicken condensed soup. I chop up a chicken breast, … I make a meal using chicken condensed soup. I chop up a chicken breast, fry with onions, shrooms and a chicken stock cube, meanwhile I cook up a load of veggies (carrots, broc, baby sweetcorn etc) and a handful of pasta, once cooked I add them to the chicken with the tin of soup, with added milk as per can instructions, and simmer it for a whileThis could easily be adapted, shroom soup, veggie stock cube and of course no chicken. You could even cook some chicken pieces separately and add them for those that want

That sounds absolutely delicious, will definitely try that!! Thank you hun xxx

Original Poster

darren9030;6761336

Linda Mcartney meals are half price @ Morrison's. Have got myself lasagne … Linda Mcartney meals are half price @ Morrison's. Have got myself lasagne for work tonight

Lasagna sounds great, I like spinach pasta loads xx

Original Poster

dmh77;6761361

Hiya com! :-DI'm good thanks, you? [COLOR="White"]Yeeeeeey!!![/COLOR]

I'm GREAT thank you babes xxxx :thumbsup:

[COLOR="White"]Mine went back today.......lol[/COLOR]

egg noodles (bit of proetien there) with veg ...ie a stir fry.

do some chicken and add it to the boys dishes.

Original Poster

magicbeans;6761457

egg noodles (bit of proetien there) with veg ...ie a stir fry. do some … egg noodles (bit of proetien there) with veg ...ie a stir fry. do some chicken and add it to the boys dishes.

I've already HAD dinner and this is making me hungry ... AGAIN!!

I've been veggie 30 years one of my favourite is a spinach and ricotta tart . steam a bag of spinach blend it add half a tub of ricotta cheese, a whisked egg and I always add some grated cheddar. make some readymade puff pastry into cases (no lid) and cook at 180 for 35- 40 mins.

[COLOR="White"]i think com & my mum think im stupid[/COLOR]

my daughter is a complete veggie (as am I) I make her mac and cheese and she loves it she also likes all the quorn products and I have just stated making her mushrooms done in a little olive oil and add straight to wok noodles, it is difficult as she is a picky eater - I have always been a vegetarian but she does not even like a lot of the vegetarian things, will not eat anything that is liquid, i.e. soup or beans or spagetti

Sloth/Mod

The back lawn.

Would be 2 birds...........1 stone :-D (Literally :lol: )

octobergirl;6762277

my daughter is a complete veggie (as am I) I make her mac and cheese and … my daughter is a complete veggie (as am I) I make her mac and cheese and she loves it she also likes all the quorn products and I have just stated making her mushrooms done in a little olive oil and add straight to wok noodles, it is difficult as she is a picky eater - I have always been a vegetarian but she does not even like a lot of the vegetarian things, will not eat anything that is liquid, i.e. soup or beans or spagetti

You made your daughter a veggie then ?

Original Poster

aah96;6761978

[COLOR="White"]i think com & my mum think im stupid[/COLOR]

I lol'd at this.

Whew she's at school today!!!

Hello my lovely aah

[COLOR="White"]We dont think you're stupid at all, we'd never type anything on a public forum that our kids couldnt see lol [/COLOR]

Original Poster

octobergirl;6762277

my daughter is a complete veggie (as am I) I make her mac and cheese and … my daughter is a complete veggie (as am I) I make her mac and cheese and she loves it she also likes all the quorn products and I have just stated making her mushrooms done in a little olive oil and add straight to wok noodles, it is difficult as she is a picky eater - I have always been a vegetarian but she does not even like a lot of the vegetarian things, will not eat anything that is liquid, i.e. soup or beans or spagetti

Sounds like your lil ones are as fussy as mine!!

I feel for you xx

Original Poster

Syzable;6762333

The back lawn.Would be 2 birds...........1 stone :-D (Literally :lol: )

Oh that joke was so bad I literally pressed my lips with my hand when I laughed!

Sloth/Mod

ClarityofMind;6766583

Oh that joke was so bad I literally pressed my lips with my hand when I … Oh that joke was so bad I literally pressed my lips with my hand when I laughed!

:-D

Original Poster

Syzable;6766665

:-D

Uncle Sy can tell em to eat meat... they wont listen to Mum lol

Sloth/Mod

ClarityofMind;6766695

Uncle Sy can tell em to eat meat... they wont listen to Mum lol

Meat is good. :-D

Original Poster

Syzable;6766709

Meat is good. :-D

Hey you made 24k and I didnt even notice!! Congrats!

I cant even rep at the moment lol

Sloth/Mod

ClarityofMind;6766717

Hey you made 24k and I didnt even notice!! Congrats! I cant even rep at … Hey you made 24k and I didnt even notice!! Congrats! I cant even rep at the moment lol

So i did. :w00t:

OMG, how sad am i??? :lol:

Original Poster

Syzable;6766732

So i did. :w00t:OMG, how sad am i??? :lol:

lol, I'm seriously catching you up

Besides its Christmas we HAVE to be here or we might miss a good deal :lol:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Is this laptop any good11