Veggie Breakfast Pack - £3 - Morrisons

Posted 3rd Nov
Cheapest veggie black pudding I can find.

"All you need for the perfect veggie cooked breakfast! All the taste of a classic cooked breakfast, with none of the meat.

Contains 2 slices of Vegetarian Square Sausage, 2 Veggie Link Sausages and 2 slices of Veggie Black Pudding.

Suitable for both vegetarians and vegans."

Tesco and Waitrose stock them too.

3323340-rpFCC.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

11 Comments
Thank you - this is a product that I did not know existed - hot from me!
Edited by: "cibarious" 3rd Nov
Veggie black pudding! I never knew it existed. But I must admit the double sausage combo is a bit boring, I assume it is aimed at the Scots?
IamMT03/11/2019 12:58

Veggie black pudding! I never knew it existed. But I must admit the double …Veggie black pudding! I never knew it existed. But I must admit the double sausage combo is a bit boring, I assume it is aimed at the Scots?

Depends if you think that instant noodles are aimed at the Japanese, I guess. 😁
piginabox03/11/2019 13:03

Depends if you think that instant noodles are aimed at the Japanese, I …Depends if you think that instant noodles are aimed at the Japanese, I guess. 😁

Well lorne is a v. Scottish thing, I doubt many in the South of England would know it. Ditto white pudding & a tattie scone!
IamMT03/11/2019 13:10

Well lorne is a v. Scottish thing, I doubt many in the South of England …Well lorne is a v. Scottish thing, I doubt many in the South of England would know it. Ditto white pudding & a tattie scone!

The "serving suggestion" should really include a tattie scone and a decent morning roll.
Edited by: "piginabox" 3rd Nov
bearing in mind black pudding is animal fat (pork / sheep) & rehydrated blood amongst other things, ...what is this curiosity?
(& its a good idea in my book, I make black pudding & much of it is veg based anyway).
Mr_Gus03/11/2019 13:37

bearing in mind black pudding is animal fat (pork / sheep) & rehydrated …bearing in mind black pudding is animal fat (pork / sheep) & rehydrated blood amongst other things, ...what is this curiosity?(& its a good idea in my book, I make black pudding & much of it is veg based anyway).

Personally I think it is because many vegetarians in the UK grew up eating meat & have fondness and yearning for such substitutes as a comfort. If we're honest it's the texture & salt that we identify with rather than that it's got some animal bits in it.
Yup, I love meat, yet Its the crust of the oatmeal that gets me chomping scottish recipe black pud every time.
@Mr_Gus - Speaking as an ex-omnivore, when I used to eat Black Pudding the blood was not rehydrated. It also has to be said that there was some real rubbish Black Pudding around.

@IamMT - I would suggest that it is texture and flavour rather than salt that is the clincher for veggie substitutes and, in the sausage department, that is why Cauldron sausages always come first.
Edited by: "cibarious" 3rd Nov
@cibarious that must have been some time ago as unless it's a tv chef doing a special, it's now always blood in treated powder form which we then rehydrate, ..due to health initiatives & prevent contaminants along the line, most of it comes from Holland as I recall.
Mr_Gus04/11/2019 00:04

@cibarious that must have been some time ago as unless it's a tv chef …@cibarious that must have been some time ago as unless it's a tv chef doing a special, it's now always blood in treated powder form which we then rehydrate, ..due to health initiatives & prevent contaminants along the line, most of it comes from Holland as I recall.

Certainly a while ago (25+ years) when, I guess, Health and Safety were not as paranoid and common sense was plentiful.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants