Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Vehicle transport delivery

Posted 11th Sep 2020
Hey people.

Theres a car I want to buy that's down south that I want to be delivered up north.

Anyone know any good price delivery firms to pick up the car and deliver?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
28 Comments
shiply or uship ?
Basically what the car put onto a truck and delivered
Where is it & where is it going?
Jump_Out_Gang11/09/2020 17:58

Where is it & where is it going?

Newport Retail Park,Seven Stiles Avenue,Newport,Gwent,NP19 4QR

To Oldham
Plenty doing this on eBay, average price is around £120.
BadMF11/09/2020 18:05

Plenty doing this on eBay, average price is around £120.

As in listings advertising delivery?
Yes, plenty for cars and motorbike, used one awhile ago to move a quad bike.
Edited by: "BadMF" 11th Sep
BadMF11/09/2020 18:15

Yes, plenty for cars and motorbike, used one awhile ago to move a quad …Yes, plenty for cars and motorbike, used one awhile ago to move a quad bike.

Send a link as an example please?
You literally have to type “car transport” into eBay

ebay.co.uk/itm…Zbw
Could you not take the train to Newport and then drive the car back? It wouldn't cost any more, it's mostly motorway so an easy drive (3hrs / 180miles), you could have a good look at the car before you buy and maybe test drive it as well.
Edited by: "Delbert.Grady" 11th Sep
Delbert.Grady11/09/2020 18:31

Could you not take the train to Newport and then drive the car back? It …Could you not take the train to Newport and then drive the car back? It wouldn't cost any more, it's mostly motorway so an easy drive (3hrs / 180miles), you could have a good look at the car before you buy and maybe test drive it as well.

Its a 6hr+ drive
dbzitb11/09/2020 18:47

Its a 6hr+ drive

? - Just over 3 hours on route planner (and that includes Friday evening on the M6!!!!!).
AC-ZEP-GEN-DC11/09/2020 19:19

? - Just over 3 hours on route planner (and that includes Friday evening …? - Just over 3 hours on route planner (and that includes Friday evening on the M6!!!!!).

As in a round trip...3 hrs to and 3 hrs back
Never buy a car unseen asking for trouble in my eyes.
Ask the dealer. I asked Toyota some 80+ miles away, they would bring it down for free if I'm 100% going to buy it.
MR112311/09/2020 20:38

Ask the dealer. I asked Toyota some 80+ miles away, they would bring it …Ask the dealer. I asked Toyota some 80+ miles away, they would bring it down for free if I'm 100% going to buy it.

Tried that they want £230...i think that's expensive tbh
They said it was £1 a mile.
So I calculated £189.
dbzitb11/09/2020 19:22

As in a round trip...3 hrs to and 3 hrs back

If it’s the car you want then that really isn’t a long way. I live in Cornwall and drove to Luton to get a car which or arrival was a shed and being sold by what I can only describe as a a bunch of dishonest fellows running a car depot. Having gone that far I being annoyed at the wasted trip we then dove on to Manchester and found a better model. Purchased it and then drove home. Spent about 19hrs on the road and made a day of it. Awesome trip, brilliant car and good funnies memories along the way. 3hrs each way is easy and you could make a trip of it.
dbzitb11/09/2020 17:59

Newport Retail Park,Seven Stiles Avenue,Newport,Gwent,NP19 4QRTo Oldham

I’m from Newport. I’ll do it for £100 plus petrol plus bus fare home.
I live in Dorset and bought my last car from a dealer in Doncaster. Made a day of it by train up there for the cost of around £40 and drove it home. Time taken about 7 hours. Would do it again for the right car.
jimbob128611/09/2020 22:34

I live in Dorset and bought my last car from a dealer in Doncaster. Made a …I live in Dorset and bought my last car from a dealer in Doncaster. Made a day of it by train up there for the cost of around £40 and drove it home. Time taken about 7 hours. Would do it again for the right car.

I'm in Oldham and we have strict lockdown measures.
Officials asking where we are going etc....so rather not tbh
But Oldham is down south!
Depending upon what you are paying another £200 or so for the dealer to arrange delivery is nothing really - would you pay that amount with free delivery included?

Surely you are not going to buy a car without first seeing it and test driving?
JimboParrot12/09/2020 07:29

Depending upon what you are paying another £200 or so for the dealer to …Depending upon what you are paying another £200 or so for the dealer to arrange delivery is nothing really - would you pay that amount with free delivery included?Surely you are not going to buy a car without first seeing it and test driving?

I partially agree!
I think it's bizarre!
But apparently....alot of people I do it.

The car is a 2018 pate and done less then 8k.
Will have a 24 month warranty also with a 7 or 14 day cooling off incase something isn't right and wish to return
Post a comment
@
    Text