Velux window pole useless where can I buy a better one?

Posted 28th Jan
I need to open a Velux window it's probably 3 meters high. I bought a pole that extends to 2 meters which I can reach the bar with the hook while standing... However the pole is extending and keeps slipping back inside, there is no way to lock it so useless. Suggestions please for better pole.

I don't want to change window to an electric one either.

This pole I bought... 3397114-FEspG.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Have you tried this?.

39786138-DmhNf.jpg
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 28th Jan
ScubaDudes28/01/2020 22:54

Have you tried this?.[Image]

This ^^^

It must have a locking mechanism otherwise it's completely useless.
I'll have a look at pole tomorrow to see if twists one way and locks into place... I was expecting it to click into place a bit like how the poles you get on kids trikes etc to push along.
We have this, never had any problems opening or closing velux windows, had for over 2years
Many extension poles are twist lock.

You can buy extending poles cheaply enough, e.g. argos have a 2m painter's pole for £6
argos.co.uk/pro…381

But do you need a specific hook for those windows as you've mentioned the brand name, and is the hook on your current pole using a standard fitting so you can swap it over?
EndlessWaves29/01/2020 09:48

Many extension poles are twist lock.You can buy extending poles cheaply …Many extension poles are twist lock.You can buy extending poles cheaply enough, e.g. argos have a 2m painter's pole for £6https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4189381But do you need a specific hook for those windows as you've mentioned the brand name, and is the hook on your current pole using a standard fitting so you can swap it over?

Im going practice more and hopefully it twist locks... If no use it go back to Amazon, no good if keeps slipping inside and won't stay extended
Russ8529/01/2020 07:41

We have this, never had any problems opening or closing velux windows, had …We have this, never had any problems opening or closing velux windows, had for over 2years

That one only extends to 180cm... I def need least 200cm I'm only just reaching the hook with 200cm I got and I def need the one I got to click into place. I'll figure out something... This rate as wooden pole with a hook on that will grab rail be better.
I've checked pole again, no it doesn't twist and lock it's just spinning down... Pole going back.
Can't you extend the pole then with a mallet slightly squash the 2 poles where they overlap making then oval in shape then the twisting action of one pole will tighten it inside the other pole, maybe??
is it the actual one in the pictures?? as that looks like it has a sprung pin that would have to 'pop back out' into the outer pole section?? does it have holes like the picture ? or not?

also is you do have the rotate to tighten version, if you have inadvertantly unscrewed it first (or maybe it arived like that) it may not automatically screw back in, try closing it up fully, then rotating it (you would then effectively be sort of bushing the thread back into the 'nut section' its a sort of nut and bolt system that expands when they tighten, but all different designs, just thinking ive had one before that sort of fell apart so needed to be restarted on the thread,
Hope this makes some sort of sense
IWANTBLUE29/01/2020 12:05

is it the actual one in the pictures?? as that looks like it has a sprung …is it the actual one in the pictures?? as that looks like it has a sprung pin that would have to 'pop back out' into the outer pole section?? does it have holes like the picture ? or not?also is you do have the rotate to tighten version, if you have inadvertantly unscrewed it first (or maybe it arived like that) it may not automatically screw back in, try closing it up fully, then rotating it (you would then effectively be sort of bushing the thread back into the 'nut section' its a sort of nut and bolt system that expands when they tighten, but all different designs, just thinking ive had one before that sort of fell apart so needed to be restarted on the thread, Hope this makes some sort of sense

It's not working at all, I've got workman here finishing off my bathroom and he said it's useless as I said have a fiddle to get that to work. I've ordered a different one... Will return other.
Mum2CerysCiaran29/01/2020 12:11

It's not working at all, I've got workman here finishing off my bathroom …It's not working at all, I've got workman here finishing off my bathroom and he said it's useless as I said have a fiddle to get that to work. I've ordered a different one... Will return other.

no worries, but was it that one ? is it comletely solid tubes? or holes like in the pic?

Edit it's ok I found the one you have , and it's a rotary like we said so I suspect if it doesnt work its come undone like I said, if you remove the pole you may well then tip out the lower inner section and refit it... certainly worth a try even if returning..

as above I bought a painters pole and fitted my own construction to make it fit and hook. so its waaaaay better quality than the type you have and a little cheaper too. good luck
Edited by: "IWANTBLUE" 29th Jan
IWANTBLUE29/01/2020 12:27

no worries, but was it that one ? is it comletely solid tubes? or holes …no worries, but was it that one ? is it comletely solid tubes? or holes like in the pic?Edit it's ok I found the one you have , and it's a rotary like we said so I suspect if it doesnt work its come undone like I said, if you remove the pole you may well then tip out the lower inner section and refit it... certainly worth a try even if returning..as above I bought a painters pole and fitted my own construction to make it fit and hook. so its waaaaay better quality than the type you have and a little cheaper too. good luck

no worries, but was it that one ? is it comletely solid tubes? or holes …no worries, but was it that one ? is it comletely solid tubes? or holes like in the pic?Edit it's ok I found the one you have , and it's a rotary like we said so I suspect if it doesnt work its come undone like I said, if you remove the pole you may well then tip out the lower inner section and refit it... certainly worth a try even if returning..as above I bought a painters pole and fitted my own construction to make it fit and hook. so its waaaaay better quality than the type you have and a little cheaper too. good luck

1588958651580303257.jpg

It's no big deal to return, it's free, I've ordered another and hope for better luck. I don't like windows up this high!
12548701561580303143.jpg
The one that's now arrived is great, much better to use, extends and locks but still crazy nearly £30 for a pole lol
Mum2CerysCiaran01/02/2020 17:43

The one that's now arrived is great, much better to use, extends and locks …The one that's now arrived is great, much better to use, extends and locks but still crazy nearly £30 for a pole lol

Can you not install it vertically in the corner of your bedroom when you’re not using it!
39814395-RZrpU.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants