Verbatim 1tb external drive Play.com £39.99 - Brush off email

9 replies
Found 29th Jul 2010
Just got my brush off email from for Play. Anyone else order one of these in good faith and not have it delivered?

Did anyone actually get one?

Don't know what happened to the post for this one. Was it deleted?

9 Comments

Original Poster

Dear [hotyoda]

We are writing in regards to your order for Verbatim 1TB USB 2.0 External Desktop Hard Drive

We have been advised that this item has been removed from sale and is no longer available, therefore it is with regret that we are unable to fulfil your order. Your outstanding order for this item has been cancelled, please note that your card has not been charged.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused in this matter and we would like to thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards

Play.com

At least they had the courtesy to send you a brush off Email. I ordered a watch from Play after seeing a good offer on here on 20th July. Logged into my Play.com account to check on its progress yesterday and spotted they had Cancelled the order on 27th July. I'm still waiting for my email to inform me of this.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28

What has ordering in good faith got to do with it? You ordered they can't … What has ordering in good faith got to do with it? You ordered they can't or won't supply. Either accept it or don't shop with them again. There are far worse retailers out ther than PLAY IMHO.

To be fair, this is the first time they have done it to me....but they have still done it. If a retailer gets it wrong they should make up for it in some small way e.g. give voucher. That'd keep the customer happy. Good for customer and good for them in future orders. They shouldn't just say 'stuff you' which seems to be the norm.

Also, they say 1 customer made unhappy tells 10 more! Just doing my bit!

tinkerbell28

What has ordering in good faith got to do with it? You ordered they can't … What has ordering in good faith got to do with it? You ordered they can't or won't supply. Either accept it or don't shop with them again. There are far worse retailers out ther than PLAY IMHO.

Nicely done

Banned

Stop moaning, you haven't been charged anything so there's nothing to cry about

Original Poster

And crikey...why don't they have an email address for complaints?

Original Poster

Paddy Charlie

Stop moaning, you haven't been charged anything so there's nothing to cry … Stop moaning, you haven't been charged anything so there's nothing to cry about

It's my party....

hotyoda

And crikey...why don't they have an email address for complaints?

Post one here for email addy's

Your text here

Original Poster

deb8z

Post one here for email addy'sYour text here

Thanks (right...flex fingers)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking to travel from belfast44
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?77