Groups

Vermaelen red card appeal dismissed

1 match ban with immediate effect, so he can take the missus out shopping on Saturday!!

9 Comments

does he not get an extra game ban.....i thought if you appeal and lose the appeal then you get an extra game..

thats what happened to rio

Abz;8184666

does he not get an extra game ban.....i thought if you appeal and lose … does he not get an extra game ban.....i thought if you appeal and lose the appeal then you get an extra game..thats what happened to rio

That's what I thought, isn't it 2 games for a red card (2 yellows) and 3 for a straight red and then 1 for a lost appeal, Rio served a 4 match ban didn't he?

greg_68;8184704

That's what I thought, isn't it 2 games for a red card (2 yellows) and 3 … That's what I thought, isn't it 2 games for a red card (2 yellows) and 3 for a straight red and then 1 for a lost appeal, Rio served a 4 match ban didn't he?

yeah he did....so according to law he should serving a 3 match ban....but come on this is the FA....if its not a utd player then the rules dont apply

Banned

Only for violent conduct charges. It was a straight red for stopping a goal scoring opportunity unfairly in the penalty area, not for punching him in the face.

Hkem;8184721

Only for violent conduct charges. It was a straight red for stopping a … Only for violent conduct charges. It was a straight red for stopping a goal scoring opportunity unfairly in the penalty area, not for punching him in the face.

its just that on the radio the other day they were talking about how arsenal would cope with campbell and silvestre for the next few games....thats why i thought he misses a couple of games.........

Hkem;8184721

Only for violent conduct charges. It was a straight red for stopping a … Only for violent conduct charges. It was a straight red for stopping a goal scoring opportunity unfairly in the penalty area, not for punching him in the face.

Exactly....Verm was sent off for obstructing a goal scoring oppurtunity (although tbh it was very harsh as Franco did not have controll of the ball) so its a 1 match ban....the extra match would have been applied for a stupid appeal like Utds was seen to be for Rio (although it was a clever one as it allowed him to play a game he wasnt supposed to be until appeal was held) Verm will not recived this as the appeal was founded and not just to get him to play in an extra game

I don't understand how this wasn't overturned, wasn't even a foul let alone a red card. It wasn't increased to 2 games because the FA only increase for frivelous appeals, for example when Ferdinand attacked another player off the ball, was later banned and then for some reason appealed.

Arsenal Fan;8184823

I don't understand how this wasn't overturned, wasn't even a foul let … I don't understand how this wasn't overturned, wasn't even a foul let alone a red card. It wasn't increased to 2 games because the FA only increase for frivelous appeals, for example when Ferdinand attacked another player off the ball, was later banned and then for some reason appealed.

I think he appealed so his ban start date was delayed and he could then play in the Carling Cup Final didn't he

greg_68;8184837

I think he appealed so his ban start date was delayed and he could then … I think he appealed so his ban start date was delayed and he could then play in the Carling Cup Final didn't he

He appealed so the ban could not start until the appeal hearing took place...it was so he could play in the semi's against city....they knew he would get the extra ban but by lodging the appeal he could play while they waited for the hearing..another example of a very shrewd Sir Alex
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions