Vertical stand with charging dock or tower with charging dock. PS4 Slim

Posted 13th Feb
Hi
I have just bought my 7 year old grandson a PS4 slim.
I would love to read your recommendations on whether to buy these vertical cooling/charging stands?
Buy just a cooling unit? - keep the console horizontal.
Games Tower with dual charger or separate controller charger station.

It’s a minefield to me and I’ve been looking at so much stuff on google, that I am plain and simply confused
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
I don't think you need to buy either. What makes you think you do? I have had all console iterations over the years and never had any issues with cooling. As for charging, if you are thinking about controller charge, you could either buy a longer than standard charge cable that can be used whilst playing and/ or a second controller kept charged whilst the other is in use. It's a matter of opinion but I think you would negatively effect the look of the console attaching a cooling unit too it.
Thank you for your reply.
I have been reading that the PS4 slim heats up and it’s best to keep it cooled. So I looked on eBay etc and it came up with lots of vertical stands, fans etc.
Then most of them had charging ports.
I did like the game tower and charger. It’s in Argos for £24.99. Does anyoneTower recommend it?
joan.hendry13/02/2020 12:04

Thank you for your reply. I have been reading that the PS4 slim heats up …Thank you for your reply. I have been reading that the PS4 slim heats up and it’s best to keep it cooled. So I looked on eBay etc and it came up with lots of vertical stands, fans etc. Then most of them had charging ports. I did like the game tower and charger. It’s in Argos for £24.99. Does anyoneTower recommend it?

That sounds like a fault though doesn’t it. Selling something that you then have to buy a third party device for to keep cool. That doesn’t help your dilemma I know. If it were me I wouldn’t buy into the scaremongering. Keep it dust free and on a well ventilated base such as a shelf or cabinets rather than carpet.
Thank you
I recommend the charging station for the ps4...got my 10 year old one at Xmas...he likes that it’s compact...holds his games and charges 2 controllers for him..I managed to source it on amazon for £15.
joan.hendry13/02/2020 12:04

Thank you for your reply. I have been reading that the PS4 slim heats up …Thank you for your reply. I have been reading that the PS4 slim heats up and it’s best to keep it cooled. So I looked on eBay etc and it came up with lots of vertical stands, fans etc. Then most of them had charging ports. I did like the game tower and charger. It’s in Argos for £24.99. Does anyoneTower recommend it?

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants