Spend £50 + get £20 back in your account
Use code MJX6A At checkout.
Community Updates
Misc
21 Comments
New or exsisting customers?
KingNav36021st Jul

New or exsisting customers?

Not sure, I’m an existing customer, got a pair of already reduced Adidas bounce £53 for £33 👌
Thanks for that eafer. Will give it a go shortly.

I find Very to be very good in the years I have used them. No issues at all, and some good bargains to be had when sales on are.
eafer.armstrong2 h, 10 m ago

Not sure, I’m an existing customer, got a pair of already reduced Adidas b …Not sure, I’m an existing customer, got a pair of already reduced Adidas bounce £53 for £33 👌

The £20 cant be used on sale items
Remember Very have history of reversing codes would only use them sent via email or on the site.
Would not touch Very if they were offering £50 off £50 spend. Worst company online. Would like be to see them go under.
deeky21st Jul

Isn't your sanity worth more than £20. Read then decide.

I wouldn't take trust pilot that serious.
Not many people go too that site to post postitve feedback. If a company upset me, I'd go out my way to leave it negative feedback. But if I got the service I'd expect from a company, I wouldn't really go out my way to notify others. As you'd expect that level of professionalism.

Edit; been with very for a few years. No issue, returns went well and refund was a few days.
Edited by: "kos1c" 22nd Jul
kos1c1 h, 20 m ago

I wouldn't take trust pilot that serious. If a company upset me, I'd go …I wouldn't take trust pilot that serious. If a company upset me, I'd go out my way to leave it negative feedback

Exactly my point. All those 43% of over 10k reviews have been upset by Very. Just because satisfied people don't bother to leave positive reviews, that doesn't mean you can discount the appalling reviews that you can see. People don't write those poor reviews because they are happy with the service they have received. They leave the reviews to warn others about the treatment they have received. They wouldn't leave them for spite if they were happy.

But like I said, you crack on with them. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Edited by: "deeky" 22nd Jul
deeky44 m ago

Exactly my point. All those 43% of over 10k reviews have been upset by …Exactly my point. All those 43% of over 10k reviews have been upset by Very. Just because satisfied people don't bother to leave positive reviews, that doesn't mean you can discount the appalling reviews that you can see. People don't write those poor reviews because they are happy with the service they have received. They leave the reviews to warn others about the treatment they have received. They wouldn't leave them for spite if they were happy. But like I said, you crack on with them. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

34456793-gTz26.jpg34456793-NS7yX.jpg

Going by the 1 star out of 5 isn't really showing the full colour of your point.
42% of 11,089 is 4658 1 star reviews.
7% is 766 poor reviews
7% is 766 average reviews
10% is 1109 great reviews
33% is 3670 perfect reviews

The difference in 1 star and great is 9%
The difference in 1 star + poor against great and perfect is 6%

Every company is going to have a nightmare experience some point in its life. Because someone else experienced it doesn't mean you will as well

Very have been a great experience for me, as above they've cancelled orders, accepted a refund on a faulty Bluetooth speaker, and refunded the postage, product cost and the full insurance costs. There was no delay and no hoops I had to jump through.

The speaker was a UE boom2.

Hell, Argos told me to go speak to UE before they'd accept a refund on my UE megaboom the day after purchase. So I had to spend 3 days getting a response and acknowledgement off my claim from UE before I got a refund of over £150 (had insurance on my item, speaker was £130).

Should I warn everyone not to buy from Argos because they made me jump through hoops to get a refund? No, because you may not have that same outcome, as I did.
kos1c7 m ago

Should I warn everyone not to buy from Argos because they made me jump …Should I warn everyone not to buy from Argos because they made me jump through hoops to get a refund? No, because you may not have that same outcome, as I did.

Yes you should. That's what reviews sites are for. They're not just for sucking up to companies that have given you good service.

I just hope you never have to go through what I, and others as you can read, had to go through.

If my posting the Trustpilot link in every Very thread saves just one person from a shopping nightmare then I'm happy.

They are truly appalling. They are ranked 1,867 out of 1,876 for a reason.
deeky7 m ago

Yes you should. That's what reviews sites are for. They're not just for …Yes you should. That's what reviews sites are for. They're not just for sucking up to companies that have given you good service.I just hope you never have to go through what I, and others as you can read, had to go through. If my posting the Trustpilot link in every Very thread saves just one person from a shopping nightmare then I'm happy.They are truly appalling. They are ranked 1,867 out of 1,876 for a reason.

34456927-2FRyp.jpg
Reviews like this really help everyone.

I accept you've had bad experience. And all you're doing is warning others of a bad experience. Which is a good cause.

I've had good experience and I'm allowed to do the exact same as you but tell people it isn't all that bad. But my case I've shown fair examples while you've told me to crack on.

And the whole 1867 out of 1867 is for fashion and clothes. Again the site doesn't do enough to make it fair. A company with 100% positive feedback and only 200 feedback posts in total is ranked higher as it has 100% feedback.

So 11,000+ feedback Vs 200 isn't really a fair balance (go back to my previous post to see Verys 5 star reviews are in the 4000+ range).
Also don't forget that trustpilot can delete your reviews good or bad if it doesn't fit their terms. Also companies can block or request proof of purchase to disable or temporary pending your posts.

Had that before with trust pilot a good handful of times (higher review scores for deleting low star reviews).
My experience if Very is -
Used new customer discount to get Galaxy S7 at launch for 20% off on 12 months BNPL. Decided phone wasn't for me returned it no problem. Rang them and asked for my account to be closed, no problem.
As a new customer once again, preordered SNES Classic Mini using £30 back on first credit order of £60, no problem, got SNES Mini on release day, paid £53.98 inc delivery.
Very send me £20 off £50 spend code which I use to preorder Super Mario Odyssey plus a £3.xx item to make the order £50, used free Click & Collect this time, was ready for me to collect on release day, paid £30.xx.
They send me 20% off code which I consider using to buy a new phone but didn't end up doing.
Recently recieved another £20 off £50 code in the post which I used to preorder Pokémon: Let's Go! Eevee! Poké Ball Plus bundle on 9 months BNPL, Click & Collect wasn't available so ordered for home delivery then went on live chat where they agreed to refund the £3.99 delivery charge as a goodwill gesture, £54.99 to pay by March 2019
kos1c53 m ago

[Image] Reviews like this really help everyone. I accept you've had bad …[Image] Reviews like this really help everyone. I accept you've had bad experience. And all you're doing is warning others of a bad experience. Which is a good cause.I've had good experience and I'm allowed to do the exact same as you but tell people it isn't all that bad. But my case I've shown fair examples while you've told me to crack on. And the whole 1867 out of 1867 is for fashion and clothes. Again the site doesn't do enough to make it fair. A company with 100% positive feedback and only 200 feedback posts in total is ranked higher as it has 100% feedback. So 11,000+ feedback Vs 200 isn't really a fair balance (go back to my previous post to see Verys 5 star reviews are in the 4000+ range).

Ok, a quick example. I ordered 2 Amazon Echo Shows, and paid by Paypal. They cancelled them without informing me (irrelevant, yes, but just another example of their shoddiness) but I didn't get refunded. I phoned every day for nearly a month to ask where my refund was. I received many different excuses including 'the system needed to be upgraded to do a Paypal refund' I was passed from department to department, I was promised countless callbacks which I never received. I was not allowed to speak to a manager. After 28 days waiting, I received the following email from a 'no-reply' email address:

34457533-sBySs.jpg
That's it. No explanation about if or when I would ever receive my refund and no right to reply. It was that email that prompted me to open an 'item not received' claim with PayPal. I received my refund a week later via PayPal. The fact that they duplicated the refund a week later was a small consolation for all the hassle, lies and broken promises I had endured.

Is that bad enough for you?
Edited by: "deeky" 22nd Jul
kos1c52 m ago

Also companies can block or request proof of purchase to disable or …Also companies can block or request proof of purchase to disable or temporary pending your posts.

Which doesn't apply to Very as they haven't responded to a single review, either positive or negative, which is an indication about how much they care.
deeky25 m ago

Ok, a quick example. I ordered 2 Amazon Echo Shows, and paid by Paypal. …Ok, a quick example. I ordered 2 Amazon Echo Shows, and paid by Paypal. They cancelled them without informing me (irrelevant, yes, but just another example of their shoddiness) but I didn't get refunded. I phoned every day for nearly a month to ask where my refund was. I received many different excuses including 'the system needed to be upgraded to do a Paypal refund' I was passed from department to department, I was promised countless callbacks which I never received. I was not allowed to speak to a manager. After 28 days waiting, I received the following email from a 'no-reply' email address:[Image] That's it. No explanation about if or when I would ever receive my refund and no right to reply. It was that email that prompted me to open an 'item not received' claim with PayPal. I received my refund a week later via PayPal. The fact that they duplicated the refund a week later was a small consolation for all the hassle, lies and broken promises I had endured.Is that bad enough for you?

All the hassle that I've just read that you had deeky would have had steam coming out of my ears...if I'd received an email like that, my head would have exploded I'm happy you got two refunds, but, like you say, small consolation...I would have been after blood
Edited by: "maccy1" 22nd Jul
maccy131 m ago

All the hassle that I've just read that you had deeky would have had steam …All the hassle that I've just read that you had deeky would have had steam coming out of my ears...if I'd received an email like that, my head would have exploded

Nope, calm as owt, me

maccles, you have no idea how smug that extra £180 made me feel I was like a dog with 2 didges

Oh, and Brucie bonus time:

34458115-VYanL.jpg
deeky56 m ago

Ok, a quick example. I ordered 2 Amazon Echo Shows, and paid by Paypal. …Ok, a quick example. I ordered 2 Amazon Echo Shows, and paid by Paypal. They cancelled them without informing me (irrelevant, yes, but just another example of their shoddiness) but I didn't get refunded. I phoned every day for nearly a month to ask where my refund was. I received many different excuses including 'the system needed to be upgraded to do a Paypal refund' I was passed from department to department, I was promised countless callbacks which I never received. I was not allowed to speak to a manager. After 28 days waiting, I received the following email from a 'no-reply' email address:[Image] That's it. No explanation about if or when I would ever receive my refund and no right to reply. It was that email that prompted me to open an 'item not received' claim with PayPal. I received my refund a week later via PayPal. The fact that they duplicated the refund a week later was a small consolation for all the hassle, lies and broken promises I had endured.Is that bad enough for you?

Gearbest did the same to me. I went to PayPal right away while I waited for gearbest to get back to my 4th email (was less than a week from my first email I opened my PayPal case).

If any company tries to play you about from the get go. Report it to your bank or mode of payment (PayPal in this case).

I've had really bad service with companies. Hell, I've even been called an a****** by one company which I forced them to give me compensation for it.

Vodafone are my worst company to deal with as I've almost filed multiple court cases again them for breach of contract and miss selling of services.
I'm still with them (as I usually get hundreds of my bill every year), you just got to know when and how to complain for these goodwill gestures.

So those payments do out weigh the stress as I'm getting free data/mins etc every so often. (Past 3 months I've had over £90 off my bill and a free sure signal that I sold for £45).

So I've seen both sides. So I fully understand where you're coming from.

Fortunately for me, very has been a good experience. While unfortunately it's been a nightmare for you.
deeky4 m ago

Nope, calm as owt, me maccles, you have no idea how smug …Nope, calm as owt, me maccles, you have no idea how smug that extra £180 made me feel I was like a dog with 2 didges Oh, and Brucie bonus time:[Image]

Oh I have, I know exactly how you felt...because, I'd have felt like that too
deeky59 m ago

Which doesn't apply to Very as they haven't responded to a single review, …Which doesn't apply to Very as they haven't responded to a single review, either positive or negative, which is an indication about how much they care.

Exactly. That's my point. Other companies with higher rating to Very could have used that cheap tactic to boost their rating up the board.

I know over clockers UK did to me. They tried multiple times to remove my 1 star avoid their service feedback. Then I was given an I box request and manage to solve my problems with them in the end.

There was a few other companies that out right deleted my review based on it offended their company when it didn't. But I was given a review has been deleted email.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants