Very £50 off new credit accounts

Posted 16th Dec 2019
Has anyone else had it where they applied for a new credit account to get the £50 off (using code PAQ96), had the balance updated straight away with the discount yet when the money comes out of account the full amount is taken and the £50 discount is then ignored?

I ordered yesterday and I suppose foolishly decided to pay the remaining £85 there and then, email confirmation showed I had paid £85 but now bank statement shows I have paid out £135 instead
Community Updates
9 Comments
You ordered something worth £135 and then paid off £85 of it . But your back statement shows you paid £135 at very?
Just making sure I understand. Has the item been dispatched yet ?
So the price of the item was £135 before discount. So once code was applied it took it down to £85.

Bank statement is showing pending transaction of £135 when I was expecting £85 but item hasn't been dispatched yet
I used the same code for a new account, and quite possible the same things as you yesterday... I paid the remaining off via PayPal

Very account says:
PayPal charged £138
Credit to PayPal £50

PayPal account says:
PayPal charged £88
A lot of people report issues with Very still billing them the full amount and not taking off the 50.
some people call them to get the 50 discount added back on.

It worked fine for me when i did, but I noticed over black friday a lot of people had issues with the 50 credit not working right.
I contacted them and apparantly it will correct itself at the time of the order being sent so will keep my fingers crossed, have a transcript of the chat with them anyway so makes it easier if have to go back to them
As far is I know they refund 50 back to the card from which payment was made from. At least that’s what people reported back during Black Friday deal
Igor_Polanski16/12/2019 19:21

As far is I know they refund 50 back to the card from which payment was …As far is I know they refund 50 back to the card from which payment was made from. At least that’s what people reported back during Black Friday deal

Ok thanks
To finish this one off, £50 was credited back today
JWeldo20/12/2019 14:31

To finish this one off, £50 was credited back today

Can confirm. Hope everyone got theirs as well
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions