Very Account accepted / declined

Found 22nd Jun 2016
Hi guys,
It is the first time i am using Very and i needed some input on the matter.

I opened up a credit account yesterday to buy the LG G5 and it went through. I received and email confirmation with £600 credit limit

However, today i received another email stating that my order was cancelled and my credit balance went back down to zero.

Yesterday i tried to pay for it using debit card but mobile web didnt have the option so i couldnt.

Can they do that? Do a credit check, accept and then suddenly reverse and decline it the next day? I have an email confirming the credit of £600.

I am very confused here...
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments
basically initially they do a soft search which just gives them a rough idea as to your credit then later on they do a full search - this happens quite often if you google it - people get accepted on the soft search and then rejected on the full search so you fell into that middley bit
and yeah they can reduce your credit at any time for any reason they see fit, they are not obligated to lend people money.
ibblackberry1

and yeah they can reduce your credit at any time for any reason they see … and yeah they can reduce your credit at any time for any reason they see fit, they are not obligated to lend people money.

Same with a credit card. Even your bank can close your account at any time and not give a reason. In this instance, it's likely that the thorough search flagged something they didn't like as rabbitnangel said - it may be worthwhile for you to have a look at your own credit file to see if there's something inaccurate on there.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions