Groups

Very and the poor service.

Here is the contents of my email I sent them:
    I wish to express my dissatisfaction with your customer services.

My order was delivered and when I collected it I found it to me wrong.
    Instead of a £69.00 item you sent me a £200 Xbox.

Being a good honest person I called to discuss and make arrangements for its return. I suggested a credit of some sort should be added as a good will gesture.

What I got from Dean was immediate collection of the incorrect item the following day and my original item would be delivered to me within 5 working days and I would have to pay P&P?

Is this the way to “reward” new and honest customers who could have profited at your expense? To make me wait and then charge me for the privilege?
    It would pay to next time say nothing as it costs the customer financially otherwise.

Shocked by the service I have received.
    **they have since waived the delivery charge, hahaha.
    Seems it is best not to say anything at all.

15 Comments

Should have waited for them to contact you; I know I do.

This behaviour is not exclusive to very,i cashed a float cheque at the Clydesdale bank,i asked the cashier to put this in an envelope.later on I discovered they had gave me £600 more,i phoned them to advise and was told to bring it back straight away as I was liable for it!

Original Poster

guess it pays to be dishonest. Joke

Honesty doesn't pay anymore. I'd have kept the Xbox until they realised (or hopefully didn't)

How noble of them to waive the postage charge (!)

Seem strange to ask for a goodwill gesture though. They either reciprocate your goodwill, or they don't, otherwise it's not really goodwill any more imo. Still think it's mean though.

Original Poster

asking for a goodwill gesture is one of those things as in most cases if you don't ask you don't get.

moneysavingkitten

How noble of them to waive the postage charge (!)Seem strange to ask for … How noble of them to waive the postage charge (!)Seem strange to ask for a goodwill gesture though. They either reciprocate your goodwill, or they don't, otherwise it's not really goodwill any more imo. Still think it's mean though.

asking for a goodwill gesture is one of those things as in most cases if you don't ask you don't get.

patriot20001

asking for a goodwill gesture is one of those things as in most cases if … asking for a goodwill gesture is one of those things as in most cases if you don't ask you don't get.asking for a goodwill gesture is one of those things as in most cases if you don't ask you don't get.

I would disagree with that, more likely if you ask they think "the cheeky so and so" and then you don't get.

You say you're an honest person, so why would you want a good will gesture?

You did what you thought was right. So you can sleep easy.

Also, lots of grammar errors.

benjammin316

You say you're an honest person, so why would you want a good will … You say you're an honest person, so why would you want a good will gesture? You did what you thought was right. So you can sleep easy. Also, lots of grammar errors.

honesty pays...isnt literally meant as cash. ..its about doing the right thing making your world a better and more honest place.

Original Poster

benjammin316

You say you're an honest person, so why would you want a good will … You say you're an honest person, so why would you want a good will gesture? You did what you thought was right. So you can sleep easy. Also, lots of grammar errors.

Thanks for the reply, I shall order a fc*ki&g English for Dummies if I see an offer on HUKD.

patriot20001

Thanks for the reply, I shall order a fc*ki&g English for Dummies if I … Thanks for the reply, I shall order a fc*ki&g English for Dummies if I see an offer on HUKD.

Good idea, I'll send you one as a goodwill gesture. Just send me £100 first.

What is wrong with people these days expecting compensation for every minor error. Sad times

patriot20001

asking for a goodwill gesture is one of those things as in most cases if … asking for a goodwill gesture is one of those things as in most cases if you don't ask you don't get.asking for a goodwill gesture is one of those things as in most cases if you don't ask you don't get.

Or in your case, if you do ask you don't get.

Comment

teh arn

Should have waited for them to contact you; I know I do.

Didn't you have a similar sort of thing a while ago? I maybe wrong

I would of kept the Xbox regardless!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions