Groups

Very Annoyed

A work man has let my HOUSE pedigree kitten out and its nowhere to be seen within a quarter of a mile. Took day off work because of this now and ive looked everywhere.

Thought i'd let abit of anger out on here! Might put a deal request in for you lot to try find me the cheapest stress ball and punch bag.

Any advice what i should do!!!!!!!! Sue the workman? He let himself in the landing to use the mains socket while i was at work and left the door open.

ARGH!!!!!!

33 Comments

First thing I'd do is change the thread title, unless you want an infraction!

Admin

Babbabooey;5433451

First thing I'd do is change the thread title, unless you want an … First thing I'd do is change the thread title, unless you want an infraction!

+1, sorry to hear that OP, changed your title

Where do you live?

You can put up posters for lost kittens locally.

Call around anywhere that might take a kitten in, RSPCA,Cat Sanctuary,Vets etc,someone might have found it and handed it in.

You should told the workman you had a kitten and to make sure it didn't escape.I'm surprised the kitten left the garden,they usually stick closer to home when fairly young.

Original Poster

What are the chances of it coming back on its own accord out of 10?

To top it off shes not been neutered yet which i was going to do this month aswel as not been chipped or registered at the vets. Couldnt get any worse.

I didnt let the work man in my mum came around and let him in at 8am as i dont wake up till 10:30 as i dont start work till 11. I guess she presumed he wont come right into the house to use the mains.

p.s sorry about the title

She should be reasonably close surely. Hopefully she will follow her scent back when she is very hungry.

My mates mum has lost her kittens recently. They came back seperately, but when it was dark. They appeared a few times, but would only go near her! Other people scared them off.

I hope you your kitty real soon - you must be very worried

did the workman have permission to be in your house in the 1st place? or has he just taken advantage?

J4GG4;5433480

What are the chances of it coming back on its own accord out of 10?To top … What are the chances of it coming back on its own accord out of 10?To top it off shes not been neutered yet which i was going to do this month aswel as not been chipped or registered at the vets. Couldnt get any worse.p.s sorry about the title

Being a kitten and if not been let out often probably not very good.
    Not that I've owned a kitten before but I know others who have and kept them to their garden and gradually grown more confident of letting them out for longer without them observing etc.

If she pedigree,wouldn't surprise me if someone taken her

I be ever so upset myself,hope she turns up.

Banned

did you tell him not to let the cat out? Or is he psychic

One of my cats disapeared one afternoon, so I know how you are feeling.

She returned of her own accord a day and a half later thankfully, By that time I had already registered on some missing pet websites and was about to put up posters.

I would sit tight, I would fully expect to see her return within a day or two. Fingers crossed for you.

The chances of her coming back by herself are really high - think positive. Cats have an exceptional homing ability, and kittens love to explore. When he/she get hungry then they'll be back.
    There's no point venting your anger at the workman - unless you explained the situation beforehand, then teh thought of kittens escaping would have been the last thing on his mind.
    How long has kitty been missing now? Look closer to home, I don't think it'd roam too far.
    Good luck

J4GG4;5433480

What are the chances of it coming back on its own accord out of 10?To top … What are the chances of it coming back on its own accord out of 10?To top it off shes not been neutered yet which i was going to do this month aswel as not been chipped or registered at the vets. Couldnt get any worse.I didnt let the work man in my mum came around and let him in at 8am as i dont wake up till 10:30 as i dont start work till 11. I guess she presumed he wont come right into the house to use the mains.p.s sorry about the title

If the cat has been living at your home for over a month, you will have much more likely chance of it coming home. They have this homing ability if they have lived somewhere for a significant amount of time, or so I have been told.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5433508

Being a kitten and if not been let out often probably not very good.Not … Being a kitten and if not been let out often probably not very good.Not that I've owned a kitten before but I know others who have and kept them to their garden and gradually grown more confident of letting them out for longer without them observing etc.If she pedigree,wouldn't surprise me if someone taken her :(I be ever so upset myself,hope she turns up.

Great positive thinking. I'm sure this really cheered the OP up.

Let us know if she comes back or someone hands her in.

csiman;5433517

did you tell him not to let the cat out? Or is he psychic

LMFO yeah i know!

I'd also go knock on doors in your road and ask about too,describe your cat,if she stands out then someone might recall seeing her last.

i would have thought the kitten wouldnt be to far they normally stay pretty close to home sit tight they might be hiding because they are scared wait to it quitens down and then they will appear fingers crossed

bluedave;5433552

Great positive thinking. I'm sure this really cheered the OP up.

I'm all for encouraging + thinking but she did ask,so I'm just giving my opinion,op will know how her cat as been outside in garden,I know people who said theirs not venture far when watching them and keep very close to the back door and stuff until they get older.

Do you live in a house or a flat. I'm confused, the workman let himself in on the landing. I presume this is a flat and your Mum let him in the main door, why was your flat door not locked?

Check under the car? Cats love to hide under cars....

do you live near a railway line?

Banned

J4GG4;5433480

I didnt let the work man in my mum came around and let him in at 8am as i … I didnt let the work man in my mum came around and let him in at 8am as i dont wake up till 10:30 as i dont start work till 11.

Um... as a one off could you not have put a little effort in and got up 2 hours earlier? Or have I misread the quoted section?

branchinghenk;5433706

do you live near a railway line?

haha, perhaps its on its way across the country now.

probably went first class on your expense too.

Im sure it will come back, they normally do.

op, my british blue shorthair pedigree kitten (now a cat ..) was staying at my aunts house 30 miles away when i went on holls a few years ago. after a couple of days it disappeared, only to return 3days later. it was a blimmin long wait (tho no-one told me it'd gone awol) but hopefully, ur kitten will come back too. lets hope its sooner than 3 days. as long as nobody offers it food, it will come back when hungry. its obvious i know, but look around in ppls gardens-if it was me, i know id be desperate to find it and would prob trespass onto peoples property without permission either! good luck - please keep us posted.

what breed is it (just being nosey)?

good luck. let us know what happens. fingers crossed x

Original Poster

Shes come back just now. Im surprised she did actually. Not sure where she went but shes being all touchy touchy with me as if to say she missed me lol. Next time someone comes around to do some work on the house i will take the day off work. The workman didnt have permission to come into the house to use the mains he was working on the front door frame. I had the door leading to the front door closed for this reason. Anyway it could of been worse so im lucky i guess. Off to get her neutered chipped now so i will start letting her out regularly now. Shes 11 months old but very small as shes a certain breed.

oh sweetie, i'm so sorry this happened. I hope your kitty comes back soon of her own accord.

make some flyers with her pic on and your mobile number maybe someone nice will find her and bring her home x x

J4GG4;5434890

Shes come back just now. Im surprised she did actually. Not sure where … Shes come back just now. Im surprised she did actually. Not sure where she went but shes being all touchy touchy with me as if to say she missed me lol. Next time someone comes around to do some work on the house i will take the day off work. The workman didnt have permission to come into the house to use the mains he was working on the front door frame. I had the door leading to the front door closed for this reason. Anyway it could of been worse so im lucky i guess. Off to get her neutered chipped now so i will start letting her out regularly now. Shes 11 months old but very small as shes a certain breed.

Aww glad she come back.
    Workman probably need to plug in a power tool or something so didn't think be problem coming in,couldn't blame if he he didn't know she was about.
    Hope she not on heat cos she may have conceived and you need to know before she gets a op so maybe out that part off or something for now.

J4GG4;5434890

Shes come back just now. Im surprised she did actually. Not sure where … Shes come back just now. Im surprised she did actually. Not sure where she went but shes being all touchy touchy with me as if to say she missed me lol. Next time someone comes around to do some work on the house i will take the day off work. The workman didnt have permission to come into the house to use the mains he was working on the front door frame. I had the door leading to the front door closed for this reason. Anyway it could of been worse so im lucky i guess. Off to get her neutered chipped now so i will start letting her out regularly now. Shes 11 months old but very small as shes a certain breed.

oh I'm so pleased!!! ignore my previous post lol

thought she might well done

Banned

vibeone;5433795

Um... as a one off could you not have put a little effort in and got up 2 … Um... as a one off could you not have put a little effort in and got up 2 hours earlier? Or have I misread the quoted section?

big lol

Great news for you! Well done little kitty for getting home on it's first venture out!

:-D:-Dwell done kitty on venturing back!

post a pic of kitty..go on!...:p

well done on her coming home a bet your pleased glad she,s safe
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2635
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2241
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346

See more discussions