Very BNPL

Posted 11th Jan
I took out the BNPL promotion cash back with very and the £120 has been applied to my account but when I go to pay in the BNPL section it says I have to pay the full amount of £729 ? So is the promotion amount not applied to the BNPL ? I don’t want to have to pay £729 and have the account £120 in credit ? Am I doing something wrong ?
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
How long has it been since you ordered? It can sometimes take a month or two to actually go onto the credit
The credit has been applied but the BNPL section of account says the full amount still needs to be paid ? So does the credit not go straight to the BNPL ? Or am I being totally thick
allly0411/01/2020 22:02

The credit has been applied but the BNPL section of account says the full …The credit has been applied but the BNPL section of account says the full amount still needs to be paid ? So does the credit not go straight to the BNPL ? Or am I being totally thick

Sometimes it can take a month or two to actually be applied fully. Try contacting Very and they might be able to update it
Does the balance still show £729?

Sometimes can be down to the fact the latest generated statement may not have taken it in to effect.

Did you get an email to say the credit was applied, you normally do I believe.

Normally credit is applied about 2 months after purchase.
Have you bought anything else off Very BNPL before that item?
Yes got the amount absolutely no problem but has been credited to main account and not BNPL account ?? I’m presuming they’re separate ??
powerbrick11/01/2020 22:14

Have you bought anything else off Very BNPL before that item?

Yes but been paid in full
allly0411/01/2020 22:15

Only asked beacuse if you still have BNPL outstanding it takes the discount off the oldest item not the one you have just bought.
I find it often takes a full billing cycle for the balances to update and correct themselves.

Make sure, however, you keep an eye on the BNPL dates like a hawk. 1 day late and the interest fees are HUGE
allly0411/01/2020 22:15

When you paid it in full online did you allocate the payment to the Buy Now Play Later transaction?

If you didn't you need to call up Very or Online chat & get them to allocate your payment to the item you BNPL purchase.
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 11th Jan
allly0411/01/2020 22:14

Yes got the amount absolutely no problem but has been credited to main …Yes got the amount absolutely no problem but has been credited to main account and not BNPL account ?? I’m presuming they’re separate ??

i think people have said before they had this problem and had to call very to ask that they move the credit to the BNPL account.
it is a stupidly complicated system, hoping to catch people out who do not check and just assume everything will work fine, like it always does.
Wait for your next statement, it will show what you owe (minus the credit).
powerbrick11/01/2020 22:18

Only asked beacuse if you still have BNPL outstanding it takes the …Only asked beacuse if you still have BNPL outstanding it takes the discount off the oldest item not the one you have just bought.

This as well.

Quite good as when they give me a £30 off a 60 spend.

The 60 goes on and extends for 12 months for that alone, then when the 30 comes off, it takes it off the oldest BNPL amount thus rolling it on nicely.

If you get Very right, it can be good.
mutley111/01/2020 23:14

i think people have said before they had this problem and had to call very …i think people have said before they had this problem and had to call very to ask that they move the credit to the BNPL account. it is a stupidly complicated system, hoping to catch people out who do not check and just assume everything will work fine, like it always does.

Thank you I will call them
Go onto the chat. I had this the other day with a payment I made, it was allocated to my account instead of to the balance. Took 3 minutes to sort it out.
Mines the same just had £340 cashback applied for a laptop and the bnpl says 800 amount owed says 460, it updates on your next statement date
I use my wife's very as I never get offers on mine. The letter she got yesterday was a £30 off £60. But the £30 won't be added til 12th March (i think). I remember a while back it used to take off straight away almost but the last couple of times she's received an offer, there is a delay in the promo being added.
Mark_Hickman12/01/2020 12:25

Mines the same just had £340 cashback applied for a laptop and the bnpl …Mines the same just had £340 cashback applied for a laptop and the bnpl says 800 amount owed says 460, it updates on your next statement date

Thank you. I’ll check the next statement
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions