Very customer service returns.

Posted 16th Nov
I bought a new dishwasher, got delivered today from very. It doesn't work all the water is just flooding the kitchen.
Rang very up to ask for a return as I'm not waiting weeks for them to send someone out to look at it. Such rude customer service started telling me if it isn't broke and I'm lying they will send it back out to me and charge me again for delivery. I asked her again if this is true and she said yes.
I've got to try package this up now. Don't know how we going to do this :/
I've taken pictures to show I've not damaged it
My first order ever with Very.
Not impressed.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Bargainhead16/11/2019 20:30

Never had a problem with very cs have always been very good... I don’t see …Never had a problem with very cs have always been very good... I don’t see the problem you know the machine is broke so you won’t get it sent back to you or charged delivery...

Well you're very, very lucky.

psychobitchfromhell16/11/2019 21:42

Don't let @deeky see this. Very are his favourite company.

I despise them with every fibre of my being.
spyro12316/11/2019 22:34

I haven't paid anything for it yet. Just annoyed me. And my dishes need …I haven't paid anything for it yet. Just annoyed me. And my dishes need washing Never had customer service like that before. What has happened with you and very then?

My review largely explains my issue.

I bought £600 (paid by Paypal) of electrical goods on a 'buy 2 save £100' offer. Very cancelled them without telling me. I only found out when I checked the tracking. I called to ask why and they said they were out of stock. I checked the website and found that they were still showing as in stock but without the 'buy 2 save £100' offer. I called again to complain and was told to order again and that the £100 would be refunded. Like a fool I believed them (I hadn't read these reviews then).

Of course the £100 refund didn't materialise despite about 20 phone calls. Promise after promise. No refund, No callbacks. Nothing. In the end I returned them unopened and was refunded for them. However, I was still waiting for the £600 refund for the original, cancelled order. Same again, promse after promise, excuse after excuse. Promised a cheque for the refund (cheque? Somebody please tell very that it's 2019. I didn't pay by cheque, why do I have to be refunded by cheque?) which never came.

The worst part was, after weeks of lies, excuses and being fobbed off, I received an email from a no-reply email address which simply said:

'Dear Mr *******

Good day,

Thank you for your recent communication regarding your refund request.

We regret to inform you, the refund request has been rejected as this is a cash order.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

Nazley Hartley

No explanation of how or when I would receive my refund. Absolutely unbelievable. In the end I had to open a claim with Paypal which was settled in my favour and I received a full refund.

Advice to anyone who still decides to use Very even after reading these thousands of appalling reviews: ONLY PAY BY PAYPAL, then at least you will have someone on your side when the crap hits the fan AND IT WILL!

Surely it's only a matter of time before the watchdogs catch up with Very. I find it hard to believe that they can continue to treat customers in this diabolical way and keep getting away with it.

Also, I can't help but laugh at Very's pathetic, scrambling attempts to get 1 star reviews removed by Trustpilot. No fewer than 42 out of 55 reviews flagged by Very have been put back online: as if it makes any difference

EDIT: Martin - I'm not in the least bit interested in anything you or your colleagues have to say. Your words here mean absolutely nothing, they are merely copy and paste comments designed to make people think you care, where it's perfectly clear that you don't. After all, why would you send me a link to your live chat when I have already spent countless hours on there being lied to, fobbed off, laughed at and cut off?
I am fortunate enough to have been able to close my account - I just wanted to do my bit to warn others of the nightmare that is dealing with Very.

I ended up opening a PayPal claim and was refunded in a week or two. The fact that they refunded me nearly £200 too much only slightly lessened the sour taste in my mouth..
Edited by: "deeky" 16th Nov
27 Comments
Are you sure its setup right and water connected with rubber seal definitely in place at water connection ?
If your not 100% competent then id get it double checked before you go through all the hassle of trying to send it back, if it gets damaged in transit because its not packaged adequately and it works when they test it, you will be recieving it back and still getting charged for a damaged item
Mark_Hickman16/11/2019 20:04

Are you sure its setup right and water connected with rubber seal …Are you sure its setup right and water connected with rubber seal definitely in place at water connection ?If your not 100% competent then id get it double checked before you go through all the hassle of trying to send it back, if it gets damaged in transit because its not packaged adequately and it works when they test it, you will be recieving it back and still getting charged for a damaged item

The water is coming from underneath the dishwasher not the hose?
spyro12316/11/2019 20:06

The water is coming from underneath the dishwasher not the hose?

Have you checked its not running down the back from the hose and then running underneath, or have you got it out and checked the hose whilst its running ?
Mark_Hickman16/11/2019 20:11

Have you checked its not running down the back from the hose and then …Have you checked its not running down the back from the hose and then running underneath, or have you got it out and checked the hose whilst its running ?

Yes triple checked for a hour.
It's a brand new hose with a brand new seal.
Never had a problem with very cs have always been very good... I don’t see the problem you know the machine is broke so you won’t get it sent back to you or charged delivery...
spyro12316/11/2019 20:15

Yes triple checked for a hour.It's a brand new hose with a brand new seal.

Have you checked the hose is clear and no blockage... does sound like user error.
spyro12316/11/2019 20:15

Yes triple checked for a hour.It's a brand new hose with a brand new seal.

Ok i was just trying to help and save you a huge headache, just one last thing, it doesn't have a debris filter on the front or underneath does it like a washing machine ? If so that could be loose
Mark_Hickman16/11/2019 20:37

Ok i was just trying to help and save you a huge headache, just one last …Ok i was just trying to help and save you a huge headache, just one last thing, it doesn't have a debris filter on the front or underneath does it like a washing machine ? If so that could be loose

No lol. Thanks for help. I was more wondering about the customer service side.
The owner will need to be able to categorically indicate / prove the source of the leak if not wanting to expose themselves to "user error" claims/costs by the supplier, which likely will be not easy to achieve unless there is a glass floor or multiple stilts available. Although the supplier holds the consumer obligations it may be worth considering contacting the manufacturer who may show some gesture of goodwill by arranging a prompt home visit to check the installation at no charge.
Whatever decision you make, you can still reject for any reason up to 14 days after receipt but if rejecting for effectvely change of mind you may have to pay the return shipping just to get rid, but that may be cheaper than having to pay two lots of shipping if you return it to supplier as faulty but it is subsequently not found to have a fault and it is returned to you, plus you would still have to find the cause of the presumably still present user error.
Just an option suggestion.
AndyRoyd16/11/2019 21:08

The owner will need to be able to categorically indicate / prove the …The owner will need to be able to categorically indicate / prove the source of the leak if not wanting to expose themselves to "user error" claims/costs by the supplier, which likely will be not easy to achieve unless there is a glass floor or multiple stilts available. Although the supplier holds the consumer obligations it may be worth considering contacting the manufacturer who may show some gesture of goodwill by arranging a prompt home visit to check the installation at no charge. Whatever decision you make, you can still reject for any reason up to 14 days after receipt but if rejecting for effectvely change of mind you may have to pay the return shipping just to get rid, but that may be cheaper than having to pay two lots of shipping if you return it to supplier as faulty but it is subsequently not found to have a fault and it is returned to you, plus you would still have to find the cause of the presumably still present user error. Just an option suggestion.

They try sending it back to me they can get *#@! I won't accept it.
Thanks for info
You really need to find the source of the leak - or it is most likely it will come back to you as 'user error'. If you can return it with the messages that it is leaking from "the pump" or "*this seal or that" it is much harder for someone to prove user error. Back it up with photos and /or videos. I've never had an issue with very, and I've returned a few things. They may sound a bit 'brusque' but that's more the CS rep than policy. It's pretty standard to earn you that an unjustified return will be sent back to you at your own expense - too many people are using mail order companies as lending libraries now.
Bargainhead16/11/2019 20:30

Never had a problem with very cs have always been very good... I don’t see …Never had a problem with very cs have always been very good... I don’t see the problem you know the machine is broke so you won’t get it sent back to you or charged delivery...

Well you're very, very lucky.

psychobitchfromhell16/11/2019 21:42

I despise them with every fibre of my being.
deeky16/11/2019 22:05

Well you're very, very lucky. I despise them with every fibre of my being.

I would never have guessed
spyro12316/11/2019 20:58

No lol. Thanks for help. I was more wondering about the customer service …No lol. Thanks for help. I was more wondering about the customer service side.

You don't need to wonder, just read the reviews then hope, hope, that you get your money back. Then never look at their website again.
Very upsetting.

Floods of tears.
deeky16/11/2019 22:08

You don't need to wonder, just read the reviews then hope, hope, that you …You don't need to wonder, just read the reviews then hope, hope, that you get your money back. Then never look at their website again.

I haven't paid anything for it yet.
Just annoyed me. And my dishes need washing
Never had customer service like that before.

What has happened with you and very then?
deeky16/11/2019 22:05

Well you're very, very lucky. I despise them with every fibre of my being.

I read the reviews they are shocking!!
spyro12316/11/2019 22:44

I read the reviews they are shocking!!

You'll hear people say, as above, that they've never had any problems. That's great. For them. You'll also here them say 'don't believe everything you read'. I've had dealings with them and I can virtually guarantee you that those reviews are genuine. Some of them would be ridiculous if they were made up, they're so unbelievable.

I haven't paid anything for it yet. Just annoyed me. And my dishes need …I haven't paid anything for it yet. Just annoyed me. And my dishes need washing Never had customer service like that before. What has happened with you and very then?

My review largely explains my issue.

I bought £600 (paid by Paypal) of electrical goods on a 'buy 2 save £100' offer. Very cancelled them without telling me. I only found out when I checked the tracking. I called to ask why and they said they were out of stock. I checked the website and found that they were still showing as in stock but without the 'buy 2 save £100' offer. I called again to complain and was told to order again and that the £100 would be refunded. Like a fool I believed them (I hadn't read these reviews then).

Of course the £100 refund didn't materialise despite about 20 phone calls. Promise after promise. No refund, No callbacks. Nothing. In the end I returned them unopened and was refunded for them. However, I was still waiting for the £600 refund for the original, cancelled order. Same again, promse after promise, excuse after excuse. Promised a cheque for the refund (cheque? Somebody please tell very that it's 2019. I didn't pay by cheque, why do I have to be refunded by cheque?) which never came.

The worst part was, after weeks of lies, excuses and being fobbed off, I received an email from a no-reply email address which simply said:

'Dear Mr *******

Good day,

Thank you for your recent communication regarding your refund request.

We regret to inform you, the refund request has been rejected as this is a cash order.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

Nazley Hartley

No explanation of how or when I would receive my refund. Absolutely unbelievable. In the end I had to open a claim with Paypal which was settled in my favour and I received a full refund.

Advice to anyone who still decides to use Very even after reading these thousands of appalling reviews: ONLY PAY BY PAYPAL, then at least you will have someone on your side when the crap hits the fan AND IT WILL!

Surely it's only a matter of time before the watchdogs catch up with Very. I find it hard to believe that they can continue to treat customers in this diabolical way and keep getting away with it.

Also, I can't help but laugh at Very's pathetic, scrambling attempts to get 1 star reviews removed by Trustpilot. No fewer than 42 out of 55 reviews flagged by Very have been put back online: as if it makes any difference

EDIT: Martin - I'm not in the least bit interested in anything you or your colleagues have to say. Your words here mean absolutely nothing, they are merely copy and paste comments designed to make people think you care, where it's perfectly clear that you don't. After all, why would you send me a link to your live chat when I have already spent countless hours on there being lied to, fobbed off, laughed at and cut off?
I am fortunate enough to have been able to close my account - I just wanted to do my bit to warn others of the nightmare that is dealing with Very.

I ended up opening a PayPal claim and was refunded in a week or two. The fact that they refunded me nearly £200 too much only slightly lessened the sour taste in my mouth..
deeky16/11/2019 22:50

My review largely explains my issue.I bought £600 (paid by Paypal) of …My review largely explains my issue.I bought £600 (paid by Paypal) of electrical goods on a 'buy 2 save £100' offer. Very cancelled them without telling me. I only found out when I checked the tracking. I called to ask why and they said they were out of stock. I checked the website and found that they were still showing as in stock but without the 'buy 2 save £100' offer. I called again to complain and was told to order again and that the £100 would be refunded. Like a fool I believed them (I hadn't read these reviews then).Of course the £100 refund didn't materialise despite about 20 phone calls. Promise after promise. No refund, No callbacks. Nothing. In the end I returned them unopened and was refunded for them. However, I was still waiting for the £600 refund for the original, cancelled order. Same again, promse after promise, excuse after excuse. Promised a cheque for the refund (cheque? Somebody please tell very that it's 2019. I didn't pay by cheque, why do I have to be refunded by cheque?) which never came.The worst part was, after weeks of lies, excuses and being fobbed off, I received an email from a no-reply email address which simply said:'Dear Mr *******Good day,Thank you for your recent communication regarding your refund request.We regret to inform you, the refund request has been rejected as this is a cash order.We apologise for any inconvenience caused.Thank you for your time.Kind Regards,Nazley HartleyNo explanation of how or when I would receive my refund. Absolutely unbelievable. In the end I had to open a claim with Paypal which was settled in my favour and I received a full refund.Advice to anyone who still decides to use Very even after reading these thousands of appalling reviews: ONLY PAY BY PAYPAL, then at least you will have someone on your side when the crap hits the fan AND IT WILL!Surely it's only a matter of time before the watchdogs catch up with Very. I find it hard to believe that they can continue to treat customers in this diabolical way and keep getting away with it.Also, I can't help but laugh at Very's pathetic, scrambling attempts to get 1 star reviews removed by Trustpilot. No fewer than 42 out of 55 reviews flagged by Very have been put back online: as if it makes any difference EDIT: Martin - I'm not in the least bit interested in anything you or your colleagues have to say. Your words here mean absolutely nothing, they are merely copy and paste comments designed to make people think you care, where it's perfectly clear that you don't. After all, why would you send me a link to your live chat when I have already spent countless hours on there being lied to, fobbed off, laughed at and cut off?I am fortunate enough to have been able to close my account - I just wanted to do my bit to warn others of the nightmare that is dealing with Very.I ended up opening a PayPal claim and was refunded in a week or two. The fact that they refunded my nearly £200 too much only slightly lessened the sour taste in my mouth..

Glad you got extra! Happy ending.

Oh, and just in case you end up paying for it and you've opted for BNPL. Your £3.99 delivery charge (or whatever it is) will most likely be on a separate account than the dishwasher. You're not supposed to notice this and then when you just pay something off the dishwasher part, because you didn't pay anything off the delivery charge they will call default and slap hundreds of pounds of interest on.
deeky16/11/2019 22:57

Oh, and just in case you end up paying for it and you've opted for BNPL. …Oh, and just in case you end up paying for it and you've opted for BNPL. Your £3.99 delivery charge (or whatever it is) will most likely be on a separate account than the dishwasher. You're not supposed to notice this and then when you just pay something off the dishwasher part, because you didn't pay anything off the delivery charge they will call default and slap hundreds of pounds of interest on.

Oh that's bad.
I hope watchdog do catch up with them!
spyro12316/11/2019 23:00

Oh that's bad. I hope watchdog do catch up with them!

Watch this space

39007927-0cSnq.jpg
deeky16/11/2019 23:04

Watch this space [Image]

I'm still reading these reviews! Good I hope they shut down.
None of this is any different to all the Chinese sites posted on here, different experiences for everyone. I personally had no issues with very but issues with other companies and others most likely vice-versa.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants