Very faulty returns policy?

Found 2nd FebEdited by:"LordKelly"
Hi,

I bought a Nutri Ninja blender from Very last week (£140) and was delivered on Sat. So its 6 days old. A few days ago the safety feature on the blender to turn it on would not click back into place. Tried everything and now have to stand there and hold it down to activate it.

Phoned Very to ask for a replacement as its only 6 days old and they refused saying i have to send it back and have them test it ( around 14 days) and then only if it is deemed faulty would they then send me a replacement.

Told them i was not happy about this and said it be easier to send it back and re order it. As would get the new one on Monday. It's actually now cheaper so with everything i was annoyed by all this and just asked for a refund and buy it elsewhere so asked when would that be processed. They said again it would take up to 14 days however if they see the item is not faulty and it's either my faulty or works correctly they would then resend the item back to me. And charge me the price i paid for it.

I have tried looking on their website and cannot see anything that states this. It's only 6 days old. I said to the person on the phone if you bought a tv and it did not work you would not be happy waiting for it to be tested before getting a refund. You would either want a replacement or a refund. He agreed but said that's the policy.

Can they do this? I wish i bought it at Amazon now but it was slightly cheaper and pay nothing for 6 months at Very.

Any advice would be great
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
It's up to the seller to prove it wasn't faulty at the time of purchase, it's not for you to prove until the item is 6 months or older.
Send it back for refund, you overpaid for it anyway click, see it as a blessing in disguise.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 3rd Feb
Someone has posted it for £99 so id return for a refund
Yes I seen it's gone down. Have ordered a new one on Amazon as it's better service there. Thanks will go back with that info.
I checked Very's terms and conditions and you have 14 days to cancel the order and send it back from when you have received it.
28 days to return an unused item instead.

The fact you have opened the packaging and have used the item is irrelevant as distance selling regulations apply; you can very well still cancel the order.
Edited by: "hearts22" 2nd Feb
I've experienced you can't get a replacement at Very, it seems to be send it back and order again.
Just send it back , they will test it and refund you . Then repurchase somewhere else . Very is not like a high street store where you walk in show you’re faulty goods and they hand you a new product if it’s a few months old . Some retailers after 6 months will actually send it back to the manufacturers for repairs or replace .
If it was 6 months old I would say ok. But it's 4 days old
hearts222nd Feb

I checked Very's terms and conditions and you have 14 days to cancel the …I checked Very's terms and conditions and you have 14 days to cancel the order and send it back from when you have received it. 28 days to return an unused item instead.The fact you have opened the packaging and have used the item is irrelevant as distance selling regulations apply; you can very well still cancel the order.

Which regulations state you can use items then return for a refund? Dsr doesn't allow returns of used items.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants