Very important ecological/eviromental question(s)...

24 replies
Found 21st Jun 2010
Do I put the cardboard milk cartons with a plastic lid in the brown bin or the blue bin? Can I put ANY plastic recyclabubble stuff into the brown bin or just bottles and cans? When using a public lavatory, after washing my hands do I use the hand drier or a paper towel? Which is more enviromentally disasterous?!?!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
24 Comments

What in gods name is a blue and brown bin? We only have black, silver and green here.

Oh, and don't wash your hands, simples

Original Poster

Anyone? The bin men come tomorrow and I don't want an evirmental fine for putting things in the wrong bin...

Original Poster

sancho1983;8888489

What in gods name is a blue and brown bin? We only have black, silver and … What in gods name is a blue and brown bin? We only have black, silver and green here.Oh, and don't wash your hands, simples

Silver???!!! Weird...

Blue for paper n card, Brown for bottles and cans, Black for general waste, Pink for Garden waste and some places trialing little green boxes for food waste.

Pull the plastic cap off and put it in cardboard recycling and after washing your hands wipe them on your trousers!!

Original Poster

sweetas2009;8888572

Pull the plastic cap off and put it in cardboard recycling and after … Pull the plastic cap off and put it in cardboard recycling and after washing your hands wipe them on your trousers!!

But the screw on bit is still plastic! and handprints on trousers is not a good look...

ei8hty5ive;8888617

But the screw on bit is still plastic! and handprints on trousers is not … But the screw on bit is still plastic! and handprints on trousers is not a good look...

After taking cap off push down hard, twist then pull, the plastic bit should come off. Depends on how much difference you think it will really make to the environment:?

Original Poster

sweetas2009;8888720

After taking cap off push down hard, twist then pull, the plastic bit … After taking cap off push down hard, twist then pull, the plastic bit should come off. Depends on how much difference you think it will really make to the environment:?

I want to be at peace with the earth (and the bin police at the council) and I don't want to be damned to hell for destroying the world for not putting the correct plastic in the right box and for not switching off the little standby light on my TV...!

ei8hty5ive;8888798

I want to be at peace with the earth (and the bin police at the council) … I want to be at peace with the earth (and the bin police at the council) and I don't want to be damned to hell for destroying the world for not putting the correct plastic in the right box and for not switching off the little standby light on my TV...!

:?

Original Poster

angelfairee;8888809

:?

I think this heat is getting to me...

Banned

Don't buy the plastic top ones.

Banned

put it all in the neighbours bin, dont sort it

ei8hty5ive;8888835

I think this heat is getting to me...

I think you need to step awaaaaaay from the bins. You've clearly been inhaling too many...rubbish fumes? I don't know.

I think it's bed time.

Original Poster

jubbyme;8888857

put it all in the neighbours bin, dont sort it

I like it!!! It'll be payback for the one time they swapped their wonky lidded blue bin for our immaculate and disinfected one!! Grrr.

Original Poster

angelfairee;8888868

I think you need to step awaaaaaay from the bins. You've clearly been … I think you need to step awaaaaaay from the bins. You've clearly been inhaling too many...rubbish fumes? I don't know.I think it's bed time.

Are you offering me a night cap??? I can never tell with your comments, there always seems to have some innuendo involved...

Banned

How lucky we are, no bins just black and clear bags, and no actual bother about just shoving it all in the black bags

ei8hty5ive;8888874

I like it!!! It'll be payback for the one time they swapped their wonky … I like it!!! It'll be payback for the one time they swapped their wonky lidded blue bin for our immaculate and disinfected one!! Grrr.

Do you have some sort of bin fetish?

We have silver - paper, plastic, glass black, everything else

ei8hty5ive;8888882

Are you offering me a night cap??? I can never tell with your comments, … Are you offering me a night cap??? I can never tell with your comments, there always seems to have some innuendo involved...

I'm too tired for innuendo tonight. Are you coming to bed or what?

Original Poster

jubbyme;8888890

How lucky we are, no bins just black and clear bags, and no actual bother … How lucky we are, no bins just black and clear bags, and no actual bother about just shoving it all in the black bags

For how long? Isn't the whole of the UK getting all the bins soon?!

Original Poster

angelfairee;8888913

I'm too tired for innuendo tonight. Are you coming to bed or what?

Nah, I'm gonna watch the footy highlights dear...

Banned

ei8hty5ive;8888920

For how long? Isn't the whole of the UK getting all the bins soon?!

if so, expect them to keep disappearing, and suffering spontaneous combustion around here :-D, and cost a fortune in new bins each week

same happens now they charge to take old tv's and mattress, every street corner has a nice fresh batch every monday, in time for the binmen

ei8hty5ive;8888930

Nah, I'm gonna watch the footy highlights dear...

You're going to bed with the bins, aren't you?!

Just for your info...we have lots of bins. I bet you're jealous. We've got a black bin for rubbish, a black box for tins and glass, another black box for newspapers, a blue bag for cardboard, a green bin for garden waste and a little green food bin.

So there!

Original Poster

angelfairee;8888953

You're going to bed with the bins, aren't you?!Just for your info...we … You're going to bed with the bins, aren't you?!Just for your info...we have lots of bins. I bet you're jealous. We've got a black bin for rubbish, a black box for tins and glass, another black box for newspapers, a blue bag for cardboard, a green bin for garden waste and a little green food bin.So there!

I love it when you talk dirty...

Banned

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/18/article-0-0A18AE43000005DC-667_634x421.jpg

why bother?

ei8hty5ive;8888965

I love it when you talk dirty...

If you're really lucky one day I'll tell you all about the plastic bottle recycling scheme.

Night!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4074
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions