Very new customer account

Posted 9th Feb
Does anyone know if there is a good offer on becoming a new customer ? I want to order some curtains that are £100 and appreciate any offers that are on thanks
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
i got shafted when i became a new very customer as the new customer credit account code that gave £50 off £100 spend took a lot of effort to claim. they did cough up after i phoned them and had a long conversation to explain that they had overcharged me.

they have now sent me a £20 off £50 spend but i am not sure i want to buy anything from them from my bad experience with them.
If you don’t want voucher felel free to pass in lol
i remember when i joined years ago they had 20% off anything for new customers even electronics no minimum spend. bought a expensive gaming laptop already in the sale and pretty sure i dented their profits they swiftly stopped that deal not long after.
sambond197509/02/2020 13:16

If you don’t want voucher felel free to pass in lol

the code is unique to my account as it is to encourage me to make a purchase as i haven't done so since my first purchase as a new customer so it won't work for you.

the letter specifically states that the code can only used for my account number and that they would charge me the full amount but that they would credit me back with £20. from my experience with them, you have to call them and ask for the credit and they would only give you the credit back if you used the code in accordance with all the terms and conditions that come with the code.
Ok thank you
I have to say that I've never had issues with their cashback offers. They've always done so exactly when they say they will. I've also been lucky and not had any BNPL whoopsie's but I can see how so many people do - the site is NOT user friendly at all!
markmc99909/02/2020 14:13

I have to say that I've never had issues with their cashback offers. …I have to say that I've never had issues with their cashback offers. They've always done so exactly when they say they will. I've also been lucky and not had any BNPL whoopsie's but I can see how so many people do - the site is NOT user friendly at all!

the site is ambiguous on purpose to confuse customers! their codes are also hit and miss as to whether you get the discount as even if it states on your invoice that the code had been applied, they still take the full amount from your credit card and you have to argue your case to get the refund equivalent to the code discount.

i have been following threads on very deals and discount codes since my mishap with them as a new customer and it would appear that 80% of the time the code were fine but 20% of the time you had problems and had to call them to get it resolved and be patient as they can take a while to cough up, but i think if you are determined enough and you have used the code in accordance with the terms and conditions, you will get the discount eventually.
This is a code, not voucher for new customers, I’ve never had a problem with very. But remember they charge for delivery too
markmc99909/02/2020 14:13

I have to say that I've never had issues with their cashback offers. …I have to say that I've never had issues with their cashback offers. They've always done so exactly when they say they will. I've also been lucky and not had any BNPL whoopsie's but I can see how so many people do - the site is NOT user friendly at all!

I’ve never had an issue eithe yet, not saying I won’t tho...
mutley109/02/2020 14:19

the site is ambiguous on purpose to confuse customers! their codes are …the site is ambiguous on purpose to confuse customers! their codes are also hit and miss as to whether you get the discount as even if it states on your invoice that the code had been applied, they still take the full amount from your credit card and you have to argue your case to get the refund equivalent to the code discount.i have been following threads on very deals and discount codes since my mishap with them as a new customer and it would appear that 80% of the time the code were fine but 20% of the time you had problems and had to call them to get it resolved and be patient as they can take a while to cough up, but i think if you are determined enough and you have used the code in accordance with the terms and conditions, you will get the discount eventually.

The site is easy to use as long as you read the rules, which are straight forward. The biggest problem is people can’t follow things, not just on “very”. Then they cry about it instead of taking responsibility for themselves...I’m not saying there isn’t the odd mistakes I’m sure there will be as there is in everything. But the older I get the more I realise it’s user error 99% of the time..
Bargainhead09/02/2020 21:14

The site is easy to use as long as you read the rules, which are straight …The site is easy to use as long as you read the rules, which are straight forward. The biggest problem is people can’t follow things, not just on “very”. Then they cry about it instead of taking responsibility for themselves...I’m not saying there isn’t the odd mistakes I’m sure there will be as there is in everything. But the older I get the more I realise it’s user error 99% of the time..

there are sneaky things being done on the site and the way the company operate, which are not immediately apparent but i know exactly what they are up to and i can tell you they are using techniques to rope people in. they are not as straightforward as other retailers as they are different to other retailers as they sell on credit.

i am not going to go into details about their questionable practices but they are using them alright on purpose.
mutley109/02/2020 21:21

there are sneaky things being done on the site and the way the company …there are sneaky things being done on the site and the way the company operate, which are not immediately apparent but i know exactly what they are up to and i can tell you they are using techniques to rope people in. they are not as straightforward as other retailers as they are different to other retailers as they sell on credit.i am not going to go into details about their questionable practices but they are using them alright on purpose.

I’ve been using them for years when they have a deal on, yes you have to get item on 12 month interest free buy now pay later, to get cash back to your account, which they have always paid. But as long as you choose the 12 month option there’s no problem and you can pay it off straight away... no under hand stuff just society getting dumber and not taking responsibility for not reading terms and conditions...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants