Very not honouring black Friday deal

Posted 3rd Dec
hi
I ordered the Xbox deal with 50 off on BLK friday but I made a mistake on my age so very.co.uk have scrapped the order and told me to order at the new price that went up £70
any advice on how to deal with it?
I complained and manager to call me back in next 72 hrs but won't hold my breath
Community Updates
Top comments
You complained?... You do realise it was you that made a mistake creating a credit account, with the incorrect details. That is no ones fault but your own, if you missed a deal because of it then it’s tough luck unfortunately.
26 Comments
You complained?... You do realise it was you that made a mistake creating a credit account, with the incorrect details. That is no ones fault but your own, if you missed a deal because of it then it’s tough luck unfortunately.
Lol you don’t know your own age.... they don’t have to honour it your in the wrong suck it up.
This is the equivalent to me walking in to the bookies and placing a bet on a horse, that ends up losing the race. I then realise I was meant to bet on the horse that won. So I raise a complaint saying I made a mistake and was meant to bet on the winner...
If I was you OP I would’ve just apologised for the mistake and politely asked if there was anything they could do. If I was the agent who picked up your so called “complaint”, I’d be laughing at how I’m going to respond.
BLK Friday now less than twelve months away.
JohnnyRoller03/12/2019 19:08

If I was the agent who picked up your so called “complaint”, I’d be laugh …If I was the agent who picked up your so called “complaint”, I’d be laughing at how I’m going to respond.

They do that anyway, you don't have to do anything wrong.
deeky03/12/2019 19:12

Yes but can you imagine the amount of halfwits they deal with on a daily basis, look at some on here what post asking for help...
deeky03/12/2019 19:12

Imagine how hard they will laugh at someone who made an error like getting their year of birth wrong, and then has the audacity to complain over it
Type carefully next time.
The finance agreement you tried to purchase on is null & void. Your mistake not Verys. They are well within their rights to ban you for life.
You should still get your £50 off first order as it’ll be a new account but anything will be today’s price, it works both ways, if price had gone down since you ordered you’d now be saving money.
Willy_Wonka03/12/2019 19:36

The finance agreement you tried to purchase on is null & void. Your …The finance agreement you tried to purchase on is null & void. Your mistake not Verys. They are well within their rights to ban you for life.

My advise would be for the OP to ring up their insurance companies and check they have the correct details... They won’t pay out otherwise
toonsquirel03/12/2019 19:39

You should still get your £50 off first order as it’ll be a new account bu …You should still get your £50 off first order as it’ll be a new account but anything will be today’s price, it works both ways, if price had gone down since you ordered you’d now be saving money.

Good luck with that. They just clocked potential fraud.
Willy_Wonka03/12/2019 19:41

Good luck with that. They just clocked potential fraud.

Well yeah if they let him have an account it’ll be a new account so new offers. I don’t see why a mistake will stop it unless he’s like 17 and tried pulling a fast one. Otherwise he has nothing to gain by lying so obviously a mistake.
I actually had a a credit card I took out while at a Newcastle football match cos the woman offering them was fit and the card had Newcastle badge on it. I was drunk and dunno if she misheard or what but my name was spelt world and I still got it and for years just used it with wrong name. I always wondered if I could max it and say that’s not me, I was too honest though..
Edited by: "toonsquirel" 3rd Dec
JohnnyRoller03/12/2019 19:40

My advise would be for the OP to ring up their insurance companies and …My advise would be for the OP to ring up their insurance companies and check they have the correct details... They won’t pay out otherwise

My rule in life is never lie to and insurance company. If anything tell them your house if in a state of disrepair, you have trees about a meter from your foundations, you have a criminal record as long as your arm & you heard once that it was flooded.

Oh & the locks are cheap which you can break with a toothpick. you have 90% flat roofs & the house was built in 1560 with unreinforced concrete with single glazed windows that break when a butterfly passes by. .
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 3rd Dec
Like those folks using IPTV/dodgyboxes then ringing up Sky to conplain when their signal goes kaput
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time...
JohnnyRoller03/12/2019 19:05

This is the equivalent to me walking in to the bookies and placing a bet …This is the equivalent to me walking in to the bookies and placing a bet on a horse, that ends up losing the race. I then realise I was meant to bet on the horse that won. So I raise a complaint saying I made a mistake and was meant to bet on the winner...

Hey good idea this, going to try it tomorrow
How did they know it was the incorrect age?
MR112303/12/2019 21:03

How did they know it was the incorrect age?

Errr credit check?
Willy_Wonka03/12/2019 21:17

Errr credit check?

Credit check would come back as failed or accepted, reason is not stated.
MR112303/12/2019 22:33

Credit check would come back as failed or accepted, reason is not stated.

Yes Credit Check failed due to false information. The OP has no excuse & there is no point delving in. They are not going to adjust the credit check.
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 3rd Dec
Sorry op but you making a mistake with your age is indicative of the problem of lack of concentration in people today and you need to concentrate more on the oh look a butterfly.
JohnnyRoller03/12/2019 19:05

This is the equivalent to me walking in to the bookies and placing a bet …This is the equivalent to me walking in to the bookies and placing a bet on a horse, that ends up losing the race. I then realise I was meant to bet on the horse that won. So I raise a complaint saying I made a mistake and was meant to bet on the winner...

no, this is equivalent to you walking into a bookie and put money on a horse using someone else's credit card. then the horse comes in and you win a huge payout when they ask to see the credit card as proof of payment and ID for money laundering purpose
Did anyone get honoured the additional controller if so how what did you say to them?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants