Found 20th Oct 2009
Okay people, I'll keep it short to stop the boredom.

Basically, 2 years ago I was medically discharged from the Army with a NFCI (Non-Freezing Cold Injury) - upon leaving my life was and kinda still is knackered, I can't work in outdoor environments without being in pain and raising the chances of making my injuries worse.

Today, my uncle asked me to work for him, to which I said yes, not asking what the work was, however, I've just found out the work is outdoor and handling wet goods, so now I am putting my claim for compensation at serious risk.

I've already had £13,500 as an interim payment - the MOD have just made me a final offer, and I really don't want to risk what could set me up as I'm already 2-3 years behind my age.

Do I risk the money and take a job, or do I take the job knowing I could quite easily lose everything? If it wasn't my uncle it would be a simple and easy enough answer, but him being my uncle makes things twice as personal.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

He should realise you can't do outdoor work, and you should realise it's fraud.

/thread

It's a no brainer,don't do it!

It's not worth it, it will affect your claim if they find out

Best to see what compo is on offer and then decide what to do afterwards. You may be entitled to disability benefits, that will see you through.

[url]www.entitledto.com[/url]

If you tell him im sure he will understand why you cant work for him. your health is more important.

dont risk it

Talk to your uncle and say you are not able to do it due to your injury. He won't want to hurt you physically, which you suggest being out in the cold could do to you.

This should be an easy answer, of course u turn dwon the job its only ur uncle plus why would u risk the payout think about yourself first

Original Poster

He knows about my injury, although dosen't realise the pain it causes and the fact that I could be seriously damaging my life.

I just hope he understands.

Like everyone else has said, it's not worth putting your claim at risk. If you explain to your uncle that you didn't realise it was outside, then I'm sure he'll understand :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Cheers everyone, its obviously unanimous that I am a Grade A plonker - I just worry about letting people down too much.

Meadsy4742;6635172

Cheers everyone, its obviously unanimous that I am a Grade A plonker - I … Cheers everyone, its obviously unanimous that I am a Grade A plonker - I just worry about letting people down too much.

i would'nt say your a plonker mate, your just asking for advice & you should look after yourself, i hope things turn out for the best for you :thumbsup:

deb8z;6635069

It's a no brainer,don't do it!

+me.

Your uncle will understand xx

Meadsy4742;6635172

Cheers everyone, its obviously unanimous that I am a Grade A plonker - I … Cheers everyone, its obviously unanimous that I am a Grade A plonker - I just worry about letting people down too much.

Nothing wrong with worrying about others.... but you gotta think about whats best for you too :thumbsup:

Your uncle should understand, if not, he's the plonker! Don't risk it for your health and the obvious fraud element. Good luck.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Google maps on Plusnet11
    2. Psn subscription11
    3. Is this expensive?712
    4. I posted a deal that has been removed511

See more discussions