Very.co.uk BNPL Rip Off Fee!

Posted 14th Jan 2016
Hi All

Received this email from Very.co.uk I've been a customer with them for 5 years now suddenly they send me a email saying this ....I've always paid in full before the BNPL expiry time has expired it looks like they've got more greedy to the people that pay in full before the interest period starts.

Surely the whole reason behind a BNPL scheme is exactly what its suppose to say on the tin?

Guess they **** coz they aint making enough money out of me .
their digging their own grave sending this type of email to a Hotukdeal member.

any advice would be great thanks.

We are making some changes to the terms of your Very account which will take effect from 26/02/2016 onwards.

The Terms and Conditions of your credit agreement will be varied as on your notice of variation which can be accessed byclicking here. Please find a summary of these changes below.Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL)

•We may charge a fee each time that you use Buy Now Pay Later, this fee will be known as a “Buy Now Pay Later Order Fee”.•When you are shopping we will make it clear within checkout if this fee will be charged.•

This fee will be applied to your account within 3 working days of your purchase and will need to be paid in full on the following statement. It is included in your minimum payment.•The fee is fixed in cost therefore it will be the same irrespective of how many items you have in your basket or how much the value.•

This does not affect any of your previous BNPL orders•More FAQs can be found in our Help Pages located in the “contact us” section of the website.Mobile Phone Insurance Excess•If you hold mobile phone insurance with us and make a claim, you will now be able to spread the cost using your Very account.•Buy Now Pay Later is not available.Financial Ombudsman Service
•Additional information has been included to advise what steps to follow should you wish to raise a complaint and how to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service should we not be able to resolve the complaint.Further information on BNPL and Mobile Phone Insurance can be found in our Moneyzone pages.

Yours sincerelyStephen Johnson
Product and Marketing Director
Community Updates
22 Comments
Post a comment