VERY.CO.UK I ordered an item that still hasnt arrived and its now cheaper, will very price match it to the price it is now? Anyone help?

Found 14th Apr 2015
Hi,
I ordered my daughter a new bed and it was estimated 4 week delivery. I went to check status of delivery as I have a very keen and excited girl to get her new bed with slide and noticed it has fell in price by £20. As mine has not be delivered yet is there anyway to get very to match the difference? I called customer services and they told me to cancel the order and reorder but the delivery time is 4 weeks and its due for delivery in 9 days and I would rather pay the extra than disappoint my daughter but was just wondering if I had any grounds to get the sale price matched? Anyone every had an issue like this that can give me some advice? As I said I am not prepared to cancel for the sake of 20 quid but still annoyed at paying the extra.

11 Comments

Most reasonable places would refund the difference however we are talking about Very here. They are one of the worst places I have ever ordered from and refuse to ever use them again. Their service is diabolical not to mention their outrageous prices. Best advice would be to contact them again however I would not expect much.

Edited by: "joshp" 14th Apr 2015

Original Poster

joshp

Most reasonable places would refund the difference however we are talking … Most reasonable places would refund the difference however we are talking about Very here. They are one of the worst places I have ever ordered from and refuse to ever use them again. Their service is diabolical not to mention their outrageous prices. Best advice would be to contact them again however I would not expect much.

I didn't think so and probably wont use them again. It was my first order and only because it was the most reasonable place for my daughters bed. I appreciate you replying x

It's just life really isn't it. I bought a hoover last year and a week later it was half price.

At least the delight on your daughters wee face on that slide will make up up for that 20 quid. ....... my carpets didn't even crack a smile for me.

Call them up again and tell them you'll refuse to accept the delivery, cancel the order and reorder if they dont refund you the £20. The first operator may not be able to do anything but try speaking to someone senior. It'll be worth their own time and money to just refund you the £20.

I had done the same with over clickers the other year. Bought a monitor for £250 and had it booked for a Friday delivery. It got delayed and was going to turn up Monday.

Annoying It got put on a Saturday special for £200.

I complained and nothing. So decided to never user overclockers again.

Saw trustpilot and decided to leave a review end of last year about my experience. 3 days later I got a message from a new oc rep who wanted to call me about my issue.

The same day they rang me and gave me back the £50 difference. Was shocked, and they also offered me a discount on anything I bought from oc. My brother ordered a £1100 laptop and got £90 off from it.

Sometimes making a fuss works.

Over clockers *

I have been told by a Very customer that your best course of action is to cancel your original order, then reorder at the lower price.

order again at the new price and return the full price one. Simple

It's good when my comment gets down voted yet people are telling the OP to re-order, it clearly says they do not want to re-order. Hence why I gave my response.

They have already suggested re-ordering themselves implying that they would not do anything. My advice was to try again... nothing more the OP can do really.
Edited by: "joshp" 15th Apr 2015

Original Poster

joshp

It's good when my comment gets down voted yet people are telling the OP … It's good when my comment gets down voted yet people are telling the OP to re-order, it clearly says they do not want to re-order. Hence why I gave my response. They have already suggested re-ordering themselves implying that they would not do anything. My advice was to try again... nothing more the OP can do really.

Thanks for reading my post and replying I don't think your comments should be down voted. x

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your comments. I had success today after emailing them yesterday and they adjusted my order which was good. I wouldn’t have cancelled as my daughter is to excited to get and was going to just accept it but nice surprise that I managed to get the £20 taken of the balance. x
Post a comment
@
    Text