Very.co.uk Refuse delivery?

Posted 8th Sep
Hi there. I ordered a laptop from Very the other day and then decided to cancel it after finding a better one at the same price. I went on the Very website, order had not been dispatched and I cancelled it. I received an email to confirm the cancellation but there was a small note:

" There is a small chance that the supplier will be unable to cancel your order because it is already on its way to you. If your order is delivered, then please return it in the normal manner."

Surprise surprise, this morning I received an email from Royal Mail telling me that my laptop with arrive on Wednesday.

Do I accept delivery and send it back or should I refuse to accept the delivery? If it gets lost on the way back to supplier am I held responsible?

Cheers,

BD
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
MWC201208/09/2020 20:14

Don’t refuse it. If you refuse the item it then gets sent to Royal Mail h …Don’t refuse it. If you refuse the item it then gets sent to Royal Mail holding depot for lost/unclaimed item/returned mail. Quicker to accept it and post it back

They won’t. Not being ABLE to deliver it and refusing it are two totally different things. It instantly gets returned to sender.
Edited by: "Nat_urally" 8th Sep
10 Comments
I don’t know about who’s responsible, though Royal Mail will mark as refused, so it was never in your possession - surely they can’t blame you!
But I’ve refused a few things (toddler went on a “one click ordering” spree ) and its always proved pretty quick and easy. Saves faffing with returns!
Yes refuse delivery, the quickest way to return something.

Then the tracked delivery will show refused and then go back to Very, so they will then refund you.

Just explain to the postman you would like to refuse it so it gets returned, they should know what you mean.
Edited by: "CaptainZero" 8th Sep
Yes I’d say refuse delivery easiest way to return.
Don’t refuse it. If you refuse the item it then gets sent to Royal Mail holding depot for lost/unclaimed item/returned mail. Quicker to accept it and post it back

Don’t refuse it. If you refuse the item it then gets sent to Royal Mail h …Don’t refuse it. If you refuse the item it then gets sent to Royal Mail holding depot for lost/unclaimed item/returned mail. Quicker to accept it and post it back

If we can’t deliver your mail or you don’t collect it, we hold on to mail at the Customer Service Point for:

18 days - if we weren’t able to deliver it to you or not enough postage was paid
or
21 days - if a customs charge needs to be paid
After this time, we’ll see if there’s a return address on the item. If there is, we’ll return it to the sender by the same service used to send it. After at least 19 days you can contact the sender to find out if they’ve received the item.
Very won’t refund you until they receive the item back. Hope all goes well, all the best

They won’t. Not being ABLE to deliver it and refusing it are two totally different things. It instantly gets returned to sender.
Edited by: "Nat_urally" 8th Sep
If you refuse the parcel it will go straight back to the sender. It will not get held.
I'm going to refuse it and tell Royal Mail to return it back to sender. I'll let you know how I get on! Cheers for all the advice. BD
It will be scanned as refused then once back at the delivery office it will be returned to sender immediately.
Post a comment
@
    Text