Very.co.uk returns...

Posted 11th Nov
Hi,
Please can someone help me with a query?
On 27 October 2019, I purchased an Apple Watch from Very.co.uk

My understanding is that I have 14 days to return the item under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 - the 14 days start from when I received the item (I received the item on 29 October 2019) and I do not need to give a reason. The 14 days end tomorrow (12th November 2019)

Is my understanding correct? I have messaged Very and they have said that because I have used the item, I cannot send the item back... I've emailed them using the MSE Resolver system to ensure that I have something in writing...

If someone can please shed some light, that'll be fantastic

Kind regards,
Vijay.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

26 Comments
Is it faulty? Have you used it?
JimboParrot11/11/2019 09:30

@vpatel2707 it is important you answer this so people can help

“In addition consumers will lose their right to cancel if they:

• unseal goods that are not suitable for return if they are unsealed, due to health protection or hygiene reasons
  • unseal audio, video recordings or computer software that were sealed at the time of delivery
  • combine goods with other goods after delivery so that they become inseparable ”
JimboParrot11/11/2019 09:30

Not faulty no - I have used it though...
myusernamehasgone23411/11/2019 10:10

@vpatel2707 it is important you answer this so people can help“In addition …@vpatel2707 it is important you answer this so people can help“In addition consumers will lose their right to cancel if they:unseal goods that are not suitable for return if they are unsealed, due to health protection or hygiene reasonsunseal audio, video recordings or computer software that were sealed at the time of deliverycombine goods with other goods after delivery so that they become inseparable ”

The Apple Watch is unsealed yes, and has been used...
vpatel270711/11/2019 10:11

Not faulty no - I have used it though...

Then you can't return it.

The consumer rights "right to return" only exists so you can inspect the item.
adam_holcombe11/11/2019 10:23

Then you can't return it. The consumer rights "right to return" only …Then you can't return it. The consumer rights "right to return" only exists so you can inspect the item.

Okay - that’s absolutely fine. Thanks for clarifying!
vpatel270711/11/2019 10:11

The Apple Watch is unsealed yes, and has been used...

Then I think it’s unlikely you be able to return it as when you opened and used it you accepted the goods. It’s not faulty so why do you feel you should be able to return it
myusernamehasgone23411/11/2019 10:25

Then I think it’s unlikely you be able to return it as when you opened and …Then I think it’s unlikely you be able to return it as when you opened and used it you accepted the goods. It’s not faulty so why do you feel you should be able to return it

I must have misread the terms and conditions - I thought because it was sold at a distance (online) then the 14 days were applicable but I completely understand now! I’ll give it to my dad as an Xmas present! Thanks for your help.
deeky11/11/2019 10:25

Good luck. I wish people would read these reviews before buying anything …Good luck. I wish people would read these reviews before buying anything from Very.You wasted your time going through Resolver. Very won't deal with them.

Thank you for clarifying

Good luck. I wish people would read these reviews before buying anything …Good luck. I wish people would read these reviews before buying anything from Very.You wasted your time going through Resolver. Very won't deal with them.As it happens, I don't think you're entitled to return it anyway although it probably wouldn't make any difference if you were entitled. Very are scum.

Wow that is alarming

But John Lewis seems to fair just as badly
uk.trustpilot.com/rev…com
Just send it back saying it won't connect .
myusernamehasgone23411/11/2019 10:29

Wow that is alarming But John Lewis seems to fair just as …Wow that is alarming But John Lewis seems to fair just as badlyhttps://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.johnlewis.com

I don't know about JL because I have never had issues with them. I have had issues with Very (in case you hadn't twigged ) and I would stake my life on every one of those Very reviews being genuine.
KemCol11/11/2019 10:31

Yes, I wouldn't normally condone dishonesty like that but I can make an exception for Very.

Just be aware OP, that even if you do take this route, Very's policy is for you to return it for inspection, in which case they will just say there's nothing wrong with it and you'll be back where you are now. Amazon, they ain't.
deeky11/11/2019 10:31

I don't know about JL because I have never had issues with them. I have …I don't know about JL because I have never had issues with them. I have had issues with Very (in case you hadn't twigged ) and I would stake my life on every one of those Very reviews being genuine.

I had issues with Game, absolutely terrible customer service. I loath them and wouldn’t buy from every again. I ended up out of pocket with item and store staff and customer service were beyond useless. Tired and tired over and over again to resolve the issue and it wasn’t

uk.trustpilot.com/rev….uk
adam_holcombe11/11/2019 10:23

Then you can't return it. The consumer rights "right to return" only …Then you can't return it. The consumer rights "right to return" only exists so you can inspect the item.

Although quite how you can inspect an item without opening it is a mystery to me
deeky11/11/2019 10:37

Although quite how you can inspect an item without opening it is a mystery …Although quite how you can inspect an item without opening it is a mystery to me

You have to be able to inspect it to the same level you could in a physical store... If you went to Currys, all you could do is look at the box.
KemCol11/11/2019 10:31

Probably not good advice with Very and morally quite questionable anyway.

It does appear they are notoriously poor at dealing with returns.

They might end up with no watch and no refund.
myusernamehasgone23411/11/2019 10:37

I had issues with Game, absolutely terrible customer service. I loath them …I had issues with Game, absolutely terrible customer service. I loath them and wouldn’t buy from every again. I ended up out of pocket with item and store staff and customer service were beyond useless. Tired and tired over and over again to resolve the issue and it wasn’t https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.game.co.uk

It's horrible. It took me about 6 weeks to get a refund on a £600 (paid in full up-front) order that THEY cancelled, and I only got it after opening a dispute with PayPal. The fact that they ended up refunding me about £186 too much only slightly eased my pain
adam_holcombe11/11/2019 10:38

You have to be able to inspect it to the same level you could in a …You have to be able to inspect it to the same level you could in a physical store... If you went to Currys, all you could do is look at the box.

Yeah, I get that. So you can't actually inspect it.
deeky11/11/2019 10:40

It's horrible. It took me about 6 weeks to get a refund on a £600 (paid in …It's horrible. It took me about 6 weeks to get a refund on a £600 (paid in full up-front) order that THEY cancelled, and I only got it after opening a dispute with PayPal. The fact that they ended up refunding me about £186 too much only slightly eased my pain

Well done on the extra refund.

Seems reasonable for wasting your time for so long.

Good luck. I wish people would read these reviews before buying anything …Good luck. I wish people would read these reviews before buying anything from Very.You wasted your time going through Resolver. Very won't deal with them, usually citing GDPR.As it happens, I don't think you're entitled to return it anyway although it probably wouldn't make any difference if you were entitled. Very are scum.

Very are scum (they are pushing credit ) and have poor customer service /after sales
Edited by: "dezbo8888" 11th Nov
deeky11/11/2019 10:40

It's horrible. It took me about 6 weeks to get a refund on a £600 (paid in …It's horrible. It took me about 6 weeks to get a refund on a £600 (paid in full up-front) order that THEY cancelled, and I only got it after opening a dispute with PayPal. The fact that they ended up refunding me about £186 too much only slightly eased my pain

What was the review you stuck up 4 hours ago? Seen Very reported it so can't read it haha
DeusVentus11/11/2019 14:10

What was the review you stuck up 4 hours ago? Seen Very reported it so …What was the review you stuck up 4 hours ago? Seen Very reported it so can't read it haha

There's one of the Very staff, 'Raymond H', who's standard, C&P reply includes him saying 'The team are highly trained and will do there up most to get this resolved'.

38958691-SV5z6.jpg

I told him a few weeks ago that it's ridiculous, and that was removed. He still says the same thing so the one removed today was just a friendly reminder
Edited by: "deeky" 11th Nov
deeky11/11/2019 15:45

There's one of the Very staff, 'Raymond H', who's standard, C&P reply … There's one of the Very staff, 'Raymond H', who's standard, C&P reply includes him saying 'The team are highly trained and will do there up most to get this resolved'. [Image] I told him a few weeks ago that it's ridiculous, and that was removed. He still says the same thing so the one removed today was just a friendly reminder

Wonder where Raymond H is from with spelling like that?
Edited by: "JimboParrot" 11th Nov
JimboParrot11/11/2019 15:50

Wonder where Raymond H is from with spelling like that?

I don't know but I could take an educated guess
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions