VERY.co.uk - unable to get refund of money taken without reason by DIRECT DEBIT

Posted 7th JanEdited by:"makeitbetter"
Hi there.
If anybody had problem to get refund and been misguided with real balance of account is more then welcome to share experience.
I had 1 item taken in credit on VERY.CO.UK. All balance been cleared before term of payment. Account balance been £0. Very taken by direct debit £38.65. When I call them get refund: When I asked : - What is balance on my account ? Customer Adviser (Finayo) said: zero zero zero (???)
DICTIONARY say: Account balance. Credits minus debits at the end of a reporting period.
So obviously I've been misguided. When I said what is my real balance : -£38.65
Lady start to say I didn't let her explain. She declared to issue refund... but after few moments realized there is no option for it. I heard: We are unable to issue refund! I should claim this thru the bank. Of course when I asked to speak with manager, is not available...
But what would be if I owe £38.65 to ShopDirect LTD ???
Any other company is able to issue refund... What is "special" about Shop Direct ???
Community Updates
16 Comments
When did this debit your bank account? Given it’s a Direct Debit, if this happened today it will still fall within a general billing cycle so the bank should be able to stop it easily - you are in control of a direct debit, remember that, not Very
Edited by: "joeydeacon" 7th Jan
If balance is zero after taking a payment then the merchant likely believed the payment was due. It is reasonable to assume that no refund would be available if no refund was due. Why not ask the merchant to confirm what the payment was for and when/how you were notified of its existence, as consumers can often forget / misinterpret / don't understand payment timing or promotional offers, eligibility and application. The merchant may have made a genuine error, as may have the ranting customer.
Direct debits get sent to the bank a few days before payment is taken if you have cleared the balance once they have already sent for the money the bank will pay it. Wait a couple of days till the money clears into your account ring back up and ask for a refund even a cheque...

you should of cancelled direct debit once you had paid account off.. I never set direct debits for credit cards or places like very...
Bargainhead07/01/2020 13:33

Direct debits get sent to the bank a few days before payment is taken if …Direct debits get sent to the bank a few days before payment is taken if you have cleared the balance once they have already sent for the money the bank will pay it. Wait a couple of days till the money clears into your account ring back up and ask for a refund even a cheque... you should of cancelled direct debit once you had paid account off.. I never set direct debits for credit cards or places like very...

What's a cheque?
Can you log into your Very account and see all the previous payments you have made and the account balance at zero.

Does it match what you are expecting.

Have all the previous payment been on time any late payment incur penalties and that’s perhaps why the balance wasn’t zero as you were expecting.

I would double check your account first and if they do owe you money then call again and speak to someone else about it perhaps the first person you spoke too wasn’t particularly helpful.

Try to remain as calm as possible getting angry and shouting with the agent won’t help matters.

Calmly explain what has happened and what you expect to happen next.

They can refund you if needed and are been difficult if they say they can’t.
Bargainhead07/01/2020 13:39

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chequehope that helps

Ah, I remember now.
I also remember when there were banks in the area that I could pay them into.
chimp14uk07/01/2020 13:45

Ah, I remember now.I also remember when there were banks in the area that …Ah, I remember now.I also remember when there were banks in the area that I could pay them into.

You never need or use things till they are gone lol..

I can’t wait till we go cashless be so much easier..
Bargainhead07/01/2020 13:47

You never need or use things till they are gone lol..I can’t wait till we g …You never need or use things till they are gone lol..I can’t wait till we go cashless be so much easier..

I suppose the Big Issue sellers will have card readers by then.
chimp14uk07/01/2020 14:03

I suppose the Big Issue sellers will have card readers by then.

Some do now, it would cut down on street level dealing, but they will find away..
Bargainhead07/01/2020 13:33

Direct debits get sent to the bank a few days before payment is taken if …Direct debits get sent to the bank a few days before payment is taken if you have cleared the balance once they have already sent for the money the bank will pay it. Wait a couple of days till the money clears into your account ring back up and ask for a refund even a cheque... you should of cancelled direct debit once you had paid account off.. I never set direct debits for credit cards or places like very...

Direct debit been taken after any remaining balance been cleared by me. If Vodafone, O2, EOn or any other company charge you too much then they issue refund or send CHEQUE by post. Very is out of league... They ask to claim money by bank cause they can't refund. Strange... it's 21st century. What will be if will owe them £38.65?
myusernamehasgone23407/01/2020 13:38

Can you log into your Very account and see all the previous payments you …Can you log into your Very account and see all the previous payments you have made and the account balance at zero. Does it match what you are expecting. Have all the previous payment been on time any late payment incur penalties and that’s perhaps why the balance wasn’t zero as you were expecting.I would double check your account first and if they do owe you money then call again and speak to someone else about it perhaps the first person you spoke too wasn’t particularly helpful. Try to remain as calm as possible getting angry and shouting with the agent won’t help matters.Calmly explain what has happened and what you expect to happen next.They can refund you if needed and are been difficult if they say they can’t.

All payments are always made on time. Never had any penalties. My account shows - £38.65 (which mean they owe me those money)
Problem is when consultant doesn't understand basic words BALANCE, REFUND etc.
Generally I asked simply for refund. (bank transfer, cheque) but they can't do it. How it comes in real world?
giovedi07/01/2020 22:33

Direct debit been taken after any remaining balance been cleared by me. If …Direct debit been taken after any remaining balance been cleared by me. If Vodafone, O2, EOn or any other company charge you too much then they issue refund or send CHEQUE by post. Very is out of league... They ask to claim money by bank cause they can't refund. Strange... it's 21st century. What will be if will owe them £38.65?

Read what I wrote again, then slowly read your response it makes no sense, I was offering a reason and advice to get your money back, phone again try a different agent. Then again, till you get someone who can help.

I really wish I hadn’t tried to help it £38.65, not even worth a forum post....
Bargainhead08/01/2020 05:28

Read what I wrote again, then slowly read your response it makes no sense, …Read what I wrote again, then slowly read your response it makes no sense, I was offering a reason and advice to get your money back, phone again try a different agent. Then again, till you get someone who can help.I really wish I hadn’t tried to help it £38.65, not even worth a forum post....

Consider these two HUKD members @makeitbetter (the OP) and @giovedi (thread random contributor) appear to have had exactly the same amounts apparently incorrectly debited at the same time from their Very account(s?). That's kinda weird; almost as if one person has two accounts within the organisation(s)...
AndyRoyd08/01/2020 12:37

Consider these two HUKD members @makeitbetter (the OP) and @giovedi …Consider these two HUKD members @makeitbetter (the OP) and @giovedi (thread random contributor) appear to have had exactly the same amounts apparently incorrectly debited at the same time from their Very account(s?). That's kinda weird; almost as if one person has two accounts within the organisation(s)...

Very strange no pun intended...
Funny how second account was opened 1st December, maybe for flame deers starting...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants