Groups

vespa scoot

does anyone know if i can drive a gs200 with 16bph on a dsa licnese at 18 as i know you can get insured when the bike has a restricted license to show insurance peoples,they can insure me on cbt license but i dont it would be legal even though the bph is within the 33 allowed

10 Comments

Original Poster

they gave me quote of £505 on a cbt license
    i read they can sit at 90 though

Original Poster

just found out i can ride anything no more than 33bph when i do a test ,then anything upto 1000cc at 21 then over that at 25

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

it will sit at 90 all day but thats in kph not mph, top speed is 65mph if … it will sit at 90 all day but thats in kph not mph, top speed is 65mph if your slightly fibbing

no 90 last owner says he had on motorway cruising at 90 mph

JACKIT99

no 90 last owner says he had on motorway cruising at 90 mph

Its an awful looking bike for a start.

Hes either modded it to the extreme to add another 30mph onto it (which will mean your insurance will rocket) or he is lying.

Taken from

bikez.com/mot…php

Displacement: 198.00 ccm (12.08 cubic inches)
    Engine type: Single cylinder, two-stroke
    Power: 12.00 HP (8.8 kW)) @ 6000 RPM
    Top speed: 100.0 km/h (62.1 mph)
    Compression: 9.0:1
    Bore x stroke: 66.0 x 57.0 mm (2.6 x 2.2 inches)
    Fuel system: Carburettor
    Cooling system: Air
    Gearbox: 4-speed
    Fuel consumption: 4.00 litres/100 km (25.0 km/l or 58.81 mpg)
    Greenhouse gases: 92.8 CO2 g/km. (CO2 - Carbon dioxide emission)
    Edited by: "greenmachine12" 29th Mar 2011

Original Poster

greenmachine12

Its an awful looking bike for a start.my bad mate is was gt200 slightly … Its an awful looking bike for a start.my bad mate is was gt200 slightly tuned,anyway i found an 800cc honda instead 35bphHes either modded it to the extreme to add another 30mph onto it (which will mean your insurance will rocket) or he is lying.Taken fromhttp://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/vespa_cosa_200_gs_1991.phpDisplacement: 198.00 ccm (12.08 cubic inches)Engine type: Single cylinder, two-strokePower: 12.00 HP (8.8 kW)) @ 6000 RPMTop speed: 100.0 km/h (62.1 mph)Compression: 9.0:1Bore x stroke: 66.0 x 57.0 mm (2.6 x 2.2 inches)Fuel system: CarburettorCooling system: AirGearbox: 4-speedFuel consumption: 4.00 litres/100 km (25.0 km/l or 58.81 mpg)Greenhouse gases: 92.8 CO2 g/km. (CO2 - Carbon dioxide emission)

Banned

shoud scrape bout 70mph standrd....

I would personally go as big as possible, you will only find yourself getting bored with the speed. If you the biggest you can, there wont be any chance of swapping it for something faster.

casparwhite

shoud scrape bout 70mph standrd....

greenmachine12

I would personally go as big as possible, you will only find yourself … I would personally go as big as possible, you will only find yourself getting bored with the speed. If you the biggest you can, there wont be any chance of swapping it for something faster.

Yes, but if you get the fastest you can get, then you cant regret getting something slower then going through the hassle of trying to sell that and get a new one.

Banned

whatsThePoint

Did you measure that with a bit of string which unlikely to be more … Did you measure that with a bit of string which unlikely to be more accurate than the timing lights/radar gun/gps etc used by people who test the speed for a living70mph on the clock which is highly inaccurate maybe, But 50mph in real life allowing for the drag of all those mirrors

Gps.....

top speed is 73-74 mph listed by a few "testers" so i dont know where youre getting your misinformation from. then agin its nothing new to see you spouting a crock about stuff you hve no experience with whatsoever

its a 200gt not a 50/125 in case you arent aware, giving you the benefit of the doubt

Edited by: "casparwhite" 30th Mar 2011

Banned

for some reason read it as the gt. not ridden the gs....70 is what i got from 1 of those. its late realised after getting these....

Model: Vespa Granturismo 200 L
    Year: 2005
    Category: Scooter
    Rating: 74.5 out of 100. Show full rating and compare with other bikes
    Engine and transmission
    Displacement: 198.00 ccm (12.08 cubic inches)
    Engine type: Single cylinder, four-stroke
    Power: 20.00 HP (14.6 kW)) @ 8500 RPM
    Top speed: 119.0 km/h (73.9 mph)

bikez.com/mot…php

Top Speed (mph) 74
    Top Speed (km/h) 119

motorcycle.com/spe…tml
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      2. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions