Groups
    EXPIRED

vet wont take back untouched tablets, can they do this?

Hi, my vet prescribed the following last night for my dog,
    fortekor 5mg
    vetmedin 5mg
    and the bill was extortionate for these tablets, I'm looking online for them cheaper but the vet is saying that he wont take the untouched tablets back, are they allowed to do this?
    Online is £40 for a months supply whilst the vet charged £100 so worth the fight i think.

14 Comments

Is the seal intact?

There is no right to take an unwanted product back under law so yes he's allowed to do this.

Original Poster

electriclinux;5395889

Is the seal intact?

yes seal is intact,

Original Poster

Jakg;5395898

There is no right to take an unwanted product back under law so yes he's … There is no right to take an unwanted product back under law so yes he's allowed to do this.

really, that's a shame, when you're in a vets and listening to the vet saying you need these tablets to steady your dogs heart so you go out and pay for the service and tablets you dont have an oppertunity to question the price,

I've been with this vets for over 10 yrs now if they dont take them back I think i'll review my options with them,
    my in-laws who are pensioners were paying £120 a month for tablets to keep their dog alive when it could have been so much cheaper online, rip off to me.,

Can't take medicines back in case they have been tampered with............the vet is right. The only way they can take them back is for no refund for them to be destroyed.

The seal doesn't prove anything as they can be replaced i'm afraid.

no vet or chemist can take back any medication even if the seals are intact it too big a risk of giving out meds that have been tampered with

also be careful ordering meds online be sure the site is registered to a recognised governing bodyto ensure you get what you order and not fakes

dmissy13;5396021

no vet or chemist can take back any medication even if the seals are … no vet or chemist can take back any medication even if the seals are intact it too big a risk of giving out meds that have been tampered withalso be careful ordering meds online be sure the site is registered to a recognised governing bodyto ensure you get what you order and not fakes

+1

Original Poster

dmissy13;5396021

no vet or chemist can take back any medication even if the seals are … no vet or chemist can take back any medication even if the seals are intact it too big a risk of giving out meds that have been tampered withalso be careful ordering meds online be sure the site is registered to a recognised governing bodyto ensure you get what you order and not fakes

great advise thank you, I was going to use vetmedsplus.co.uk
    Vetmedsplus is a registered online dispensary run by UK veterinarians committed to animal health. All products supplied are identical to those from your vet but sold at a discounted price due to our lower operating costs.

Vetmedsplus is owned and maintained by Matthew Hayward BPharm, MRPharmS, Registration number R5451 and Justin Levy BA, DVM, BVM&S MRCVS, Royal College Registration number 6362518.

Orders containing prescription medicines will be sent recorded delivery. Orders are dispatched within 2 working days of receiving a successfully completed order. Prescription medicines will be dispatched once a completed prescription is received

soz but the vets right, he cant be 100% sure they are the very same tablets he gave to you so would have to destroy them rather than take a risk, id suggest in future whatever he prescribes just say you will nip back in 30 min, meanwhile go home and check price on the net.

On the bright side...........if it makes your dog better then to me the cost would be insignificant as long as the end result is a good one.

Original Poster

Syzable;5396276

On the bright side...........if it makes your dog better then to me the … On the bright side...........if it makes your dog better then to me the cost would be insignificant as long as the end result is a good one.

looks like i'll be swallowing the vets supplies for a month and then onto online supplies,

thks all

you will get money back on your insurance through the vet not sure if they refund internet buys

This is precisely why my dogs were insured. Would have hated to be ripped off in a situation like this....turns out one of my dogs had many things wrong with her, including digestive problems (major ££££ for tabs) and she was on various tablets daily. Since her I doubt I would ever have another dog without insurance. Would also hate to be in the position of not being able to afford vets bills for them.
    Hope you get the outcome you want, maybe even if you just learn 'the lesson'.
    (took 2 guineapigs to the vets the other week, ended up having to have that 'spot on' treatment for a charge of £30 each (in total)....went into asda and saw the same tubes for £2.95 i think they were....pets are worth the spend but its awful to be ripped off when you place so much trust on them)

Banned

Syzable;5396276

On the bright side...........if it makes your dog better then to me the … On the bright side...........if it makes your dog better then to me the cost would be insignificant as long as the end result is a good one.

yes but £60 is quite an expensive subsidy or for a lesson to be learnt

its only money:-D

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.79
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767348
    3. What would be HELL to you?2637
    4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927370

See more discussions