Vets4pets

Posted 26th Jun 2020
Has any one had any experience with vets for pets at pets at home? No cat insurance big mistake

So the cat was hardly moving and was struggling to breathe with a wide open month sort of opening and shutting and looking at us with a blank stair bit of dribbling and would not move or respond

It looked on its last legs so took it to Vets4pets to be told nothing is wrong with it and it is down to the heat. Even though the cat still looks sick now

Bill come back at £217 to be told nothing is wrong

They did a x ray that cost £132 eye drops £23 a injection £12 and meta cam 20

I believe something is wrong with this cat even now and we do not know what to make of it and this massive bill

Is this normal?
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Have you tried cooling the cat down with a cold towel where you can place the cat on and also maybe a fan?

You can take it to another vet
T650026/06/2020 11:40

Have you tried cooling the cat down with a cold towel where you can place …Have you tried cooling the cat down with a cold towel where you can place the cat on and also maybe a fan?You can take it to another vet

Got fans going all over the place

Can not afford other vet now this just cost 217 and has to go back in next week for antibiotics

All this money gone to be told nothing is wrong with it. Get pet insurance every one be smart

Reading the reviews looks like we have made a big mistake

uk.trustpilot.com/rev…com

It is the x ray that has added silly costs and they never told us how much it would cost because you can not even go in the same room because of the coronavirus
Edited by: "lcf202" 26th Jun
lcf20226/06/2020 11:53

Got fans going all over the place Can not afford other vet now this just …Got fans going all over the place Can not afford other vet now this just cost 217 and has to go back in next week for antibiotics All this money gone to be told nothing is wrong with it. Get pet insurance every one be smartReading the reviews looks like we have made a big mistake https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.vets4pets.comIt is the x ray that has added silly costs and they never told us how much it would cost because you can not even go in the same room because of the coronavirus

Have you already paid? If not, I would challenge this with a manager or initiate the complaints procedure.
T650026/06/2020 11:58

Have you already paid? If not, I would challenge this with a manager or …Have you already paid? If not, I would challenge this with a manager or initiate the complaints procedure.

Took in and Paid £150 today and got rest left to pay sadly

What would you suggest? Because I fear they are going charge extra on top on Monday because it has to go back in again
Discuss with the manager and advise them that you were not informed of the charges!
lcf20226/06/2020 11:53

Got fans going all over the place Can not afford other vet now this just …Got fans going all over the place Can not afford other vet now this just cost 217 and has to go back in next week for antibiotics All this money gone to be told nothing is wrong with it. Get pet insurance every one be smartReading the reviews looks like we have made a big mistake https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.vets4pets.comIt is the x ray that has added silly costs and they never told us how much it would cost because you can not even go in the same room because of the coronavirus

Nothing wrong but on antibiotics.... Ok
I wouldn't trust vet4pets at all. skeletal staff and rip off merchants to boot. took in my very fiesty cat who hates vet with a vengeance as she had scratched herself silly on her neck/ chest area that it was red raw and bled. Vet4pet vet injected her with god knows what - but made me hold the cat (my arms and hands were shred to bits as I couldn't control her / no training/ no protective clothing) granted its my cat but if only had it a couple of months (rehomed rescue) he told me it was an ear infection so have me drops charging an atrocious amount (80% more than online prices) it dint make the slightest difference. my very experienced friend then said its most definately an allergy to flea bites. lo and behold, it was. no eat infection ever. I reckon they just say anything to make £
Maybe get the cat to relax and cool off
41214489-9rcFX.jpg
You may be able to save money on antibiotics. Ask how much the prescription will cost, I was recently charged £38 for antibiotics and steroids which would have cost £2-£3 on Animed. The prescription would probably have cost me £10-£15.
I’d avoid them also I’ve had nothing but issues with them
T650026/06/2020 12:14

Discuss with the manager and advise them that you were not informed of the …Discuss with the manager and advise them that you were not informed of the charges!

Just called and they gave us 50% off the x ray bill and he full apology for him not telling us the cost

So just the £150 paid in store

But the cat still looks in bad shape so I do not trust it is just the hot weather
lcf20226/06/2020 14:50

Just called and they gave us 50% off the x ray bill and he full apology …Just called and they gave us 50% off the x ray bill and he full apology for him not telling us the cost So just the £150 paid in store But the cat still looks in bad shape so I do not trust it is just the hot weather

Glad you resolved this.

As I previously suggested, take the cat to another reputable Vet. Maybe ask a friend or family member or check Google reviews.
if you are on housing benefit call your local PDSA. If not, then maybe call them anyway. They might be able to advise you of a low cost vet in your area.

I hope the cat gets better.
deleted1163056
Might just be me but it's strange how you refer to your beloved pet as "the cat" and "it".
deleted116305626/06/2020 21:40

Might just be me but it's strange how you refer to your beloved pet as …Might just be me but it's strange how you refer to your beloved pet as "the cat" and "it".

Not my cat

Mums cat just helping out
deleted116305626/06/2020 21:40

Might just be me but it's strange how you refer to your beloved pet as …Might just be me but it's strange how you refer to your beloved pet as "the cat" and "it".

No, not just you. I thought it too.
Post a comment
@
    Text