VGA to HDMI Adapter/Converter

Edited by:"varunadas"Found 15th Jan
Want to connect the computer with VGA output to TV which only has HDMI input. Anybody has managed to get this working reasonably as I see there are different products at various price points. Thanks.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments
it is best/better if you can find any other way to do it, such as upgrade VGA card on PC
The very cheap cables will not work it needs to be an active system to convert the analog signal into a digital one and the quality will be inferior
Original Poster
maddogb12 h, 14 m ago

it is best/better if you can find any other way to do it, such as upgrade …it is best/better if you can find any other way to do it, such as upgrade VGA card on PC The very cheap cables will not work it needs to be an active system to convert the analog signal into a digital one and the quality will be inferior

I agree with your comments but given the PCs are old (Optiplex 755) I am not sure what cheap cards I can use which will have HDMI output. Also I have got a PC with Display Port - will simply buying a cable with DisplayPort end on side and HDMI on other suffice?
varunadas11 h, 37 m ago

I agree with your comments but given the PCs are old (Optiplex 755) I am …I agree with your comments but given the PCs are old (Optiplex 755) I am not sure what cheap cards I can use which will have HDMI output. Also I have got a PC with Display Port - will simply buying a cable with DisplayPort end on side and HDMI on other suffice?

i haven't done that with display port but according to most sources yes a cheapish adapter will suffice for that
maplin.co.uk/p/m…1qh
surprised the dells don't have a dvi output though, again dvi can usually be converted to hdmi via a simple cable quite easily.
The key point is to be sure it's the right way, as HDMI to VGA tend to be cheaper than VGA to HDMI
Looks like an adequate option (needs USB power) amazon.co.uk/GAN…dmi

Otherwise, changing the graphics card kind of depends if it requires a low profile card or a standard... in the 755, only the Minitower has full height, the Desktop and SFF are Low Profile while the USFF has none.

Only seen the Nvidia GT710 / GT720 in standard height at CEX at the moment, pretty low end cards, but probably better than what it has and with a tolerably low power requirement - of course in modern cards, the GT1030 is the king of low power and can be found in low profile versions
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants