Groups

VGA To Scart Cable

Hi everyone was just wondering if any techno junkie can help, basically I want to get my laptop screen on my tv, and I'm assuming thats the VGA output. Trouble is I have an age old tv so is there even such a thing as VGA to Scart, and if so, does anyone know where I can find a cheap one please? Thanks

6 Comments

you might have a 3.5mm video out on the side of your laptop...or s-video out or hdmi out as well... what laptop is it. Also most LCD TVs these days have a monitor input. Some more details on your laptop/TV might help find the best solution for you.

Edit... just read your tv is old so we'll assume it only has scart not s-video.

As far as I know the only way to do it is to use something like this from E-bay;

never tried it but ]this might do it if you use those RCA / Svideo to scart adapters ... like ]this sort of stuff.

Original Poster

Thanks guys, I do have the red white and yellow female adapter things in the side of the tv, is that of any use?
    Sorry I'm such a technophone lol

Mattallica;5968582

Thanks guys, I do have the red white and yellow female adapter things in … Thanks guys, I do have the red white and yellow female adapter things in the side of the tv, is that of any use?Sorry I'm such a technophone lol

yes you can definitely have the sound coming out of the headphone jack in your laptop to the tv ... for the picture u want the video out > RCA (Yellow) cable (like a camcorder cable)... (if your laptop has that Video out (it looks like the headphone jack ...same size)... the symbol for it is shown in this pic

http://www.makeyougohmm.com/images/2006/tvout450.jpg

^ dunno wtf that is about go ]here to see pic

Banned

you need a scan converter.. there is one on ebay for about £13 if you look hard enough
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Customer Service from Giffgaff worth £60???55
      2. Baby seat hiring car abroad67
      3. Dashcam question59
      4. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming59

See more discussions